Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. DandelYour feedback matters!
Hello, My father, 73 years old suffering from paralysis since 1st Nov. 2014. His left part was attacked due to bleeding. He is under treatment of Dr. Kapil Singhal at Metro Hospital, Noida. Presently he is able to walk with support but unfortunately some time back his left shoulder was injured, there was a complete tear. That is why his left arm having pain. Pl. Suggest some exercise or give your opinion. Thanks
I can't able to sleep for past few days. Especially at nights. Its make to feel alone. I fear that my condition was kind of insomnia. Can you suggest any way to prevent from this? Thanks in advance.
Hi mujhe karib 2 mahine se right leg ke upar thora sa sunn aur chikna jaisa lagta hai jahan pe khujli karne par koi effect nhi parta shayad mai sochta hu mujhe blood clothing hua hai. Iske liye mujhe koi non side effect tablet ka naam btayein jo allopathy, homeopathy ya ayurvedic me ho lekin jaldi hi thik kar de. Mujhe rozana leg ke kareli wale hisse me bahut dard rahta hai shyad thakan ki wajah se. Kripya koi aisi treatment ya dwa ka naam btayein jo leg ke dard ko khatam kar de aur mai hamesha swasth feel karu. Dwa ka naam zarur btayein.
I have essential tremor due to which I sometimes find problem in writing in my office specially while signing or writing nos. What to do? please advice me on this.
Hello doctor I am male 31 year. I feel like my total body shivering and always feel my very heavy in hand. What is the reason kindly advice me. What so I do.
I have nerve problem fribrolgia the nerves if my hands r painful at times also there is tingling sensation & numbness in the fingers of palms & feet.
After a hard day the only relief one has is to get a good night’s rest and drift off to the world of sweet sleep. You might find yourself wide awake at night, even when your body is extremely tired. This difficulty to fall asleep naturally is called insomnia. If this inability to sleep continues for a long time, it becomes a sleep disorder and can cause many physical and health issues.
Reasons behind Insomnia
The lifestyle of the twenty first century can be very demanding. A disorder like Insomnia can be easily triggered with various factors they include:
1. Emotional stress: The rollercoaster of emotions that one deals with had a huge effect on their sleep cycle. A stressed mindset will find it hard to be put to rest and as this unwanted stress continues each day.
2. Fluctuating hormones in a woman’s body: Women tend to be the victims of insomnia more often than their male counterparts. These changes may include conditions such as PMS, menstruation problem, pregnancy and menopause.
3. Use of caffeine and anti depressants: Excessive coffee drinkers might find it difficult to relax their brain, since the caffeine in tea and coffee keeps one brain alert, hence too much of caffeine consumption can be a cause of insomnia. Even smokers might face the same problem since the nicotine acts as an alerting agent.
4. Systemic disorders: Disorders like Asthma and Hyperthyroidism and other various medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, allergies, hyperthyroidism and Parkinson’s disease can do the same.
Treating insomnia with homeopathy
The reason why Insomnia can be treated the best way through homeopathy is because this treatment is both free from any side effects and is quick in its effects as well in comparison to other conventional methods which induce artificial sleep that can have harrowing effects. On the contrary, homeopathy is a completely natural treatment that doesn’t include any artificial drugs and its small doses work just the right way.
1. Coffea Cruda is a homeopathic medicine that is most often used for treating insomnia of acute origin or when the disorder only lasts for a brief moment of time. As the name suggests it is made from coffee beans.
2. Nux Vomica is more suited when insomnia is due to the abuse of stimulants like too much of alcohol, coffee or nicotine. Other medicines such as opium, aconite, arsenic are also recommended by a specialized homeopath.
It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any medication.
Hi sir, before 7 months I had a seizure in sleep. Aftr than 3 days before I had the same. I had an eeg and something is abnormal in the report. Pls tell me what is the cause for that sudden seizure. None in my family has it.
His body is shivering a lot even he raised his hand and he is a the to teller what is the reason of it.
- a person suffering from insomnia wakes up often during night and have trouble in going back to sleep again.
- or wakes up too early in morning
- or failure to maintain sleep
- or difficulty in falling asleep or the person goes late to sleep and feels very tired after waking uo.
Types of insomia- insomnia can be primary or secondary
Primary insomnia- when the sleeplessness is not associated with any kind of health problem it is termed as primary insomnia.
Secondary insomnia- when sleeplessness is associated with some health related problem like depression, asthma, arthritis, cancers it is said to be secondary insomnia.
Insomnia can be acute which is short lasting, where the problem last for one night to few weeks. Or it may be chronic which may last for 3 nights a week for a month or longer.
Some sleep disorders are caused by physical problems, the treatment of which can make sleeplessness disappear. Some are caused by medications and can be resolved by a change of prescriprion. Still others are caused by poor sleep habbits, such as too much napping which can be broken with education and efforts.
Below are some helpful hints for getting a good night rests:-
1. Maintain a regular sleep schedule. Getting up at the same time every morning synchronises the body's biological clock.
2. Keep the bedroom for sleeping. Don not read, watch tv or eat in bed.
3. If you do not fall asleep within 20 mins of going to bed, get up and read or listen to quite music untill you get sleepy.
4. Limit daytime naps.
5. Take 20-30 minutes warm bath before bed.
6. Drink a glass of milk just before bed.(warm or cold)
7. Avoid caffeinated beverages and chocolate in the afternoon and evening.
8. Don't drink alcohol before bed time. It can cause sleeplessness at night.
9. Exercise during the day but not before going to bed.
10. According to Dr. Anna wriz - justice leader of the research team at psychiatric university clinic of chronobiology ans sleep laboratory, switzerland, keeping the hands and feet warm in cold bedroom induces sleep quickly.