Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak V BandolkarYour feedback matters!
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories.
1. Blocked fallopian tubes
2. One blocked and one open fallopian tube
3. Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types:
This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. He may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
2. In vitro Fertilization(IVF)
Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Use of contraceptives is really important to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Countries like China and India, facing the problem of population explosion lay more stress on the use of contraceptives. However, you must always use or take oral and barrier contraceptives following the advice of a medical practitioner unless it is absolutely necessary to go ahead without consultation. The reason behind medical assistance is your own health. Contraceptive methods do have a vast range of side effects that can result in health hazards. There are various kinds of contraceptives; each having its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Being acquainted with the side effects of some contraceptive methods can help you choose wisely in times of need.
- Possible side-effects of using condoms: Some men are allergic to latex. Using condoms can lead to heightened sensitivity. It can also lead to rashes in your genitals. Condoms are not foolproof. They do not provide total protection against sexually transmitted infections, HPV or against Syphilis and Herpes. These diseases can be contracted by coming in contact with genital skin that is not covered by a condom.
- Possible side-effects of a Contraceptive Film: A contraceptive film might act as an interruption in your sexual activities if it is not placed properly, that is to say it must come in contact with the cervix to be effective. Using the film nonoxynol- very frequently can make you susceptible to life threatening diseases like HIV and other STIs.
- Possible side-effects of a Cervical Cap: A cervical cap has to be inserted by a clinician and requires immense care to be fitted in later. Some of its side - effects can be of serious concern. If it is left inside for more than forty eight hours, it can result in toxic shock syndrome. Toxic shock syndrome is an infection that mars your overall health. It is also known to increase the chances of inflammation of the surface of your cervix.
- Possible side-effects of Progestin only pills: Progestin only pills or mini pills can subject you to long- lasting depression. It can make you feel bloated and can actually increase your weight to a great extent if used on a regular basis. Minipills lead to irregularities in your menstrual cycle and might also make bleeding during menstruation scanty.
- Possible side-effects of combined oral contraceptives: If this is your first month on combined oral contraceptives, you might feel nauseous and they can give you a terrible headache. Women taking these pills have a higher chance of developing cervical dysplasia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
On 27 august, 2016 we had sexual intercourse from next day till today she has stomach pain. If she walks she gets more pain in the stomach. Why is she getting pain?
I have been having unstable bleeding for 4 weeks now after I have undergone medical abortion. Now I have bloated uterus and fluctuation in body temperature time to time and day to day. I doubt my abortion is complete and if I need further medication.
I have pain in the left breast and done sonography of left breast and seen there hypoechoic node position measure 2.3 x 1.5 cms in the left axilla measuring 11 x4 mm. Fibroadenoma is obsevered. Please doctor suggest what is resolution to solve this.
Hi i am 22 year old girl. Yesterday I had sex with my boyfriend after sex my vagina is bleeding still. Severe pain there inside my vagina. He didnt use condom. I lost my virginity one month ago. Whats the problem behind this issue.
I am 22 years old. I have a problem of irregular period. How to get rid of that problem. Give some suggestions for my problem.
Sex in pregnancy is generally safe if the couple keeps a few things in mind.
1. Sex in the first trimester or first 3 months is usually avoided, as it is an important time of pregnancy.
2. From 4th month onwards, sex is generally safe.
3. The frequency, position etc. depends upon the patient's comfort levels. There are no fixed rules.
4. In the last month, sex is thought to increase chances of spontaneously going into labor.
5. Physical intimacy must definitely be avoided in certain situations, bleeding or pain during pregnancy, an increased risk of premature labor pains, rupture of membranes and leaking, previous bad obstetric history etc. In the case of doubt, consult with your doctor.
Actually my girlfriend had her periods at 25th Nov. Then we had unprotected sex accidentally on 21st dec and had to take unwanted 72 right after that. Then she had withdrawal bleeding on 26th Dec. Then again as it was her bday so we were drunk and had sex unprotected on 10th Jan and took the same pill right after sex. I know this is not right taking such huge dose of hormones please let me know how can I make sure the pill has worked and we are out of these as we have to concentrate on our studies too.
I am 18 year old female and my boy friend and I were committed nt totally bt he just touched his upper part of his penis where sperms exit and by mistake he just touched my labium majora, labium minora, vaginal opening so is there any chances for pregnancy entering sperms into my body through dis indirect touch of sperms to my sex part bt widen an hour I consumed mpill tablet. Will dis help? 10 days have passed crossing my date for periods and still I don't find any sign of periods I am getting scared is this happening because of the m pill due to dis m pillar there chances of missing my periods and den normal after 1 month or am I pregnant. Do I need to take a pregnancy test?
PCOD is the common condition seen now a days in female.
The common age group people affected by pcod is 14-40 yrs
The main reason for the PCOD is hormonal imbalance.
1. irregular periods
2. painful periods
3. hair growth
5, hair fall
Homeopathy will cure the PCOD ate very short duration. By the homeopathy treatment the hormonal imbalance can be prevented and treated.
For heat boils and digestion, take one tablespoon of curd and mix in 1 litre of water skim properly then filter this buttermilk, pour in vessel, cut a medium sized onion and soak for half an hour to one hour in butter milk and drink the butter milk for 2-3 times in a day.
There are multiple intramural posterior wall uterine fibroids largest 13×14 mm 14×9 mm 13×13 mm in the fundus the cervix is male bulky measures 3.2 cm.
I'm 34years old working with a bank. I have two kids aged 7years and 1yr. I was on ocp after first delivery and now on depo shots. I had gestational diabetes and pih during pregnancies controlled by diet and medicine respectively. My husband is in USA, gone after our second kid was born. I've gone there on vacation once and now he's here on vacation. I'm still breastfeeding my 1years old. My problem is I'm not feeling sexually aroused or feeling for having sex. I feel like sleeping instead or just cuddle with my husband. He's all for romance and physical relationship when I'm not feeling so. Even foreplay doesn't affect me. I'm so much regretting this. But I'm not sure breastfeeding or depo shots who is the culprit. I need help finding the problem.
I have 25 days cycle. My periods last for 4 days. I suffer heavy bleeding on 2nd and 3rd day. As a result my whole body pains particularly legs and I feel helpless to do even simple household jobs. What type of food should I take to overcome this situation ?
Cupping therapy is an effective treatment for many diseases. This case puts some light on the effectiveness of cupping therapy to treat psoriasis. This case demonstrates the efficacy of cupping therapy in treating psoriasis. However, more research and trials are needed to fully elucidate the effectiveness of this therapy for all types of psoriasis with varying degrees of severity.
Hello. I am 22 year old. I have not come in contact with my partner's sperm but attempted to have sex. (6th april) I usually get regular periods and my date for this month is 24th but so far I have not got it. Im worried because usually my periods come 3-4 days earlier. I dont wish to get pregnant. Kindly help me. Thanks
It is a very good source of vitamin k.
It contains a good amt. Of alpha lipoic acid (antioxidants) which decreases blood glucose levels in diabetic patients.
We can consume spinach in many ways. Spinach salad is rich in nutrition & provides adequate amounts of fibre & essential vitamins to the body.
Boiled spinach is good for skin & hair. It provides vitamin a to the body.
Spinach can be cooked with lentils (dal) to make a high protein tasty dish.
Spinach soup is also very healthy. It is easy to digest & keeps your digestion healthy. It is very good for constipation & for post op. Patients.
Caution- it should be washed properly before use. In monsoon it is better to avoid spinach.