Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa G BhandarkarYour feedback matters!
I have 4 month old baby unhappy always has colic always want to be held has reflux too he is on Rantac twice and ondem syrup thrice a day some time happy when held otherwise fussy even when held don't like to play on own, and hate to lay down flat even for nappy change what to do please help.
My daughter is of 2.5 years old in day time her health is okay but during night she is having cough a lot what should I do?
I and my wife ate food licked by a dog by accidentally. Do we need to get vaccination? Over the internet I read : "The rabies virus is present in the saliva of an infected animal and is usually transmitted by a bite. Rabies may also be transmitted if infectious material (such as saliva) of the infected animal enters a wound or mucous membrane such as the eyes, nose or mouth. Here it says that it may also get transmitted by infectious material (such as saliva), enters wound, eyes, nose or mouth, that's why I am a bit worried here.
Is it possible for my 9 month old kid to loose 500mg of weight in 1 month. She weighed arround 8.2 kgs one month back now she is 7.5 kg. She is active in all aspects crawls, giggles, baby talks, but is very fussy about eating. We struggle to make her feed. Hence we are worried. She passes stool almost everyday and urination is fine. Is this loss of weight normal.
Hi, M asking about my small baby boy he is 7 month old. He is crying too much as compare to daily .since last 1 week. Before that he was normal play and laughing but since last week he cry too much and not playing as before. He doing watery potty also. What was been happened. please suggest me any thing. Few old ppls told me teeth are coming in this age so he is crying. Can you please tell me is it right what should I do. I just giving him pinco gripe water. Nothing else and breastfeeding, biscuits little more.
My son who is 3 years old having cough from 2 days. Used Asthakind 5 ml twice per day. Given budesal 0.5 mg nebulizer also twice per day. Still cough is coming regularly. Which medicine I have to use now? Please suggest.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher level of blood sugar in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is that it does not completely go away and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attack, stroke, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar level has to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks – one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies which have proven to be very effective against diabetes:
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.
Hi Sir, mere bacha abhi 10 din ka hua hai or use loose motion ho gye hai or pet mei bhi dard rahta hai. Kya kerna chahiye? Please advise.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!