Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Darmesh KarYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from conjunctivitis for about one and half month, still I am not cured. Please help me ,i am using "ofloxacin ophthalmic solution" as prescribed by my doctor. Please help!
Sir my eyes seems red all the time infact when I wake up in the morning the redness is there, this problem is continue from last 5 years due to this my eyes are getting weak day by day and I forced to use specs having power -1 in both eyes. I went AIIMS to concert ophthalmologist but I think there were day scholars who was doing there research on patient and says that "aapki aankh me toh koi problem nhi hai rhne do red ise kya dikkat h" suggest me what should I do.
Hello Dr, please suggest me, My eyes becoming heat and red, very heat at night times, what can I do, for this clear my problem.
What is cataract, how it does effect the humans and what are the steps to cure cataract. Does it only attacks humans or also animals?
Hlw sir I have eye related issue and I have some eye sight problems also my eyes turns to red in daytime please help me.
I have a 4 year old pug and he is infected with ticks. I use virbac anti-tick shampoo. How do I get rid of ticks.
My eyes are week. I have power specs from last 2 year. But not improving. I have Left eye -2.0.right -1.5.nearsightedness. M I eligible for laser operation.
I have red eye's since 1year. Generalized weakness with sleepiness since 2 years. Please give me your valuable opinion.
I have weak eye sight. I wear spec but when I m going to bed take off my spec tears come out so what I do.
My father met an accident two years back. Due to that accident one of his eye ball has been not moving. Doctors are saying it will take time but two years has over still no result. Is there any solution?
Eyes are very important organs as they provide you with the ability to process visual detail and detect light. However, because your eyes are exposed to harsh climate and pollutants, they can get spoilt. Here are a few basic tips you can follow to take care of your eyes:
- Eye yoga: Eye Yoga is an ancient method of relaxing your eyes and is also known as “palming”. All you need to do is cup your palms and place them over closed eyes in a way wherein your fingertips are touching your forehead. This helps in blocking out light completely. While cupping your eyes, take long, deep breaths which can help relax your eyes and mind.
- Eat healthy: It is important to eat healthy in order to maintain healthy eyes. Medical practitioners believe that vitamins have anti oxidants which slow down age related problems in the eye. You should be eating foods rich in Vitamin A, C and E, Zinc rich foods and foods with folic acid. Food items such as carrots, lettuce, spinach and kale can help in keeping your eyes healthy for longer.
- Wear dark sunglasses: Every time your eyes are exposed to the sun, they have to tolerate the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The ultraviolet rays can prove to be very damaging for your eyes as they affect the optic nerve. Hence, you should always wear dark coloured sunglasses in the sun to protect your eyes.
- Take breaks: Staring at a computer screen or a mobile screen all day can prove to be very harmful to your eyes. According to a study, when you stare a screen for too long, you blink lesser. This can lead to dry eyes.
- Get required rest: It is important to rest your eyes and free them of the strain they endure daily. Hence, you should aim to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep time daily to give them the required rest time.
- Quit smoking: Smoking cigarettes can be harmful for your eyes as it increases chances of macular degeneration and cataracts. Smoking also increases chances of optic nerve damage as it impairs blood circulation to the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.