Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepa Patrawala
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa PatrawalaYour feedback matters!
Reduce the Risk:
Diabetics can take a few measured steps which can reduce the risk of suffering a stroke.
- Control extra weight. High abdominal fat leads to an increased production of bad cholesterol, which saturates the blood vessels. This blood gets deposited on the inside of the blood vessels; thus leading to an increased risk of forming blood clots in the body. On the other hand, HDL (good) cholesterol works to remove deposits from your blood vessels. So, maintaining good cholesterol is important to reduce your risk of a stroke.
- Follow a heart-friendly diet at home. Some simple steps at home can help you achieve this goal. Make an attempt to control your bad cholesterol with a high intake of fibre-rich foods. There are many daily consumption food items which are a rich source of fibre. Oats, whole-grain breads, including your whole-grain flours and cereals, peas, fruits, and vegetables will increase your routine dose of fibre. Take small steps to gradually increase the amount of fibre in your digestive system.
- Quit smoking. Smoking can prove hazardous for people with diabetes. It leads to further clogging of arteries by narrowing down the blood vessel. Consult a doctor to help you quit smoking if you are a chain smoker.
- Stay fit, healthy, and hearty. Exercise regularly to pump more blood. The ideal LDL level is less than 100 mg/dl.
- Drink responsibly. Limit the amount of alcoholone drink per day for women and two drinks a day for men. Continuously monitor your blood pressure, and take the doctor’s advice to keep it under control if it’s high.
- Say no to saturated fats. They raise your cholesterol level. Saturated fats are most commonly found in meats, butter, fatty dairy products, food cooked in coconut or palm oil. Consult a dietician to monitor your daily intake of saturated fat. Also, don’t binge on fast food as they are high in saturated and trans-fats. Also, restrict your appetite of cookies, snack foods, fried foods, baked goods and popcorn, as they are a source of increasing cholesterol level in the body.
- Regularly consult your doctor. You need to stay in touch with your doctor regularly to monitor your diet and other lifestyle aspects too. Insulin and other diabetes medications and pre-medications for a diabetic and are important to control your blood sugar levels. However, the effectiveness of these medicines hugely depends on the timing and size of the dose. A regular medical checkup is recommended to avoid any abnormality. Also, other medicines you take to treat conditions other than diabetes may affect your blood sugar level.
Hello, If a girl takes first time ipill after 22 hours timing 1: 00 pm than she takes allegra 120 next day in evening at 7:00 pm continuing three days due to certain skin allergy. So does it affect the reaction of ipill? Ipill would work? When will periods come?
I have pcos and this month I saw blood clots in 13 day of cycle. Does that mean I am ovulating or does it mean anything serious. Please help. I am trying to conceive. This month I did not notice anything egg white or clean discharge.Please suggest something.
I am done pregnancy test at home. My last periods date is 8 july 2018. I do not baby due to some finicail problem. Plzz suggest me best treatment for abortion in ayurveda. As soon as possible. I shall be very thankful for this.
Am having chest pain for last two days. Its like penetrating pain. I also got periods at the same time. Is that periods induced chest pain? Not that much pain its a bearable pain for less than 2 min.
Hello doctor I want to knw about twins pregnancy I wish to have twins baby's Is it possible? Is there any treatment for it?
I am a 20 years girl my boy friend have sex with me often & he licks my vagina daily & sucks my milk so will it cause any harm to me in future?
Is it normal to have light bleeding in early stage of pregnancy or is it any serious matter to have such situation.
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
One should also avoid stretching for an insufficient length of time. Only a few seconds of stretching will not hold the therapeutic effects of stretching.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.