Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa GupteYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor am having sex with my husband yesterday but even took loette contraceptive pill yesterday night. Is this enough to prevent pregnancy or else have to take regularly that means daily?
My precum touched my Girlfriend's vagina yesterday afternoon, but we did not get involved in coitus. She was on her Periods. Since that incident she hasn't bled much yet just a few drops, which is abnormal for her for Day 4 of her periods. We're very concerned and have no intention to have a baby now. Is there any chance she's pregnant now or might get because of that incident? Should she take an emergency contraceptive pill just in case? If she's not pregnant what might be the reason for her bleeding to stop after 2 days of periods? This is very abnormal for her.
I am 21 year old female, I am a pregnant of 1 month, I don't want this pregnancy, please tell me what medicines should I take to remove my pregnancy? What fruits should I take to remove pregnancy.
This is my second month carrying, am getting pain at Anal, Please suggest me the medicine, am worrying any medicine or pain killer may effect my pregnancy. Thanks.
Doctor, I made an unprotected sex with my girlfriend during the second last day of her period. "But I didn't ejaculated. During that time she had consumed pills to due the periods. Next day after sex she was menstruated. That was her last period. After that last periods, she is not getting menstruated. 10 days of delay happened till this date. I'm afraid of pregnancy due to pre ejaculation. Can you please clarify my doubt? Is there any chance of pregnancy? How can it be tested with homemade method? Could please give a CLEAR answer. Please.
Allergic reactions are the body’s way of responding to foreign substances. The body recognizes these substances (be it food, pollens, insect bites, etc.) as antigens and produces antibodies. These antibodies can cause various reactions depending on the severity of the allergen, be it skin rash, hives, or angioedema. In severe cases, there could be swelling of the tongue and the respiratory tract, leading to choking of the airways.
Literally, angioedema means swelling of the blood vessels. These are located in the underlying layers of the skin and their swelling can lead to formation of giant hives, which can be extremely itchy, reddish, and oval or circular in shape. The affected area I usually warm and painful to touch.
Angioedema is caused due to the following:
Food allergies including eggs, peanuts, shellfish, milk, tree nuts, chocolates, etc.
Insect bites or stings
Pollen, latex, animal dander, poison ivy, and other common allergens
Medications like aspirin, penicillin, ibuprofen, and some blood pressure medicines
In response to blood transfusions
Auto-immune disorders like lupus
Conditions like leukemia and thyroid disorders
Infections like hepatitis, cytomegalovirus infections, Epstein-Barr infections, etc.
Weather conditions like extremes of cold, heat, or pressure
Extreme emotional stress
Genetic angioedema, passed on from parents to children, which could last forever
While hives usually develop without any warning, the following condition puts a person at risk of developing angioedema.
Predisposition to allergic reactions (highly active immune system)
Previous history of allergies
Genetic history of allergies or angioedema
Most angioedema cases are limited to the skin and hives, but there could be severe cases leading to respiratory distress.
If it is the first instance of hives, the doctor would ask detailed questions about similar occurrence in the past. They would also check if there are similar hives on other parts of the body like the back, which you may have missed. If required, this examination is followed by allergy testing and blood testing. The allergy testing will help identify if you are allergic to some of the common things which cause allergy. The blood test will look for your eosinophil count, which is usually high in people prone to allergies. C1 esterase inhibitor test and complement particles also can be checked, if there is suspicion of genetic angioedema.
This would depend on the severity of symptoms
- In case of angioedema, admission in hospital may be needed.
- Tracheostomy may also become essential to save patients life.
- Vigorous therapy with intravenous medications like steroid, antihistamines and others may be needed.
- Under medical treatment, antihistamines like cetirizine and loratadine are prescribed. However, severe cases may require steroids like prednisolone.
Once you know what caused it, avoid exposure to these substances and further attacks can be prevented. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
There is an age old saying that drinking water during meals will disturb your digestion and dilute stomach juices. Advice, that floats around generally, states that you should have water at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal. Studies have been carried out on this subject to find out how true or false these claims are.
- Levels of stomach acid: The claim is that if you drink water during the meal it will dilute the stomach acids, which are required to break the food down. However, doctors have stated in clinical trials that water doesn't tend to have any effect on the levels of stomach acid at all.
- Stomach and digestion process differs from person to person: This might be a thing of personal choice as habits differ from person to person. Also what is tolerable for one person may not be to another. It usually comes down to how your digestive system reacts to drinking water. Some people have claimed that drinking water while consuming food can make them feel bloated. There are no scientific studies proving this and it could be a psychological effect as well.
- Other side of the story drinking water can fill up your stomach before or during a meal: While drinking water may not have adverse effects on digestion, it can fill up the stomach by volume and decrease appetite. Doctors will also suggest drinking a good amount of water just before a meal if you are trying to lose weight as it can suppress your appetite.
Proved pros of drinking water:
Most clinical trials and studies by doctors have proven that drinking small to moderate amounts of water during the meals will help your digestion rather than impeding it.
Some of the advantages are:
- Liquefies food in the stomach
- Helps in nutrient absorption
- Prevents constipation
- Stop bloating
- Softens stool
- Ensures Lubrication of the digestive tract
- Helps you control your hunger signals and thus can help you in losing weight
Thus it can be summarized that drinking water during meals is a personal choice and doesn't really have any adverse effects. In fact, drinking moderate amounts of water when having food may actually be beneficial for you. However, if you are not comfortable with this and would prefer drinking after meals, as long as your digestive system is adjusted to it, there are no adverse effects to this as well.
Sonf - 100 gm
Isabgol - 100 gm
Cardamom (small) - 100 gm
Mix all well with sugar (300 gm)- store this granulated powder well.
Consume 10 gm in morning before breakfast with lukewarm water.
Repeat 10 gm at night after meals with lukewarm water.
My 10 weeks pregnant. She have UTI. For that her gyn. doctor prescribed cefuroxime axetil 500 mg 2 times for a day. Is this safe for mother and baby?
Sir , I want to know about pregnancy. If a boy put his penis into a girl's vagina and he just masturbate inside the vagina and he just pull out his penis before his sperm comes so is their any possibilities for a girl to get pregnant. ? Reply me.
Calcium Defiency in women
Diet is a well balanced food combination which should be tailored according to personal needs and as circumstances changes specially. The wrong food can fail to nourish us, can keep us awake at night, make us sluggish and overweight or tense us up;
Major points to be kept in mind to plan our diet are:
- Personal Needs.
- Stages of our life.
- Genetic and temperament conditions.
- Clinical condition.
- Personal needs are likes, dislikes and your time availability
- Stages of our life we are in is very important as age plays a major role. So, supplement and manipulation of food group depends on our age.
There are many health problems those arise because of lifestyle we follow:
- Posture-related problems.
- Mental health disorders, like depression and anxiety.
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Abnormal heart beats.
- Menstrual problems.
- Acne and other skin problems.
Common deficiencies noted in women are:
Vegetarian and non - vegetarian diet have their unique role in maintaining bone mineral metabolism of body.
- Calcium Deficiency in women makes entire matrix of the bone week, therefore keeping check of calcium in our diet can prevent women from osteoporosis in later ages after menopause. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body, with over 99% of the amount present is being found in the bones and teeth. After the age of 35, both men and women start losing calcium from their bones. During menopause, however, the rate of loss increases rapidly for women. It also has a role to play in nerve function, blood clotting, muscle health, and other areas.
- Source of calcium
- Seeds-sesame ,sunflower , cheese
- Soya bean and their products
- Sources of protein: like fish, meat, Poultry, eggs are also important.
- Source of vitamin-D: Vitamin D can be obtained from sun exposure, food like eggs, mushrooms, orange and fish.
- Source of Phosphorus: Phosphorus is found in high amounts in protein rich foods such as milk and milk products and meat and alternatives, such as beans, lentils, nuts, Sunflower Seeds and Broccoli.
Common menstrual problems faced by women are cramps, pcod, menorrhagia, and amenorrhea.
Certain foods like caffeine, alcohol, caffeinated tea and high salt diets increases intensity of cramps. Include 'Ca' rich foods like broccoli, low fat yoghurt, high fiber diets and omega-3 rich foods to help you during your menstrual cycle.
Working women should Try to include energy booster snacks like nuts for mid meals and plan carbohydrate rich diets with more of complex carbs in form of roasted grains and cereals bars. Keeping a check on amount of water intake is also very important. Replace caffeinated drinks with herbal infusion and buttermilk for detoxification of the body.
Ultimately we have to overcome the fatigue, lethargy and all the clinical condition by planning our meals and having a well balanced diet for a healthy body.