Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. DantalaYour feedback matters!
This pain I am getting all over backside and if I am sitting or standing for a little while my legs are getting severe pain and while I am going for motion I can not able to sit for long time in a ground based latrine.
I am 30 and I have a back pain, if I seat for about 30 minutes without anything to support back. Then again I have a pain in my lower end of my back, almost near my hip if I seat on any hard surface. Please help me.
What Should I Do I Have Too Much Pain In My Both Legs I Tried Many Medicines But It Doesn't Work. Please Help me ?
I usually play football on most weekdays and last Thursday on wards I developed a strain on my left calf. Yesterday in a match, mid way, I felt a strong pain on my calf, after which I can barely stand or walk. Have kept ice and hot water. Is it serious or do I rest and hope it will get healed?
I am having trouble with muscle pain in the legs, arms, pain in neck areas & lower back problem. I seem to be drowsy & not interested in doing anything. There is pain behind my eyes also. Please let me know the condition.
Hey I have some queries regarding back pain, as my friend have less hemoglobin nd she is weak too nd she always feel back pain nd on that time she is not able to sleep properly, please advice me that wt to do for this problem.
Sir, What are the symptoms of disk prolapse? I have heavy backpain. Spending the whole day in front of computer. What are the solution for reduce the backpain sitting in front of the computer? I also want to know the basic disk prolapse symptoms. Thank you.
My wife 62 yrs old, complained of travelling severe pain from neck to right hand upto the fingers, the pain subsided after veloni spray was applied and despirine tab. This has happened earlier also. Would like to know caused and remedy.
What's the cure for bilateral lower limbs Non healing venous ulcers. Skin grafting Unsuccessful. I am a diabetic & a smoker. What are the underlying Causes. What Should be done for healing. Pls. Explain In detail with proper reasoning.
I had severe back pain a month back with paracentral Protrusion at L3-4 inter vertebral disc causing significant compression of thecal sac Loss of normal lordosis Not I am fine with no pain in back So can I resume playing cricket from now.
Hi mam my mother is suffering with back pain and leg pains she is 40 years old please tell me suitable medicines and suitable suggestions to get rid of this pains.
My mother suffers from Dorsal spinal vertebrate compression fracture. She is 84 what is the line of treatment.
I am 28 year old, I do smoking daily due to which one side of my neck have pain & also pain in left year. Suggest me what I have to do?
Plz suggest some home remedies for arthritis. I am taking medication it, I have swelling on my hands n feet.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.