Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepraj BhandarkarYour feedback matters!
I am a boy and I am 15 years old and I have oily face and dark and red spots on my face So what should I do.
Hello Doctor, I am suffering from fungal skin infection. Please advice me the medicine as well as precautions.
Sir I have oil skin. Please suggest me a sunscreen body lotion for my skin, because when I'm roaming outside my skin become dark.
doctor ji sister k पीत उछल रही है और सभी शरीर पर दाफड हो गए है इसका कोई आयुर्वेदिक इलाज बताईये please.
I have very pimple and ance on my face and blackheads also l visited many doctor but nothing help me.
On my face soo much oil is producing, even after I washed my face. With in 1hour oil is producing, from many years I have this problem. What should I do?
It's summer tym n daily after in a class n summer day are skin black n oily soo plzz tell protect my skin..
Bladder cancer refers to a cancer, which arises from the epithelial lining or the urothelium of the urinary bladder. In the most common form of bladder cancer, the normal histology of the urothelium is recapitulated. It is called transitional cell carcinoma. Bladder cancer is a serious form of cancer that leads to many deaths too.
There are several modes of treatment for bladder cancer. They are:
Bladder cancer surgery: Surgeries are common for treating bladder cancer. The types of surgeries include:
1. Transurethral resection of bladder tumor or TURBT: This mode is used for determining the presence of bladder cancer and to find out if it has invaded the bladder wall muscle layer. This treatment mode is generally used in the early stages of bladder cancer.
2. Cystectomy: A cystectomy is undertaken when bladder cancer is very invasive and parts of the bladder or the whole of it has to be removed. There are two types of cystectomy.
- Partial cystectomy is used when the cancer invades the bladder muscle layer in a small area. It can be removed without the whole bladder being taken out.
- A Radical cystectomy is undertaken in case the cancer affects a large area and is present in multiple areas of the bladder. This surgery removes the bladder entirely and all its nearby lymph nodes.
3. Intravesical therapy: In intravesical therapy, a liquid drug is put directly into the bladder via a catheter instead of injecting it or consuming it orally. The cells lining the bladder are affected without causing any harm to other body parts. This therapy is usually used after TURBT in non-invasive cases of bladder cancer to prevent recurrence.
4. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is an effective treatment for bladder cancer. Chemotherapy may be used in two ways:
- Intravesical chemotherapy, where the chemo drug is put directly into the bladder and is applicable only for early treatment stages.
- Systematic chemotherapy, which involves the injection of chemo drugs into the vein or muscle and can also be administered in the form of pills. The drug reaches all parts of the body via the bloodstream and affects all cancer cells.
5. Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure for bladder cancer involves the use of high energy radiation for killing cancer cells. It is used in early phases of treatment and is the primary remedy for people who cannot have a surgery. It is combined with chemotherapy to make the radiation effective. The most common type of radiation therapy for treating bladder cancer is called external-beam radiation therapy where radiation occurs from an outside source.
Bladder cancer is a severe form of cancer. Proper and ideal treatment is required among the several treatment methods available.
my age 22. I can not able to sleep for more time. I have black marks under my eyes. Please resolve my problem I am suffering from 1 year.
I am 24 year old female, I am having pimple problem from my teenage only but now I have deep scars which look so ugly, please ma'am let me know that can I ever have smooth skin without any marks if yes let me know what should I do.
Hi My wife aged 58 have stubborn blemishes one face. Five years and innumerable treatments of all types to regain natural color of skin have gone in vain.
How does the diode system remove hair?
A laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light. The light emitted is well absorbed by the pigment located in hair follicles. The laser pulses for a fraction of a second, just long enough to vaporize the pigment, disabling numerous follicles at a time to eliminate or significantly impede the hair growth. Skin n laser center, uses the highest technology from lumenis u. S. A, a gold standard light sheer diode laser with incomparable treatment efficacies in hair removal.
Is it painful?
The laser has a cooling tip where temp goes to 0 degree centigrade which allows significant cooling of skin before any shot of laser comes, making the procedure almost painless. During the treatment, there will be a tingling or stinging sensation, which can be tolerated. But, if you want the process to be completely painless, topical anesthetic creams are also available.
How many sessions do I need?
Number of sessions varies depending on patient's hair thickness, density and area to be treated. Eight to ten sessions are generally recommended, but few cases with patchy growth or fine hair even after ten sessions, may require treatment for longer period for maintenance.
Does it work on gray hair?
Laser energy is attracted to the melanin in our hair. The greater the amount of melanin, the better the results. White or grey hair does not contain any melanin and, therefore, does not respond to treatments.
Do I need to grow the hair for the treatment?
No, in fact we ask you to shave the area you want to be treated. Laser actually targets the anatomical structures below the skin. Surface hair actually interferes with the process.
In how long will I see the results?
You may see some changes immediately. Duration of one or two weeks will be taken for all of the hair in the treated area to fall. After that, you will experience no growth for several weeks. Therefore, you will be receiving immediate gratification, while you are moving towards a long-term goal.
Can I take treatment while I am on other medications?
The only medications that are prohibited for laser hair removal are isotretinoin and retino-a, which must be discontinued prior to treatment.
I am 35 years old, suffering from skin infections, skin irritations, allergies, rashes, applying night cream like keto, quadridrum, etc but not getting cured. Most of rashes are in my face which troubling me to shave daily. Kindly advice.
I had fissure problems and piles for last 3 month it was been cleared no bedding in last 15 -20 days but got it last night. I am totally confused what to do as I talked with one doctor at afternoon he told me I have piles. So what to do know go for operation or again medicine which I had for last 2 month. Please help.
My skin in genital organ is very dry and looking with cracks on top of the skin. Once I had fungal infection now it was cured completely. The skin is looking cracked since 2 years. Please provide a solution for this.
I have blood in my stool my 2 days and it stopped on the third day and again I have the same thing. I smoke I am from India and currently in Germany from 2 weeks and experienced it I n Germany. I don't have much pain while poo. The blood is thin and I see a good amount of blood on the tissue paper. Please advice.
Hlo. I am student and I have bed problem of lakoria. Can you suggest me any medicine or daily routine.
Hello sir, i am suffering from puffy eyelids and hollow eyes. I have already visited 50 doctors . I think no body has perfect answer. I want to know fillers or chemical peel which is a better option. I am 28 male.
Laser skin resurfacing is a cosmetic procedure which helps in rejuvenating the skin. The effects of sun, old age and some facial skin disorders are also reduced with laser skin resurfacing. This procedure is quite safe, convenient and provides effective results. The expenses for this procedure are comparatively lesser than other related cosmetic procedures.
Laser skin resurfacing is also called laser peel and helps in the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. The production of collagen and new skin cells in also stimulated. As a result of this procedure, your skin becomes smoother, younger and looks healthy.
During the procedure, a laser is used, which dissolves the molecular bonding of damaged skin cells. This is done layer by layer until the appearance of the skin gets smoother and more uniform. The damaged skin layers are peeled during this procedure.
Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to different depths, according to your requirement. All facial lines and wrinkles are improved depending upon the depth. There are different devices used for laser skin resurfacing and hence, the procedure can be divided into several types, based on the types of laser used.
Types of Lasers:
1. CO2 lasers: This device accounts for being the highest intensity laser skin resurfacing treatment. After using CO2 lasers, the skin's appearance becomes tighter and much smoother. The laser utilizes heat for the restriction of collagen bonds. CO2 lasers help in diminishing or eliminating scars, wrinkles, warts and birthmarks. CO2 lasers are used in early stages of cancer treatment.
2. Erbium lasers: These lasers are capable of removing the thin layers of the skin. These are less powerful than the CO2 lasers, but more precise. This laser skin resurfacing is carried out mostly in people with a dark complexion as the risk of permanent changes to skin pigmentation are less. The healing period is shorter, and these lasers are used for treating minimal wrinkles or lines.
3. Fraxel lasers: Fraxel laser skin resurfacing procedure is different from the other laser treatment methods. The Fraxel laser procedure is non-invasive and fewer side effects occur after the treatment. Skin tenderness and pain are not felt after the treatment. This treatment requires several sessions to be completed.
A laser skin resurfacing procedure enhances your skin's beauty and youthfulness as all facial lines or wrinkles are eliminated. The overall texture of the skin is also improved in case it becomes rough and coarse due to sun damage. The production of collagen in the lower dermis is stimulated as well. Laser skin resurfacing also removes skin growth like moles and warts.
Laser skin resurfacing is an effective cosmetic procedure for skin rejuvenation.
Note: All the wrinkles or facial lines are improved/eliminated depending upon age/depth and the type of Lasers used /indicated.