Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dattu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DattuYour feedback matters!
I have felt one of my breast has swollen & without pain is it a symbol of cancer. My weight is not getting increase.
- Letting us do all the work when we’re on top
- Touching the bits of us that we’re self conscious about
- Refusing to wear a condom
- Pushing our heads down during oral sex
- Rubbing the clitoris like you’re a boy scout trying to start a fire with two sticks
- Thrusting too deep
- Some women like men to thrust really hard and really deep but for lots ofv women, it hurts.
- It’s way too easy for your penis to hit the cervix – which is oweeeeee! painful.
- Skipping foreplay
- Calling us ‘baby’ or ‘babe’
- Trying to last for hours
- Insisting on making us orgasm when it’s clear we’re not going to
I hve done my widal test, result is to 1: 320 and th 1: 160, ah and bh are --tive. I m pregnant (5th week) what should I do ?
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir I am 22 year old girl and my periods start on 13-14 day of every months and I want to sex without any protection so give me advice on what time I do sex there is zero chance of pregnancy.
Actually Dr. I am unmarried and I unknowingly got pregnant even after taking unwanted 72. I had an abort in last month on 20th may and doctor had removed the contents from inside by inserting a device in my vagina. All was ok and I also had watched blood clots after that. Bleeding was there for 2 days and I was feeling better. But now 20th has passed. Today is 22nd and there is no mensuration. So thats why I am worried about it. Can I be still pregnant? My last periods were on date 11 april according to me. Give me your advice and some suggestions to solve my issue.
My wife is 29 years. Before one year I got married. Regularly I try to get her pregnant but she doesn't get pregnant. Please give me advice.
I missed my period since January. I start taking Vitagreat and deviry in order to make regular periods as prescribed by the doctor. But still I didn't get my periods. .wat shall I do now please suggest?
Sex which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. Many women, mostly in their menopausal or postmenopausal phase find intercourse and penetration extremely painful. Menopause results in hormonal imbalance, with a significant drop in the estrogen level. The reduced estrogen level results in Vulvovaginal Atrophy (dryness of the vagina and thinning and weakening of the vaginal tissues). In such cases, women experience irritation, Vaginismus (vaginal tightness) and soreness after sex. One can also experience a burning sensation during urination. There may be inflammation of the vaginal tissues. If untreated, the inflammation can cause infection and other complications. "Dyspareunia" or pain during intercourse is very common in postmenopausal women. The pain experienced during sex can be due to "Vulvodynia" as well. Vulvodynia is a condition whereby a women experiences chronic pain in the external genitals or vulva. A number of other factors can also contribute to the pain during sex. A thorough and detailed investigation is thus very important.
Many women find it extremely embarrassing to discuss menopausal problems with their partners and doctors. The key to effective treatment lies in timely diagnosis and medication. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The postmenopausal changes can vary from person to person. Thus it is very important to discuss every minute detail with your physician.
Many options are available to make intercourse a less painful experience:
- Keep dryness at bay: In most cases, painful intercourse results from dryness of the vagina. Use of a lubricant can ease the pain to a great extend. A water based lubricant is highly recommended. Regular use of vaginal moisturizers is also effective to deal with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal care and hygiene: It is very important to keep the vagina clean. Avoid using soaps, bath oils and shower gels. They do more harm than good to the vagina. It is advisable to wash the vagina with warm to lukewarm water. Undergarments should be changed twice daily.
- More is good: Having sex at regular intervals is a healthy practice. It not only enhances and improves the blood flow, but also helps to overcome vaginal dryness.
- The Pelvic Floor Therapy is immensely beneficial. In this therapy, a gentle pressure is exerted in the pelvic region to relax the stiffened and tightened muscles. One can also massage the area to relax the muscles.
- Squat is a very effective exercise to strengthen the buttocks and hip muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles are also very helpful.
- One can also opt for Local Estrogen therapy and Systematic Estrogen Therapy.
Menopause should not affect your conjugal and sexual life. Visit here to know more and forget painful intercourse forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.