Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa G BhandarkarYour feedback matters!
My daughter is having loose motion for 3 days. Oflo m is been give 3.5 ml twice for 3 days. The frequency has reduced but the motions are still on. please suggest.
Hi doctor my baby is 10 month old she has a fever cold and cough 102 F doctor prescribed delcon syrup 2.5ml 3 times, ambrodil syrup 2ml 3 times and advent 2.5 ml 2 times then yesterday we again went to him as the fever was not in control so he gave lariago syrup 10ml one time at night for two days and third day 5 ml then stop he said. Im worried to give my baby 10 ml plzz suggest me what to do.
My son 1 month and 25 days is suffering from cough for last 3 days can you please suggest the medicines to cure it and when he cough he was vomiting full of milk he drink from mother, its mother feeding only? And he had one white spot on left chicks and any ointment or cream to cure it?
Type 2 diabetes (T2DM) is a chronic metabolic disorder that prevents the body from processing sugar or glucose. The disorder causes insufficient production of the hormone Insulin (responsible for regulating sugar into the different parts of your body); or the body's failure to respond to the hormone produced. Although no cure is available for T2DM, there are several ways in which you can help prevent Type 2 diabetes in your child. These are:
1. Get your child to indulge in some physical activity - Spending about 60 minutes of the day on physical activity can help your child to ward off Type 2 diabetes. In terms of screen time, it shouldn't be over 2 hours a day. By doing so, he or she ends up building his or her muscles as well as gets rid of extra fat from the body. An active life would also help your child to maintain an optimal body weight with obesity being a cause of this form of diabetes. Whether it's a sport like swimming, cricket or basketball, or even walking and dancing, physical activity in any form can help in preventing your child from developing Type 2 diabetes.
2. Plan a well-balanced diet for your child - Encouraging your child to have healthy foods and making right food choices can also lower his or her chances of getting this metabolic disorder. Foods high in fiber like whole grain cereals and bread, lentils, fruits, and vegetables should be consumed. Similarly, foods low in trans and saturated fats like lean meat, chicken, yogurt and cheese should be included in your child's diet. Processed foods, as well as sugary drinks, should be no-no when it comes to your child's diet.
3. Adopting proper eating habits - It is not only making the right food choices that are important but eating right as well is vital for preventing the onset of diabetes. Having meals with fix portion sizes is a habit that you need to develop in your child. Ideally, half the plate should be filled with vegetables and fruits; a quarter with lean protein like chicken; and the remaining with whole grain. To accompany the meal, make your child have one cup of no-fat or low-fat milk. Desserts like ice cream and cookies should be allowed only once or twice a week.
Dear pediatrics Doctor We were blessed with Boy Baby on June 8th this year. He was born with forceps delivery. We notice him that back shoulder was not ok, because of that one hand he can completely move and another hand he could not move fully. Head was not keeping straight. Slightly tilted. What to do? Pls advise.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi mam, I I've 20 days baby. My breast milk is not enough to my baby. My milk was in soo less quantity. So that how to increase my breast milk supply. please kindly give suggestions through medicine or good diet. I am suffering a lot for this problem bcz he is 20 days baby. please mam.
My son harshit is 1years 10 months old. Doctors have suggested that he has hemoglobin count of 6. So need 1 pint of AB negative blood. So my question is" is there any way to increase hemoglobin count by syrup or any other method. What alternate blood can be given as AB negative is not available in my hometown.
Hello. My daughter is one year old. She has been suffering from cold and cough since a week. I am giving her sinarest AF and Brozeet. What else I have to give? Should I massage mustard oil on her feet? Pl help.
My baby is 1 month 25 days old. She had loose motion since 9 days continuously after feeding lactogen as I don't have enough breast milk. We did stool testing there was mucus present doctor suggested to stop lactogen and give nutricia nusobee formula. Is that good, for how long can I use nusobee?
For 2 years 6th child is it bad for her to drink 1 1/2 lit milk per day. Does it develop kidney stones even gallbladder.
I have 11 months old baby, he had fever from 20/05/2015, we gave antibiotic as per prescribed by doctor after 8 days my baby again suffering fever. His chest is clear and no cold and cough sign. I gave pacimal drop and his temperature came down, but his head still little bit hot eye also little bit redness. What should I do?
My baby is 8 months ,he is still not started crawling. Is it normal ,or he getting any vitamin deficiency. Please answer.
How to care a newborn baby? My baby is a girl she is crying too much. Please help me to relax the baby.
My 13 month baby girl vomiting curd like milk during/after feeding milk. She has slight fever. Suggest possible reasons & treatment.
My son is 4.5 years old, since 1 year he had frequent fevers almost every month all the check ups, test all are normal. Only high or low grade fever with headache and bodyach, is anything wrong like cancer. What to do now:(
Is the taste of ice cream or a sip of hot coffee sometimes a painful experience for you? Does brushing or flossing make you wince occasionally? If so, you may have sensitive teeth.
Possible causes include:
Tooth decay (cavities)
Worn tooth enamel
Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns of your teeth—the part above the gum line. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive-tooth pain. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.