Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DeeptiYour feedback matters!
I have a severe sensitivity on the right side of my mouth from both hot and cold, more from cold. It occurs usually after meals in the night. Kindly advice.
Cavities and bad teeth are the most common complain of children around the world. It is never too early to start inculcating good dental habits in your child. You can begin even before your child has his or her first set of teeth. Begin by being a good example and taking care of your own teeth. Along with that, here are a few dental tips to keep a bright smile on your child's face.
- Get a dental check up: Your child's first visit to the dentists should be when he is she is around a year old. Even if your little one only has two teeth by this time, the dentist will be able to take a look at how the child's teeth are developing. The first dental visit should be followed by regular checkups.
- Check your water: Your child needs water with fluoride in it. This protects the teeth. Bottled water usually does not contain fluoride and hence should not be used to make the baby's formula or given to the baby. Additionally, ensure that the baby's mouth is cleaned of all milk residues, etc. before he or she goes to sleep.
- Brush teeth: Once your child has his first set of teeth, it is time to teach him how to brush them. Ideally, teeth should be brushed twice a day for two minutes each. Use a soft bristled toothbrush for your baby with a smear of fluoridated toothpaste. Brushing your teeth with your child will give them an example to follow and make it easier for them to learn how to brush their teeth. You may introduce your child to flossing once they are 6 years old.
- Avoid sugar: Candy and chocolate is the leading cause of cavities in children. Sugar releases acid that takes up to half an hour to be cleaned by saliva. Thus, frequent sugary snacks can leave your child's mouth acidic for longer and make it more susceptible to cavities and tooth decay.
- Meal times: Maintaining regular mealtimes not only gives your baby a healthy lifestyle, but also affects their dental health. Instead of letting your child sip out of a sipper cup throughout the day, encourage him to drink a glass of juice in one sitting. Juice contains sugar and hence this has a similar effect to snacking in the day. When using a sipper cup also pay attention to the back of your child's upper front teeth. Since the sipper cup positions itself behind these teeth, this may be the first to show signs of tooth decay.
Sir how to reduce hairfall and depression while single and how to avoid getting tensions and Vasan has dental problem suggest him for solution.
I have pain in my teeth and dentist advised me for rct. But I breast feed my 6 months old baby. What medication should I take?
Im having hholes in middle of the teeth n having pain when im taking cool and hot items please help me.
Hello Sir my father is 67 years old. He has no teeth and need best solution in economy cost. Please suggest.
Missing teeth might look great in kids but not in adults.
If your tooth is missing it can lead to a whole lot of problems like cavities in the adjacent teeth, functional & esthetic impairement.
Also if a tooth is missing, the adjacent teeth start to drift in order to close the gap. Moreover the upper tooth starts drifting downwards if empty space is present & vice a versa. All this movement leads to sensitivity due to root exposure in the adjacent teeth or upper or lower teeth.
Hence it is very important to replace a tooth as soon as it is lost.
We can replace the tooth/teeth in 3 ways:
1. Removable Partial Denture
2. Bridge formation
Stained or yellow teeth are very common and may persist for a long time despite proper brushing, because of certain habits such as drinking tea, coffee or smoking frequently. The good thing is you can get rid of yellow teeth naturally.
Here are 5 easy ways:
1. Use a scrub made of strawberry, baking soda and salt.
Enriched with vitamin C, strawberries helpin the breakdown of plaque, resulting in whiter teeth. Moreover, the presence of an enzyme known as malic acid in strawberries, make them natural teeth stain removers. The salt generally performs the function of the scrub to remove the gunk that causes stain.
Directions: Mix 2/3 large strawberries (mashed) with ½ teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of sea salt. Use a paper towel to dry your teeth and apply the mixture on them with a toothbrush. Leave on for about 5 minutes and then rinse your mouth with water. Repeat every night.
2. Apply a paste of lemon juice and baking soda
Being mildly abrasive, baking soda acts as an effective scrub and eliminator of stains from your teeth’s surface. Lemon juice is known to have natural bleaching properties, which make the mixture perfect for giving you sparkling teeth.
Directions: Make a paste using few teaspoons of baking soda and the requisite amount of lemon juice. Ensure that your teeth are free from saliva and then use a toothbrush to apply the paste on your teeth. Rinse your teeth properly with water after a minute.
3. Use coconut oil to rinse your mouth
Coconut oil contains lauric acid,which helps get rid of bacteria present in plaque, the ones that are responsible for the yellowing of teeth. Elimination of the bacteria will remove plaque and give you whiter teeth.
Directions: Swish 1 tablespoon of coconut oil through and around your teeth. Continue for 10-15 minutes and then spit it out. Use water to rinse your mouth and then brush your teeth. Repeat every morning for visible results within a few days.
4. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on your regular toothpaste
Sea salt is known for its exceptional cleansing and exfoliating properties, which makes it a highly effective remedy to curb yellowness or discolouration of teeth.
Directions: Top your regular toothpaste with a pinch of salt before brushing. Alternatively, you can also brush your teeth only with salt once every week to get whiter teeth.
5. Brush your teeth with a neemstick
Neem bark is considered to be an elixir of oral health due to its anti-microbial properties. In fact, neem has been used for cleaning teeth in India since ancient times.
Directions: Soak the tip of a neem stick in water overnight. Take out the topmost woody layer of the stick in the morning. Brush your stick using this stick and rinse your mouth with water afterwards.
CAUTION: However, these are not permanent cures and plaque build-up can recur due to your eating and drinking habits. For a long lasting cure, you could go for a professional teeth-whitening session at a dentist’s clinic.