Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Darith MehtaYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my boy friend 3 days ago and I don't want to get pregnancy how can I avoid suggest me the better way.
Hi Dr. I am 8 weeks 5 days pregnant. I just to know without any scan or consulting a Dr. How would I able to know that my pregnancy Is going normal. please help out. please specify that symptoms according to the number of week pregnancy.
Problem in periods after miscarriage. Date of miscarriage 8.5.17. Still periods not come. Please suggest.
I am 34 years old lady. I am having light green colored vaginal fluid coming out since one week. Having pain and itching also. Kindly suggest me homeopathy medicine for the same as I can not afford doctor fee due to financial crisis.
Sir madam mere wife ko sardi khansi ho rahi he unki age 25 year he or wo pregnant bhi he pls sir help me.
After completing 4th month of pregnancy which type of food is healthy for baby and mother? Pls list out the food items.
Motherhood is a gift and though every woman understands this, only those who are infertile, really yearn for it. There are several reasons why some women aren’t able to conceive a baby naturally. One of the most common reasons is a blocked fallopian tube, in fact; almost 20% of female infertility cases are due to this cause. The good news, however, is that it is treatable.
Fallopian tubes are essentially two pipe like tubes surrounding the uterus that act as a transport mechanism between the sperm and the fertilised egg. If there is an obstruction in any of the tubes, the sperm won’t be able to reach the egg and hence forming an embryo will effectively be impossible.
There are several reasons why fallopian tubes may be blocked:
- Infection: Some of the most frequent cases that doctors witness on day to day basis is of blocked fallopian tubes that are caused due to an infection in the area. These could range from sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This is an infection of the uterus (womb), ovaries and fallopian tubes, causing tissues to stick together, forming obstructions in your tubes. Severe cases may lead to pus filled abscesses developing in the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- Endometriosis: A condition where parts of your uterus lining grow in other areas besides the uterus, such as fallopian tubes or ovaries.
- Hydrosalpinx: Formation of fluid inside the fallopian tubes is also known as distal tubal occlusion in medical terms. It can be treated through a surgical procedure called salpingectomy. Scar tissue, adhesions and damaged tube ends that may be caused through previous injury or surgery.
If you’re diagnosed with obstruction of fallopian tubes, don’t lose heart. Ask gynaecologist to recommend the right treatment protocol, that will help you to conceive soon. They will conduct a laparoscopy, which is a surgical procedure to look inside your pelvic area and at your fallopian tubes to suggest the necessary course of action. Some of the options may include the following:
- IVF: In vitro fertilisation is one of the most common procedures to help you conceive. It is a non-invasive technique which is safe and effective.
- Tubal surgery: Depending on the position and extent of the fallopian tube blockage, tubal procedures can be done using microsurgical techniques, wherein the blocked or infected portion of the tube is removed and the two healthy ends of the tube are then joined.
- Medication: In cases of infection, over-the-counter medication or hormones may be given to the patient.
Though being a mother is a wonderful feeling, do not consider yourself unfortunate if you can’t conceive. Think of it as an opportunity presented to you, to adopt a child and to make his or her life complete. Motherhood can come in all forms, so be ready to embrace it in any way.
With the advent of refined laparoscopic instruments, it is possible to treat numerous operable gynaecological conditions. With laparoscopic access, we can operate even more complicated cases like severe endometriosis' target='_blank'>endometriosis, cancers etc. The common diseases which can be treated with laparoscopic surgery are following :
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound' target='_blank'>ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage' target='_blank'>miscarriage / abortion' target='_blank'>abortion, infertility' target='_blank'>infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer' target='_blank'>cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain' target='_blank'>pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants' target='_blank'>implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy' target='_blank'>hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy' target='_blank'>chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy' target='_blank'>pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.
Hi doctor, Can you please tell me a solution for PCOD I am in treatment past 1 year but still not reducing and past 2 months I didn't get my periods.
1. Brooming and mopping our house
2. Doing gardening work
3. Cleaning our house
4. Washing the car or Bike
5. Taking the dog for walking .So we too walk
6. Take a long walk in the Malls
7. Weekends .U can go to beech side and parks
8. Yoga/ meditation can also be practiced
Dear sir/mam, my frnd is 26 year old and he did unprotected sex with a women (may be prostitute). He did this mistake first time in their life. He did sex for 20 seconds to 30 seconds and ejaculate. And there is no injury on penis and no blood comes from vagina. But he is depressed now, what if that girl is HIV+? He don't know. So what is the probability of getting SDT like HIV? After how many days he will take test? please give suggestion what to do? When he will go for test. He did sex on 2 may 2016. He is totally depressed.
I am 50 years and my wife is 49 years, just got married a year ago... we are health enough and like to have a child. Would like to know the basic preparation that may help us to have an issue immediately.
If I visit doctor for treatment of vaginal infection then can be they able to notice my broken hymen.
Doctor I am pregnant of two months. My breast size increasing day by day. It's so annoying. Please give me some tips to reduce breast size without affecting my pregnancy.
- Heart: smoking is the biggest risk factor for all heart diseases. It accelerates the process of fat deposition in the inner walls of arteries (atherosclerosis). It increases blood pressure and heart rate. Not only these, smoking increases tendency for the blood to clot. It reduces the capacity of a person to exercise.
- Lungs: smoking destroys small hairs present in upper parts of airways. In normal persons these hairs protect lungs from germs, dust and other harmful particles. When this natural cleaning system is damaged germs, dust, smoke and other harmful chemicals enter lungs causing infection, cough and lung cancer. The air sacs of lungs (alveoli) get permanently damaged causing difficulty in breathing.
- Digestive system: smoking causes heart burn, delays healing of peptic ulcers, increases risk of crohn’s disease and formation of gall stones. It affects liver and increases chances of stomach cancer.
- Legs: smoking affects blood vessels of legs causing chronic pain in legs. This may further progress to cause gangrene of toes or feet.
- Eyes: the sensitive blood vessels of eye are easily damaged by smoking. This causes blood shot appearance of eyes and itching. In heavy smokers it may lead to degeneration and loss of eyesight. Smokers are at an increased risk of cataracts.
- Skin: due to smoking the skin is deprived of oxygen and it loses its texture. An average smoker looks 5 years older than his healthy non smoking counterparts. The skin loses its healthy glow and takes on a yellowish-gray cast. The more cigarettes smoked, the worse skin will look. Wrinkles start appearing very quickly as smoking affects elastic tissues of skin.
- Bones: it accelerates the process of osteoporosis
- Cancer: smoking causes cancer of lungs, larynx, oral cavity, pharynx, oesophagus and bladder. Tobacco smoke contains more than 60 substances which cause cancer. 87% lung cancer death occurs due to smoking.
- Reproductive system: smoking reduces fertility in both men and women.
- In women: smoking imbalances estrogen hormone in women. It causes dryness of vagina and reduces blood flow to genital organs. Women who smoke can get diseases of fallopian tubes and their egg production is affected. Smoking can cause abortion. It accelerates aging process and can cause early menopause.
- The growth of baby retards when mother smokes in pregnancy. It affects the brain development of baby and reduces iq. This happens even when mother is a passive smoker. The chances of miscarriage, premature birth and fetal death increase.
- In men: smoking impairs erections and can become a reason for erectile dysfunction. It also reduces sperm count and impairs sperm motility. But these are reversed after stopping smoking.
Hence quit smoking. Quitting smoking has immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones