Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DasYour feedback matters!
My Daughter (Age 10 month) has been suffering from fever (101-102, by underarm) from last 3 days. First day her nose was running a lot. But next day onward her nose was ok. On third day there was no fever for almost 18 hrs but again at mid night she got fever. I am giving her Maxtra-P (60ml) according to doctor. Should I go for antibiotic? Is it viral fever or common cold.
Hello, My son is of 3.5 years old, 15 Kg of weight. He falls in cold and fever while comes in contact with outside water. Even in very early morning, around 4 AM-6 AM he sneezes more because of the cold environment. Might be his resistance power is not so good. Please suggest me, how to get rid from this issue and how would be the diet for him to grow up physically, mentally/memory. Thanks a lot.
The study says that smartphone addiction can reduce Melatonin hormone levels which may lead to Neurodegenerative diseases later in life for children.
Melatonin hormone secreted by the pineal gland in the brain which helps regulate other hormones and maintains body's circadian Rhythm.
What You Need to Know About Epilepsy And Seizures in Children!
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties.
Hello sir, I have a daughter having 5+ years of age, she has a problem that she is not speaking anything, some words she can speak like" amma" nanna" she spoke that words with lips only not with tongue and she could not direct contact with our eyes, she always faces her head down only, she can understand what ever we spoke but she could not answer, I think she has some neurological problem, some times she tights her hand, sir could you please tell me the problem, I would give you more information if required. Thanks in advance sir.
What is diet plan for two year baby and weight is 8 kg, so weigh graining diet plan Protein powder is helpful for baby or not.
Sir my 8 month old baby is not sleeping well Sir total he well slp mor 1 hour and afternoon 1 hour tat too disturb slp oly. I give him food fully and I check he went any urine all but nothing. Simply he keeps getting up. Night also disturb slp. Wat to do. Pls help.
• It is less common in breastfed infants.
• Less exposure to sunlight.
• Dark skinned infants.
• Dietary deficiency of vitamin D.
• Chronic liver disease.
• Renal osteodystrophy.
• Calcium wasting.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
– Prominent forehead.
– Delayed closing of anterior fontanels (normally closes by 6 months of age).
– Frequent rocking movement of the head.
– Temporary teeth usually appear late.
– Excessive sweating over the forehead.
– Beading of ribs (rachitic rosary), at the junction of the ribs and cartilages.
– Prominent sternum (Pigeon`s Breast).
• Spinal column:
– Patient has hump in the back (Kyphosis).
– Bow legs.
– Knock knees.
– Outwards curving of bones of forearm.
– Dwarfism in severe cases.
– Green stick fractures can occur in severe cases.
• Ligaments and muscles:
– Weakness of legs.
– Delayed walking and standing.
– Over extension of knee joints.
– Pot belly due to weakness of abdominal muscles.
• Digestive system:
– Indigestion due to liver and spleen affection.
• Nervous system:
– Restless at night.
– Rocking of head on the pillow.
– A predisposition to titanic convulsion.
• Respiratory system:
– Adenoid and tonsillar hypertrophy.
– Pharyngitis (inflammation of mucous lining of the pharynx).
– Triad of tetany.
– Laryngismus strides.
– Convulsion may be expected in low calcium type of rickets.
• Avoid bony injuries, to prevent factures.
• You should have sun bath for at least 1 – 2 hrs every day.
• Consume foods rich in vitamin D:
– Animal food: egg yolk and fish liver oils are riches source.
– Liver, veal, beef, oyster, salt water fish – mackerel, kipper, herrings, salmon, sardines and tuna.
– Dairy products like – cream, butter, cheese, fortified milk and margarines.
– Plant foods are low in vitamin D – vegetable oils, fruits, nuts and green leafy vegetables.
• Reduce calcium intake (reduce but do not completely avoid calcium as it is needed for maintenance of our body):-
– milk and sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
– Should avoid custard apple and banana as they are high in calcium.
• Breast feeding should be continued.
• You can take vitamin D supplements – cod liver oil, fortified milk.
• Consult physician if you have any of the above sigh and symptoms.
• Associated illness should be treated.
• Vitamin D injections can be injected under the guidance of your physician.
My son is 7 months old and he is diagnosed for retinoblastoma it is in advanced stage doctor said he has to undergo for chemotherapy one cycle of chemo is already done can you pls suggest me the best doctor to cure this. I am from bangalore.
I have 3 month old baby boy. Usko sardi hey or nak band ho jati hai. To koi salah Yaa koi drops. Use or koi problem nai hai. Nind kam hai to vo puri nind kare aesa kuch bataye .pls.
Today my son taken 6weeks vaccination with rota varies drops and polio drops. Injection to his leg. After shall he take bath or wet cloth clean today or tomorrow please tell me safety tips.
My child is suffering from epilepsy since last 2 years and now he is 8 years old. But still In spit talking medicine sezuires are not controlled. So please so advice me.
Hi Dr. my baby 7 months old. Suffering with cough from todays. We r using ambrodil-s syrup with 1 ml dosage. Is it ok?
My grand daughter who is 2 and half years old. Problem with her she does not like to eat her food. Only milk pediasure she takes. Worried for her. How it will affect her health n also how to improve her food habit.
I have 2 years old baby and still feeding and my wife does not want to feed him any more and she is trying but after some time her breast becomes hard and she feels pain in breast so is this normal or is it has any sideffect.
My son is 2 years old. His weight is only 9 kg. But he is very active and he talks good. How can I improve his weight.
Hello doctor. My son reached his first birthday yesterday. Before Two days of his birthday he just kept two steps on his own and then sat. After that he din walk. He is only crawling. Actually my son was born in eight months with 2.5 kg without any problem. Normal delivery. He was normal. But his legs was shivering till six months. My pediatrician told that he ll be alright when he is six months and as he said shivering stopped. His other activities were normal like other babies. Before one month when I went to hospital to say that he din walk yet. Doctor said his knees are little weak. Nothing to worry and he ll walk in by fourteen months. But before his birthday itself he kept two steps for two days. After that he is not walking. Only crawling. What's the reason? When he ll was walk?
My son age is 1 year and 4 month old he is suffering loose motion from last 45 day so many doctor check up my son and recommanded several medicine like zenflox oz orindazole but it' s doesn' t work I really depressed what to do please help me
A part of the lymphatic system, tonsils work hand in hand with the body’s immune system. Some reasons for enlarged tonsils are as follows:
Common cold (viral)
Enlarged tonsils can cause various health problems if left untreated. Often, tonsil infections can result in vomiting symptoms—something not quite treatable using traditional and allopathic medicinal practices which often look to surgery to remove the tonsil and provide relief.
Homeopathy is gaining popularity in treating kids with enlarged or infected tonsils. The homeopathic approach acknowledges the tonsil as an integral part of the body’s immune system and thus discourages surgical treatments of tonsil related problems. Homeopathic medicines are safe and can be used for prolonged periods without any side effects.
The homeopathic approach to enlarged tonsils works in the following way:
They bring down the size of the tonsil back to normal thus converting the tonsil from its unhealthy enlarged state to its normal, healthy one.
They enhance the immunity and resistance to allergic reactions/attacks from exposure to allergens.
They reduce the occurrence and frequency of common cold and influenza.
Cases have been recorded when traditional and allopathic approaches to tonsil infection failed and the patient was saved due to homeopathic treatment.