Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Dashni ShroffYour feedback matters!
I am 55 years old getting back pain often. Very difficult to climb the stairs to 2nd floor. Kindly advise.
My Age-35 and am a male suffering with pain in lower half of the body from thighs to toe while sleeping in night.
My name is zaira khan. I am from delhi. I am 25 year old. My problem is abdominal pain and and back pain. I am suffering from it from two years.
I have pain in my feet because I hit ground while playing football please suggest me to get rid off this pain.
She is having shoulder pain from past 2 years we have consult doctors, they have advice to do physiotherapy but of not help. Recently we started injections for it, she was feeling gud but now again its troubling a lot coz of pain. Please advice.
I have back pain due to disk issue. I had one epidural in 2007. But pain started since 2013. Cervical pain is also started. It restrict my moment and activities. Can you suggest Medicine. I am on physio, yoga and focusing on weigh loss. But I need Medicine so I can stand up, sit down well when work.
I'm suffering from plantar cone on the foot. Tried salicylic acid patch, removal, medicines. Etc. Is there any other treatment? Is there any effects of doing of laser treatment? If no please suggest a clinic near hauz khaz?
I have pain in lower pain and left lower leg just above the ankle and behind the front bone. This pain is very hard I don't walk or run it only happen when I stand or walk. When I sit or ride bike or bicycle pain in gone I took a x-ray but nothing found in it.
I am ill, I have very pain in back and also a fever in last 2 days I am very si k in last two or three days.
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.