Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deep B. ParekhYour feedback matters!
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
There might be several causes which can contribute to the development of this disorder. Some of them are:
- A drastic change in the child's lives: A sudden or a drastic change like the divorce of parents may severely affect the child and maim him emotionally. This may lead to the development of this disorder.
- Depression: Though always associated with adults, depression can be and is common among children as well. In such instances, a consequent development of ADHD is highly plausible.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder refers to excessive and incomprehensible mood swings. Many children suffer from it in their early lives, making them susceptible to ADHD.
Notwithstanding the ambiguity and the erratic nature of the disorder, there might be preventive measures which parents might adopt to deter the outbreak of the disorder. Some of them are:
- Less use of preservatives: Parents must be careful about what their children eat. Those foods which contain a certain amount of preservatives tend to aggravate the disorder thereby causing more harm than good.
- Consider alternative forms of medications: Another way of dealing with this problem is by exploring other forms of medications and not sticking to one form. In this respect, practicing yoga may be very beneficial.
I am a 41 year old male, I was on depression medication for 12 years and consumption of alcohol for 22 years, both are stopped since last three months. 1. Gas and Acidity 2. Back pain 3. Weight loss / dieting 4. Pain all over body, like hitting with pin. 5. Heaviness in the head loose of balance 6. Recently started Migraine issues 7. Eye weakness, flickering at times. 8. Dizziness.
Sir meri sister ko 3 year we daure aate hai. Ye mahine mai subah 5-6 baje me bich mai aate hai. Jo ki 5-10 minute ka hota hai ye sote hua hi aate hai. Vo bilkul kuch samay me liye sab kuch bul jaati hai.
Hi. My daughter is 2 years months old. 15days back she was hit by table cornor on het right cheek. Immediately her right cheek bone became black. I gave her ice pack. For 2 days it was just like that black. Then my friend suggest to put betadine and neosporin ointment. When I put after 20 minutes half of the cheek became full red. Then I saw red veins. I took her to doctor and she prescribed as fluticasone creme ip. After 7 days I felt 1 lump under her skin on that chick bone which was not there in first instance. Now that lump area is black in colour. We can see broken veins around that lump till her mouth. Redness reduce but not going significantly. Kindly suggest some medicine.
My baby is 3 years old. She suck her thumb before n after sleep. How can we forget her habit. We already tried many things to remove this habit.
My son is 4 years 10 months from 2 years onwards I used to give him pediasure in milk for 3 times a day. So now today onwards can I give him complain in the morning & pediasure in the evening will it effect his health.
Hello sir My son Age 14 month. Weight 7 kg He can not sit. When I check him at orthopedic surgeon He says no treatment can do. Sir please tell me what I do M in so tense. Please suggest me.
I have a two months baby boy. Today it is observed that he has only one testicle. Please explain what should I do? Is there any problem with one testicle Pls advice in details.
My daughter aged 4 years is having cold and cough since 3 weeks. No fever. I am giving her medicines like cough syrup but with no use. Some days she looks absolutely fine but the other day she starts coughing badly. Mostly while sleeping she starts coughing badly. I am giving her asthalin syrup. But there is no relief. How to manage her cold and cough ?
Mangos are good for health or not 2 yers baby we have given to mangos then which type of health issues we have faced.
Hello my daughter has completed 4 months the back of her head is hot regularly but when I check her temperature is normal what should I do.
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.