Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I want to get ride of my eye glasses I have 1 number in 1 eye . And I want to be more glowing skin and I want to get ride of pimple and dark spot please help me all this in 15 days you are a genuine please help me.
I have many black spots on my face. In my childhood I suffered from chicken poks. That's y I have spots. How can I clean these spots.
Blisters can be a very major inconvenience. Though it seems to be a good idea to pop a blister yourself as it can otherwise cause distraction or may be uncomfortable and unsightly, puncturing it often does more harm than good. Here are a few ways mentioned about how to treat blisters. Read on more to find out all about it.
1. For a Blister which has not popped
a) Try not to pop the blister as the pus if spread can affect other areas
b) Leave the blister uncovered or cover it with a loose bandage
c) Avoid putting pressure on the area of the blister. If the blister has appeared in areas where applying pressure is unavoidable like for example at the bottom of the foot, put mole skin around the blister in a circular fashion such that the mole skin gets the shape of a donut.
2. For a blister which has been popped
a) Wash the area where the blister appeared gently with warm water. Apply gentle soap in the area as well to disinfect the region. Do not by any chance use alcohol, hydrogen peroxide or iodine in the area as it would cause complications.
b) Smooth down the skin flap which remains after the blister pops.
c) Apply antibiotic ointment in the affected area to prevent infections
d) Cover the region loosely with help of a sterile bandage or gauge.
3. When to drain a blister
a) For blisters which are painful, large or in awkward spots, it is better to drain them. Be careful and cautious while draining the blister and follow the below mentioned tips.
b) Wash the area where the blister has appeared.
c) Take a needle and sterilize it with alcohol and water.
d) Make an incision at the edge of the blister and carefully squeeze out the pus.
e) Wash the blister again and pat dry. Do not remove the skin flap which remains there after draining.
f) Smoothen the skin flap and apply antibiotic ointment in the region.
g) Wrap it up with a loose sterile bandage or gauge.
4. Follow up
a) Change the bandage on a regular basis, whenever it is wet or dirty.
b) Consult a doctor immediately if signs of infections like red streaks around the affected region, fever, or accumulation of more pus occur.
However, for blisters which have formed due to spider bites, chicken pox or such consult a doctor first.
Melasma, commonly known as skin pigmentation, is a skin disorder, which causes brown and blotchy spots on your face. Everybody craves to have spotless and flawless skin. But usually no one does anything about it. Contrary to popular belief, having perfect skin is not really difficult. You need to religiously follow your skincare regime to keep it healthy and flawless. In case you are suffering from melasma or have skin pigmentation,
Here are a few tips which you can follow:
- Apply raw potato on your face: Take a clean and fresh potato. Cut it into two halves and wet the exposed surface with a little water. Rub this on all the affected regions on the face and wash your face after 10 to 15 minutes with lukewarm water. Potatoes are extremely effective in removing pigmentation as they have an enzyme called catecholase, which can help to lighten darkened areas on the skin.
- Use apple cider vinegar on your skin: Apple cider vinegar helps to restore the natural color of the skin. It also contains beta-carotene, which helps to treat the damage done to the skin by the atmosphere's free radicals. In fact, one of the famous qualities of apple cider vinegar is to make the skin supple and bright.
- Apply aloe vera on your skin: Regular usage of aloe vera on the skin is one of the best and most effective remedies for skin pigmentation. Aloe vera can help clean the skin without harming the natural balance of the skin, as it has marvelous cleansing properties. It helps to reduce spots on your face, and also provides protection against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- A sandalwood pack can also work wonders: Sandalwood acts, both as a stimulant as well as a blood purifier. These two properties of sandalwood help it to treat skin pigmentation. Make a pack using sandalwood and rosewater and apply it to your face at least twice a day to get rid of the pigmentation. Sandalwood is also one of the major ingredients for a sunscreen as it can protect the skin from the harmful UV rays.
- Keep an eye on what you eat: Your diet plays a very crucial part when it comes to the wellbeing of your skin. Make sure that you add a lot of green leafy vegetables and foods rich in Vitamin A and C to maintain your healthy skin. Drink lots of water and eat a lot of fruits in order to keep your skin hydrated. This will also detoxify your body.
Follow the above tips and ensure yourself a spotlessly beautiful skin.