Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DasturYour feedback matters!
Many women experience unusual vaginal bleeding between periods at some point in their lives. It is also known as metrorrhagia. Vaginal bleeding is thought to be abnormal in the following cases:
1. When your menstrual period is not expected
2. When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than normal
3. At unexpected stages in life. For example, when you are pregnant or after you have attained menopause.
Bleeding during periods is not a normal condition. Usually, the duration of the cycle is about 21 – 35 days. Abnormal vaginal bleeding has numerous conceivable causes. Independently, it doesn't show a genuine condition.
- Mid-cycle bleeding can be caused due to ovulation.
- Two hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are progesterone or oestrogen. A condition of hormonal imbalance which is known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) causes interference with normal ovulation. This results in problems in thyroid glands as well as causes dysfunctional ovaries.
- Medications such as birth control pills are capable of causing abnormal bleeding, especially with the irregular intake of such medications.
- Infections or inflammation caused in the pelvic regions such as uterus, vagina, cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes are capable of causing abnormal bleeding. STIs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and PIDs (Pelvic inflammatory disease) are often the cause of such a condition.
- Although Cancer is not one of the primary causes, cancer in organs such as the uterus, vagina, cervix and ovaries are capable of causing abnormal bleeding during periods.
How it can prevented
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Women who are either underweight or overweight tend to have more problems with abnormal bleeding
- Relaxation practices should be followed so that stress is reduced. Stress can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) should be consumed to reduce menstrual bleeding. Examples are ibuprofen or naproxen.
- In case of consumption, birth control pills should be taken as per the prescription only and regularly at the same time.
- Hormone therapy (using external hormones in a medical treatment) can be used in order to regulate menstrual cycles, stabilize the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus as well as to rectify hormonal imbalances. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am experiencing irregular periods. Usually I had bleeding for 5 days and very mild and bearable pain. Bleeding was more during the 2nd 3rd and 4th day. Done. Over But since two cycles it continues till 7 days accompanied by severe pain in lower abdominal region and feeling of vomiting and loo but doesn't happen and make me feel worsen. I am having change in my daily schedule because of exams (no stress) and bit irregular food habits. I was even having regular safe sex few weeks ago for 2 weeks. What should I do?
I am 30 year old suffering from hypothyroidism (taking thyroxine 25mg /day) and my wife is 20 year old she is suffering from PCOS (taking Harmoni F. Is PCOS is curable? my wife can give birth or not. What should I do that my wife become pregnant.
We can drink water before 40 min of food.
After meal, we can drink water minimum 1 hour after of intake food.
I am 30 years old lady. Recently I m diagnosed with hypothyroid and diabetes both are borderline. Taking 25 mg pill for thyroid daily and half 750 mg pill for diabetes. I have one child and now want to plan for second child. My periods are also always irregular. Is it related to thyroid n diabetes? and what are my chances of conceiving. I am doing course to normalize my periods.
My daughter age is 10 +she got period 2 months before but her cycle is not fixed starting month 1st April, then April 25th then may 15th so cycle is not fixed I want to know is it normal or not let me know we should go any gynecology or it is normal cycle.
Sir meri wife ke age 35 hai aur unki medical report bhi theek hai. Mens ane se pehle unki kamar mein dard bahut hota hai kabhi kabhi. Aissa kyon hota hai.
Hi I am 24 year old and I have sex with my girl friend without protection. Can I check the pregnancy before 30 days. Its really urgent to check the pregnancy. Her age is around 30 year.
My friend she used to have a normal menstrual cycle of 28 days. She got intimate with her boyfriend in Oct after which she took I pill on 25oct. After which which she had her periods on 2 nov unlike her normal date of 15. Again on 19 Nov she had her menses which ended on 23 nov.(this date was in sync with her usual cycle) They again got intimate on 25 Nov but as they did use protection she didn't consume any pill. Today she is complaining of sore breasts and some sort of elevations on the areola. Was the bleeding on 2 Nov a side effect of the drug? If considered so then 25 Nov would have had been a safe zone. Sore breasts can be simply a pre-period thing? Recently she has also been complaining about hair fall, dryness of skin, having episodes of feeling of fainting but not actually fainting, postural hypotension. Are all these suggestive of some other condition?
Is it safe to take dubagest sr 300 before periods. As m trying to conceive will it protect the womb if m getting conceived? . Or it will bring menses?
I was intimated with my boyfriend and his penis got rubbed with my vagina and his penis went little in my vagina. He did not release sperm but I am worried about my pregnancy due to precum. I am teenager. Please tell me whether I am required to take unwanted 72.
Hi doc my daughter is not having her periods regularly since 1year what should I do. She is very shy doesn't want to visit doctor.
Joint pain is a very common problem with many possible causes - but it's usually a result of injury or arthritis.
1. Pain in just one joint like knee joint. It can be due to osteoarthritis. It is quite common in older people but it can sometimes affect younger people, especially those who are overweight or those who have had serious injuries to the joint in the past.
2. Pain in many joints, most commonly the hands, feet and wrists. It can be due to rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, viral infection that causes arthritis.
The knee joint is particularly vulnerable to damage and pain because it takes the full weight of your body