Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Bharthi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak BharthiYour feedback matters!
Dark or light colour patches on the skin are a constant embarrassment and definitely a beauty issue. Such pigmentation of the skin is generally caused by exposure to sunlight, allergies or even heredity.
However, these can be reduced considerably with the help of these natural remedies:
1. Potato Power - Potatoes are great for skin pigmentation issues like dark circles, dark patches and even melasma – the brown or greyish brown patches that appear on nose, forehead, cheeks or other areas exposed to the sun.
Grate a medium sized potato, squeeze its juice and apply it on the affected areas. Rinse after half an hour. Use regularly to get desired results.
2. Fruity Bleach - Banana has skin lightening properties. You can also add papaya, if available, to get a great fruity bleach that will help to get rid of all types of skin pigmentation.
Mix the pulp of both these fruits and apply on the face. Rinse after 15-20 minutes to get a glowing skin.
3. Amazing Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera gel has natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that rejuvenate the skin and help to produce new cells. As a result, when applied on the dark spots, they disappear with regular use leaving behind refreshed and rejuvenated healthy skin.
Mix thoroughly ½ a tsp of honey with 2 table spoons of aloe vera gel and apply on the affected area. Wait for some time before washing it off to get amazing results.
4. Sandal Wood Secret - Sandal wood purifies the blood and also works as a skin tonic. It also offers protection from sunlight and UV rays.
Mix equal quantities of sandalwood powder and rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply on the affected areas and wash after 30 minutes to get soft, rejuvenated skin.
5. Wonders of Cucumber - Cucumber is a skin rejuvenator and combined with lemon, it works wonders to lighten up the skin.
Extract some cucumber juice and mix with lemon juice. Apply on the skin and rinse after some time. You can use each of them separately too, they are even effective on their own.
6. Awesome Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple Cider Vinegar contains alpha-hydroxy acid that gently exfoliates the skin to bring out fresh, younger looking skin.
Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar with water and apply on the dark or light patches on the skin. Wash off after some time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
what medicine should take for enlarge prostate. I have to go to loo 3/4 times at night. Somebody suggested Himplasia which is ayurvedic treatment .Should I take it? Pl advice. RI am 75 years old and do not want to get it operated.
I have white spot on my face and my face skin is also so rusty I use dove for fash wash what I do for better face?
My both legs have itching. Like fungal infection (Daad type). both legs and penis. I am very irritated to my itching problem. Please suggest me better advise. I have been also used 1Al tablet.
I am 23 years old male, due to pimples my skin became reddish and some black marks on my face. How to remove those.
Hai I am Krishna my age 22 I am facing skin problems like pimples, dull skin and oil face. please give solutions for my skin problems.
I feel weakness whenever I get up from bed after so long. Is it normal or should I have some medicine. Many a times its pitch dark in front of my eyes. What to do. Pls help me.
My skin is oily type so in that washing my face with clean and clear face wash is good? Can this face wash make my skin attractive and glowing.
I am 26 years old having good health and wheatish skin tone but my forehead looks unusual blackish in colour which looks very ugly please suggest me any cream or any best solution for this.
Kidneys play an important metabolic role and are essential for balancing salt, minerals and water in the body. They also play a significant role in removing waste products from the body. They make urine, which contains all the waste materials that are eliminated from the body. They also play an important role in blood pressure regulation and in maintaining the balance of various minerals in the body. Any suspected kidney damage should be confirmed by a kidney biopsy, which will reveal the exact disease, thereby directing towards the appropriate treatment.
Why and when is it done?
A renal or kidney biopsy is done in the following situations:
- When there is abnormal protein in the blood or urine, which is indicative of a kidney disease, and the exact cause needs to be found out
- When kidney failure is suggested by blood tests but cause is not clear
- To find the cause of bleeding in the urine (haematuria)
- To identify and/or confirm diagnosis after a CT scan or ultrasound
- To check how well a transplanted kidney has been received
Know about the procedure
A renal biopsy is mostly done as an outpatient procedure and is a type of biopsy known as percutaneous biopsy (biopsy where a needle is inserted through the skin into the renal tissue). Very rarely, it may be combined with the CT scan or ultrasound and be done in the radiology department. This may be done on inpatients. The patient is made to lie on his/her back and a local anesthetic is used on the area of the injection. A thin, long needle is directed towards the area of the kidney from where some kidney tissue is removed for sampling.
In some cases, the direction of the needle may be decided by a CT scan or ultrasound. While this is a closed biopsy procedure, in some cases, as a part of the surgery, open biopsies may also be obtained, where a sample of tissue is extracted for analysis.
Recovering from a biopsy
The person would need some time to recover from the procedure, as there would be some discomfort at the site of a needle insertion. Vital signs would be monitored for the next couple of hours during which the person would also be monitored for internal bleeding. A pain reliever can be used if required. Haematuria or blood-tinged urine can be seen disappearing within the next 12 hours. Very rarely the bleeding can be severe and require angiography and further procedures. The person should also avoid strenuous activities for the next few days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.