Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hi my sons age is 10 years and weight is 25 kg my problem is he is not interesting take right quantity of food ,and even not interested to take any vegetables and fruits have tried a lot but still he is not taking the right quantity lost week he had fever for 2 days since then it's more tough to give him food ,what is the cause? and pls suggest on this.
My son is four years old and is coughing for two months aftr medicine its reduced but again gets started need some permanent cure.
My child is 7 month old. His immune power is very. He suffered from cough and cold quickly in 15 days. Please suggest me something to increase his immunity.
I have a 18 months old son. He have brain infections during birth time. Now he has no devlopment. Can you help me.
My baby is 2.5 months old. She is 70% on lactogen from past 1 month & 30% on mother milk. From past 1 month she has severe colic problem. Also she passes the stool after 3 days by use of suppository capsule. Does the lactogen difficult to digest? Can we give Nan pro? It is easy to digest than lactogen? Or Cows milk will be a good option? We have tried colimex & colicaid but no effect on colic problem.
My daughter Anusha is 54 days old. She is spilling milk out 7 to 8 times in a day. She even takes burb after every feed and is on mothers feed. What can I do and is there an issue. I have given bonnisan 5 drops in a day but no luck.
My baby weight 4 kgs and she is 3rd month baby girl. Is her weight is good or bad? Mother feeding of my baby is very low, she drink formula milk. How to increase her weight?
I gave birth a baby boy on 20th March 2016. After 7-8 days, he starts breast feeding. Now, for last 3-4 days, my nipples are paining and there are scratches and scuff. Kindly advise.
When it comes to babies and their sleeping habits, you have to understand that every baby is different and has different needs. Thus, certain things that may work for one set of parents may not necessarily work for the other. Thus, here are a few tips that will ensure that your child gets ample of undisturbed sleep and stays healthy and fit:
1. Learn to distinguish when your baby starts feeling tired: Once your child starts feeling tired, he/she will definitely show specific signs that he/she requires some sleep. Some common signs are:
a) The constant eye rubbing
c) Getting a bit fussy and cranky
Put your baby to sleep as soon as possible when he/she starts showing such signs. If your baby gets overtired, it will be all the more difficult for him to fall asleep.
2. Set a proper sleep cycle: Ensure that you set a suitable sleep cycle for your baby. Train your child to sleep during the night and play during the day. Ensure that you keep your kid busy during the day, ensuring that he/she stays awake even after a feed, so that he is tired by night time and sleeps properly all throughout the night. At night, when your child gets up for a feed, ensure that you do not turn on the lights. Instead, make sure to keep the room in semi-darkness so he/she goes back to sleep effectively.
3. Ensure that your baby is full: If your baby is hungry and has not had his fill, it will tend to disrupt his sleep. Thus, ensure that your baby is well fed before you put him to sleep. For example, if during the day you feed the child after every three hours, as evening approaches feed him every two hours. This will ensure that he is well fed before he goes to sleep.
4. Let go the burping occasionally: Babies do not avidly breastfeed at night. Thus, it is not essential that you wait for him to burp every time he feeds.
5. Give a Massage: Another way to ensure that your baby sleeps properly is to give him a good massage. A massage will help the child to relax and thus sleep better.
My baby is 2 and half year old and she is just 11 kg. she is very fussy eater and doesn't like to have anything at all. What can I do to improve her apetite and increase her weight? Please suggest!
My 2 months 15 days child baby boy is having a white patch on the stomach, armpit, chin area what could the reason be and does it vanish as he grow.
Want to know about PCV vaccination for my 2 month baby.Is it is an important vaccination? ?what is the cost?
It's about my son. According to his age my son takes a good diet. But sometimes after every meal he passes motion it's neither hard nor watery it's semi solid kind off. The quantity of motion is little. Is this normal?
My daughter body is week. She is not healthy in her age and her body colours is dull. She is looking some black colour. Whats the reason please tell. And what I do.
Why are Milk teeth important?
As milk teeth fall out, it is a common misconception that they do not matter.
The primary teeth have a number of important roles:
• Essential in the first step of digesting food: chewing, biting and grinding
• Allow good pronunciation and speech habits
• Encourage normal development of the jaw bones and muscles
• Ensure there is enough room for permanent teeth to erupt
• Help your child feel comfortable about the way he/she looks
• Guide the permanent teeth to erupt at the correct position in the dental arch since the permanent teeth grow under the milk teeth
• Also, your child's general health can be affected if diseased baby teeth aren't treated.
Remember, some milk molars are not replaced until age ten to fourteen, so they must last for years
What would happen if milk teeth are not taken care of?
Tooth decay and disease present in milk teeth can cause pain and discomfort and can easily pass on to permanent teeth as they erupt. Milk molars remain in the mouth until around 10 to 12 years of age with lots of opportunity to pass decay on to their new permanent neighbors. If it spreads to the root, an infection in a decayed milk tooth can damage the developing permanent tooth lying directly underneath. Consequently, the permanent tooth may erupt either in the wrong position or may not erupt at all i.e. it may remain embedded in the gums.
Why a Pediatric Dentist?
In the same way that paediatricians are trained to meet a child's medical needs, a paediatric dental specialist is uniquely qualified to protect your child's oral health. Paediatric dentists have an additional two to three years of training at university paediatric facilities in addition to four year of dental study. They know how to deal with the behavioural aspects of children, how to make them feel comfortable, and to make the experience pleasant. Also, they are trained and qualified to treat special needs patients. Paediatric dentists have a holistic approach of handling a child patient whereby the dental visit becomes a pleasant experience and not a nightmare. The very reason they are well versed with the psychology of the child which aids in execution of treatment effectively & efficiently simultaneously instilling a positive dental attitude in those little ones