Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dayal MirchandaniYour feedback matters!
Dr sir/madam, I am 38 years male, I quit nicotine 3 month ago, I used it since age of 24 in heavy quantity, but still have withdrawal symptoms like anxiety, depression, sore throat. How much time it will take get rid of all these symptoms.
Is only drinking water makes our metabolism works better or suggest some ways to be fit n fine and concentrate on my works.
Hi, how r you madam, me not fine, because feeling insecure, some people in my life I want to avoid, but they remain in my mind, I don't want to even remember them, my mood changes always, I feel not happy, this makes me anger and depressed ,guide me.
Hello sir, I'm feeling every time body pain and I'm use some pain killer but after 3, hours my body pain again so please help me.
I am 30 of a male suffering from generalized anxiety disorder facing symptoms like severe numbness in head, world seems dreamy dreamy, fear in public, foggy and distorted vision always thinking how I ll cum out of this. Please help since 2 years I am having this eating vegetables and fruits but still its not curable. Rply and tell me whether slowly slowly this scary symptoms will vanish or not. Lightheaded is one more thing which is unbearable for me. One of psychologist told eat healthy n sleep healthy is the only way to cure it. Brain fog and distorted vision are the worst problem I am facing. Will it disappear slowly slowly.
Dear Sir, madam, from two days I am getting useless thoughts in my brain and not getting sleep due to that. can you give help me out on this.
I am 24 years old. Some times I get over tension. I can't stopped that type of activity. Many times I try treatment but no use. What will I do?
Brain is just like other muscles in the body; stimulation of the brain cells on a continuous basis will lead to a well-functioning brain. In fact, exercising your brain through various brain exercises helps in forming new neural pathways inside it. Neuroplasticity is the ability of the brain to change and adapt when it is stimulated.
The various methods you can adopt to improve your mental health are:
- Learn a musical instrument: Start taking music classes to learn an instrument such as guitar or piano as it helps in improving mental health. It also helps in delaying age related problems such as Alzheimer's disease.
- Do math exercises in your head: Try figuring out various mathematical sums inside your head, as this will keep your brain sharp. It has also been known to improve intelligence quotient.
- Try to Recall Past Events: When you try to recall past events, the section of the brain dealing with memory is stimulated and thus, leads to stronger neural connections.
- Learning a New Language: Learning a new language is good for the brain as well because it helps in delaying the process of decline of cognitive functions. Chances of being affected by mental health disorders decrease significantly.
- Aerobic Exercises: You should follow a regular exercise regimen consisting of aerobic exercises and cardiovascular exercises as they help in improving your blood circulation. Apart from keeping you fitter and lean, it also improves your overall wellbeing.
- Improve your Hand-eye Coordination: Do activities such as painting, knitting or solving puzzles as they help in improving your hand eye coordination. It fine tunes your motor skills and keeps you mentally sharp.
- Cooking: Learning to cook helps in activating various parts of the brain such as sight, smell and taste. This is related to different parts of the brain resulting in an overall development.
My girl friend cheated with me before 3 months. After our break up i'm feeling very lonely. Can you help me?
I am 63 years old man. and suffering from parkinson I am very much disturb with cramping in the legs. Can it be cure?
I am suffering from anxiety, extremely nervous. And suffocation for last two years now I treat a neurology under. No results.
I have severe sore throat, cough and cold. There's hoarseness of voice since 4 days. How to get relief from this.
I have quite short tempered. I get angry over little little things. And then keep thinking about that matter. I get distracted very easily. I have a constant fear of losing my loved ones. How can I stay calm and optimistic? I want to focus in my studies as I am into BDS profession.
A person suffering from depersonalization disorder often feels detached from their thoughts and is often faced with a steange feeling that you are being separated from your emotions and your body. Feeling disconnected from his or her surrounding environment is one of the main symptoms of depersonalization disorder. An affected person might feel like an alien, living in a world of fantasy and fear of getting crazy or depressed, anxious and panicky. A patient with depersonalization disorder does not lose his contact with reality and realizes that his perceptions are unreal. This health condition is a form of dissociative disorder, where the brain gets affected.
Treatment: People seeking treatment for depersonalization disorder are primarily concerned with the associated symptoms such as anxiety and disorder. Treatment is required when the disorder is recurring or long lasting, and when the symptoms cause severe distress. The aim of the treatment is to eliminate all causes of stress when the symptoms show up. The method of treatment depends on the nature of the triggers and on the severity of the symptoms. Here is a list of the most effective treatment methods:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is an effective treatment procedure for depersonalization disorder. Psychological techniques are used to help an affected person recognize his feelings and for communicating his thoughts to a therapist. Thoughts which may lead to depersonalization experience are expressed by a person in this process. Cognitive therapy is utilized for changing dysfunction thought patterns in an affected person.
- Medication: There are no medicines for the general treatment of depersonalization disorder. Several medicines are used to treat the symptoms. In patients who experience depression and severe anxiety, antidepressant and antianxiety medicines may be prescribed. Antipsychotic medicines are also used to cure disordered thinking and improper perception of reality.
- Family therapy: Family therapy educates the affected person's family about the disorder, its causes and the family members learn how to recognize the symptoms.
- Creative therapy: Creative therapies, such as art therapy or music therapy, enable a patient to recognize and express his feelings better in a creative and safe way.
- Clinical hypnosis: This process involves intense relaxation, concentration and focus of attention in order to achieve an altered state of consciousness. This makes a patient more aware, and he can explore his thoughts and feelings, which have been absent from his conscious mind.
Complete recovery from depersonalization disorder is possible for most of the patients. The symptoms go away by themselves after treatment. Treatment makes a person more effective in dealing with stress or trauma, which might act as triggers for further recurrence of this disorder. Treatment is necessary and avoiding treatment might cause severe complications later. It is recommended to consult a doctor for the best treatment measures.