Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak DesaiYour feedback matters!
Good evening sir. My skin colour is black can you suggest me any. Cream to become fair.. And what should I eat or drink for fairer skin.
Acne scars look bad and often interfere with your bright looks, as they make you feel embarrassed and unfresh. You use more makeup to cover them or avoid going out in order to hide them. However, instead of hiding your face or the scars, you may try these treatment options to remove the scars instead and feel brighter and better.
- Chemical peels: This method involves the application of a chemical peel on the skin. The acid in it removes the superficial skin layer to improve the appearance of the scar. This works well on lighter scars, and a licensed medical practitioner, nurse or cosmetologist can do this procedure.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: This technique involves using a high-speed brush on the skin to polish the portion of the scar and make that part of the skin even, so that the scar looks lighter. If your skin doctor feels that you don't need serious dermabrasion, then he may use a microdermabrasion where small crystals are sprayed onto the skin surface to remove the skin cells over the scar and improve appearance.
- Fillers: Fillers are used on the skin which gets depressed due to the acne or scars. There are some binding materials like collagen or Hyaluronic acid, which can be injected through an injection, and this keeps the skin smooth, scar free and elevated for some time after which the injection has to be repeated. This has to be a continuous treatment until your skin starts to appear normal again.
- Retinoid creams: The retinoid creams are especially beneficial on scars if applied patiently for a prolonged period. These creams come with little side effects like burning, drying or peeling of the skin, but over a medium to long-term application, all scars do get removed.
- Laser treatment: A combination of a few types of laser treatments or just one type depending on the acne stage or redness is used. This smoothens the skin and removes the acne scars by removing skin cells from the area.
- Punch Excisions and Skin grafting: This is a surgical technique. The acne scar can be removed by cutting a portion of the skin, and removing it. Normally, this procedure is combined with skin grafting, where the hole created by the acne is filled up either through stitches, or through grafting of the skin. This is actually the most invasive process to remove scars and only done when you have a serious, permanent and stubborn scar which can't be effectively removed by other techniques. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have dark patches in my face between ear and eyes. What can I do for this? And is onion helpful in treating hair loss?
How to remove warts permanently? They reappear in 1 year after being removed by heat treatment. Many near neck and underarms.
Sir please tell me that how can I protect my face from the sun shine, because as the summer started my face turned into black and dark please guide me in a right path.
Hello doctor! I wana know about herpes disease! my husband tells me that m suffering from herpes. But I do not find any symptoms of that in me! he gets cuts and itching on his genitals after sex! Some years back I use to feel itching and burning down there but not now! so please tell me how to know if he's suffering or I? I am worried. Is there any test for this through which we may know the problem. Please tell me.
I am 25 years old guy I have dark circles under the eyes. I sleep 7 hours a day but the dark circles does not gone. What is the best homeopathic medicine for this dark circle condition?
Hi. I have skin problem from long time because of wilding smoke work. Knw From five year marketing field work doing sun effect my skin thick black. Which medicines is best for fair and glow. My blood group o'psitive become because of previous work I think so effect. Regards skin problem help. My financial condition is bad so I am com online. Thanks.
I am having a very sensitive skin. Its becoming too tan and fading immediately. Please suggest me to reduce my tan. And to improve my color complexion. Thank you in advance.
I am 50 yrs old male. My skin is very dry & too much scaly. Palms are like hard rock. What should I do?
I have white patches on my body parts for last 10 years. I take medicines for 5 years, but there is no Chang is any cure for this doses.
I'm 19, femaleI've experienced anal bleeding twice in the last 1 and a half month, from yesterday there is itching and slight pain in the anus. I do get lower back pain frequently when I do some work. I also experience frequent sudden stomach aches for 2-3 months and also mostly I suffer from persistent constipation no matter if I eat much or not from 2-3 months and sometimes diarrhea.
I am 30 years old and I am suffering from prostate gland pain can you suggest any doctor whom to see Sir, I have few symptoms like pain while traveling in bike, while standing for long time, its paining while ejection while intercourse, main symptoms is when I go to motion transparent white color jelly type thing is discharged, when the pain is high urination also stuff whenever I take any antibiotic like meftal spas are dolo next day there is no pain. Please help.
I am 21 years old my cheeks was chubby when I was young but now a days cheeks are shrinking in to the mouth. I do not smoke in my life what is the problem.
I have so much black dots around my nose and it really makes me weird to go out pls suggest me the best medicines for that.
What food can prevent me from tanning? When I step out from home I immediately got tann so please suggest me what should I do?
Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition characterized by dark patches, occurring mainly due to excessive melanin (a skin pigment) production. This form of skin condition is not specific to any particular age group or category of people, but it is more commonly observed among people of Mediterranean, Asian, Latin, or African origin. Also, any part of your body including hands, face and neck can be affected by this condition.
Here are some of the most common factors that can cause skin hyperpigmentation.
- Sun exposure: If your skin is exposed to sunlight for a long period of time, it can result in hyperpigmentation. It happens due to the inflammation of the skin caused by the action of UV rays present in sunlight. This skin inflammation plays a significant role in activating melanocytes (skin cells that generate melanin), giving you dark patches of skin.
- Hormonal changes: Triggered by the consumption of a pill or pregnancy, hormonal changes in your body are also responsible for stimulating growth of melanin. This disturbance in the chemical balance of your body causes hyperpigmentation in the form of ‘melasma’ (a common skin condition characterised by grey-brown patches on skin surface).
- Specific drugs: Sometimes hyperpigmentation is drug-induced and happens due to the effect of certain medications like antibiotics, anti-seizure drugs, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) and hormone treatments. This mainly happens due to the reaction of these drugs with melanin resulting in the formation of a drug-pigment complex that leaves dark patches on the skin.
- Heredity: In some cases, you can get hyperpigmentation if you have a prevailing family history of the disease. This skin condition is sometimes carried by the genes onto the next generation.
- Acne: It often happens that acne leaves back scars in the form of dark spots after healing. These dark spots are most commonly termed as Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH). They occur as your skin produces excessive melanin in response to the skin infection.
- Excessive use of chemical products: Exposing your skin to harsh chemicals, present mostly in chemical products like hair removing creams, wax etc. can result in skin inflammation resulting in Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.