Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Am breastfeeding mom to 2.6 years son. Sever back ache. L4 l5 upper stomach very heavy n lower abdominal dragged down. How to get rid of it n I am suffering from bronchitis. Shortness of breathing. Heavy flem. I feel my body total punchered. No stamina. please suggest.
My baby boy is of five months, since four days he didnt pass motion, is that normal or shall I consult doctor ?
Gud morning doctor. My daughter who is 8 year old having herpes last week on her face and now she is having itching overnight, please give me some useful method to relieve her from itching. Thank u.
My son is 3.5 years old and weighs 14 kg. Was having a repetitive condition of pain and stiffness behind left ear with fever and cough and cold. Which was diagnosed as left cervical lymphadenitis the condition is repeating after almost a month. And has repeated fourth time. He has been on antibiotics like zifi for 3 or 5 days. And on the last occasion linezolid for 14 days. But it has again repeated with same symptoms. A little worried wants to seek expert advice. Please help.
Hi. What is better n most effective. Painless or pain vaccination for children. My kid us one month old and soon her vaccination ll start. I spoke to couple of doctors and have missed reviews. Pls help.
Is it healthwise safe for a less than one month old infant to travel through train for approx 24 hour long journey?
I have 12 months baby. He is doing motion 3 times in a day. Sometimes loose and sometimes normal. Is it OK?
Hi My daughter is 3 years old and she vomited whole night 15 to 20 times in 25min gap no water and milk feeding. Already given domperidone but vomited. Please suggest any medicine
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
My 2 month baby is just 4 kg she is not gaining weight properly, Doctor suggested, zinkosure 2:50 ml and mysac- z sachet what is your opinion ? please help.
My baby she was just 1yr 10days in age. Suffering from high fever, around 102?. Hv given med. Fevogo (15) drops. BT didn't hv good response. What should I do. please suggest.
Tonsillitis, in the easiest terms, is the swelling of tonsils in our throat that is accompanied by symptoms like throat pain, difficulty in swallowing/ drinking, altered voice and fever etc.
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails.
Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult the ent specialist and have the antibiotics if it is a bacterial cause as per the doctor. Take the alternative treatment prescribed in case of other causes. The entire course of medication should be completed even if the kid gets better sooner to eliminate all traces of bacteria.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days.