Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepam J. Shah
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepam J. ShahYour feedback matters!
I have hair loss problem from last 4_5years. Now what should I do so my problem get solve thanks in advance.
I have allergy and pimples on my body in big quantity. In what ways, I can stop this disease permanently and can I take medicine like citizen?
Sir, I have 30 lipoma in my whole body mainly in hands and in abdomen. I am taking homeopathic medicine since 2 months. But lipomas are increasing what should I do for instant relief from all lipomas.
Dear sir age 30. I work merchant navy. Every year at least work 6 month on ship. My skin problem facing. Some rashes ,rough, like white small spot coming .it is started from back side then covered whole body even face also. My skin colour became dark this time. I used soap for bath. After bathing I pressed on this spot area by finger then came out dirty .I used candid powder then skin roughness slightly solved but specially my face skin become dark this time. Pls advice me. Thanks
I have a small mole in upper lip. I want to remove it. And I also want to grow hair in it (mustache). What should I do now?
I am 23 year old male suffering from moderate back and chest acne since 3 months. There are a 30 to 50 acne present on my trunk which are increasing in number. What is the best treatment?
My hair is falling directly from the root I have flacks problem also major dandruff problem what to do now.
Hair loss, also known as baldness or alopecia, refers to the condition where you lose excess hair from part of your head. Hair loss can gradually develop over the years or can happen abruptly. This condition can affect anyone, of any age. Nevertheless, older men are more likely to suffer from hair loss problems. An estimated 65% of men experience baldness by age 60.
What are the causes of hair loss?
Ideally, people lose about 100 hairs per day, which is part of your normal hair growth cycle. This usually goes unnoticed since new hair grows in at the same time. Hair loss occurs when this cycle is disrupted- when the hair follicle is damaged, scarred or fails to generate new hair. Such a condition can be temporary or permanent.
Several factors are responsible for hair loss problems-
- Heredity or family history of alopecia
- Hormonal changes due to thyroid problems, menopause or pregnancy
- Certain medications or supplements
- Aggressive radiation therapies/chemotherapy used in cancer treatments
- An emotional/physical shock, stress
- Poor diet
Early signs of hair loss-
Early and the most commonly observed symptoms of hair loss include-
- Patchy, circular bald spots on the scalp
- Gradual thinning of hair on top of the head
- Scaly patches all over the scalp
- Loosening of hair
How does Ayurveda help treat hair loss problems?
As per Ayurveda, Pitta dosha, which is characterized by the elements of water and fire, is accountable for the functioning of hormones and the digestive system, and leads to premature greying of hair and baldness.
- Ayurveda recommends Raktamokshana therapy (also known as Leech therapy) to treat hair loss problems. Raktamokshana is a purification therapy that is performed to cleanse, detoxify the blood.
- Raktamokshana is the procedure of letting out toxic, impure blood, which is the cause of many diseases. Various types of Raktamokshana are practiced, depending on the medical condition and body type (prakriti) of each individual.
The procedure is performed in 5 different ways-
- Jalaukacharana- the prosess through which blood is let out using leeches.
- Prachanna- small incisions are made on the diseased portion using various instruments.
- Sringa- a cow’s horn is placed over the incised portion to draw out impure blood.
- Siravyadha- venous blood is drawn out from the blood stream (without any side effects) using instruments.
- Alabu- refers to the process of creating vacuum, and extracting blood through the vacuum.
Raktamokshana works as both curative as well as preventive therapy. This Ayurvedic method is a complete or partial treatment, depending on the situation.