Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak ParikYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of sore throat, feeling like fever, but though fever is not there, blocked nose and slight head pain.This happen most of the time during the year I live in city of mumbai Please advise what precations should i take to avoid such conditions. What foods should i take and which foods to avoid Any other advise and medication to get relief from this constant problem?
My mother is 60 years old and every time in changing season she got throat infection and had to take antibiotic course, kindly advise some solution to increase immunity. She is hypertension and takes amodep 5 mg daily.
My tonsils are mostly enlarged often take Montek LC tab which also helps in sneezing fits is there some other treatment what could be the reason I was once treated after that my tonsils gave me problem.please help
Discharge from left ear ->5 years Discharge from right ear ->1 years Hole ,tinnitus Nellie pain NB allergy to cold weather no espo HTN Ear :- Discharge Nose:- B/l HIT please anyone explain me my report means ?
I am suffering from blocked nose due to nasal polyps in left nose from last 6 month. In night nose is block. And throat mai kharash bhi ho jati hai. I use homeopathic medicine & nasal drop nasivion moist. But daily use of nasivion moist is not good asked by doctor. Please suggest medicine. My age is 40 year &
My uncle has a severe pain in a artery / vein from approx 5-7 years. The pain starts from the top of the head tll end thumb of leg. And just the right side only. Hand also pains. He has a EAR problem too. Doctor said its problem of neuro some says problem of ENT. He also has high diabetes, sugar and B. P. please HELP.
I am 56 year old lady in india. Oweight-80 kg for 5'4' height. Sleep for 7 hrs, eat healthy, slightly stressed. Every 15 days to one moth I have cold and sore throat. I take azithral and become fine. I catch flue from anybody passing close to me. I breath through my mouth. What do I do to prevent frequent flue and today temp is 99. 8f.
Presently I am suffering from sinus cold ,nose is blocked. I don't know why my ears get blocked both side and this happens to me first time. What should I do now?
I have problem in my nose. It is often dry but just one part (right) is showing issues. It bleeds sometimes and I have difficulty in breathing from right part. My nose was very weak from the childhood. My nose used to bleed even after a gentle punch on it. I hope this aint so serious. Looking forward for your reply. Thankyou.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.