Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Damle Sanjay DhundirasYour feedback matters!
My bhabhi is 5 months pregnant this is her 2nd baby. Her problem is that she has gastric and digestion problem she's having headache also from 1 month And she is taking calcium n iron medicine also. So please suggest something.
A majority of women around the world suffer from ovarian cysts at some point in their life or the other. Thus, being diagnosed with a cyst in the ovaries is usually not something to worry about. In most cases, this cyst will disintegrate on its own within a few months. However, if you’re planning a family and trying to conceive, then it is wise to not ignore an ovarian cyst ,but get it checked out by a gynecologist at the earliest.
The connection between cysts and fertility depends on the type of cyst. Ovarian cysts can be categorized into 5 groups.
- Functional Cysts: Functional cysts are the most common type of cyst women suffer from. This can be seen as a sac on the surface of the ovaries and is formed during or after ovulation. Most of these cysts are harmless and fade away on their own. These cysts do not affect a woman’s chances of conceiving a child or pose any risk to a pregnant woman and her unborn child.
- Cysts formed as a result of polycystic ovary syndrome: Women suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) often have small cysts found in their ovaries. Irregular menstrual cycles and fluctuating hormone levels are also associated with PCOS. Irregular menstrual cycles indicate irregular ovulation which can cause fertility problems and make it difficult for a woman to conceive.
- Endometriomas: Cysts formed by the growth of endometrial tissue inside the ovaries are known as Endometriomas. Endometriomas are benign cysts, but are associated with fertility problems. Surgical removal of these cysts can help improve fertility.
- Cystadenomas: These cysts can be described as growth on the surface of the ovaries. They can be benign or malignant and hence should not be ignored. However, they do not create any fertility problems.
- Dermoid cysts: Dermoid cysts are solid cysts that contain tissues, such as skin or hair in place of fluids. These growths are not associated with infertility.
- CA 125 Levels: CA 125 levels should also be done as it is increased in ovarian cancers.
The development of cysts when pregnant is not uncommon. Small cysts are usually placed under observance and left until after the delivery, but cysts that are bigger than 7cm may need to be removed. Large cysts can cause pain to the mother and create difficulties at the time of delivery. Laparoscopic surgery is the preferred form of surgery to remove ovarian cysts. This surgery can be performed at any point in the pregnancy and does not pose any risk to the fetus.
Hi doc I had my anomaly scan on 20th week 3rd day. My baby's weight showed as 371 gms. My gyn told me to watch the weight of the baby. When I asked a junior doc she told it should be around 500gm. So my concern is whether my baby is underweight or is the weight normal. Please somebody help? :(
What is the best time of intercourse in case of healthy fertilisation if the partner has variable length of menstruation cycle.
Hello, doctor I am 23 yrs old with 157cm height and 60 kgs weight, since my menarchy my menstrual cycle is not regular and I get only twice in a year I regularly do abdominal exercises and work up like walking but I am gaining weight and my abdomen is growing day by day. Please do help me.
As I am suffering from period variations .Around 2 to 3 months I did not have periods. So please suggest me suitable medicine.
My friend is 16 years old. She had done oral sex with her BF. Now she is afraid that she would become pregnant because her BF inserted his finger in her vagina after masturbation. Tell me whether she will become pregnant or is there any other remedy?
One of the unique forms of depression is the Seasonal affective disorder which is characterized by the onset of depression with the start of the winter months and a full remission during spring time. Seasonal affective disorder is a form of depression that affects about 1 in 20 people around the world on average. One of the common therapies used to treat this disorder is light therapy.
What is light therapy?
Light therapy is the controlled exposure to specific amounts of bright light on a daily basis as a medicinal tool to correct depression and other mental disorders. It has been noticed that the lack of exposure to lights may trigger certain mental disorders within patients and controlled exposure to bright light over a stipulated period of time every day may be able to correct this effectively.
How it works?
Brightness within the daily world is usually measured with the unit of lux. For all types of artificial lights, the measure of luminosity is estimated via this unit. Human beings have an automatic trigger where low light levels for continued periods may cause depression. A clear sunny day outdoors will have a measurement of 10,000 lux and this is the recommended dosage for exposure for people suffering from depression.
It has been seen in studies that people with severe forms of Seasonal Affective disorder responded well to this therapy. They were treated 30 minutes daily with light exposure and over time the study showed that it significantly improved the moods of the people.
Some of the reasons why light therapy proves to be an effective treatment option for SAD include:
- It resets the circadian rhythm - Controlled exposure to light will trigger the hormones that control the circadian rhythms or the daily rhythms of sleeping and walking cycles and thus will help reduce depression.
- It triggers neurotransmitter function - Light exposure triggers certain neurotransmitter functions which work like an antidepressant and thus relieves stress or other internal functions that may cause depression.
- Results in an increase in serotonin levels - This hormone is very important for mood elevation and is known to rise with increased light levels and decrease with low light levels. Controlled exposure can definitely help improve serotonin levels for lessening depression symptoms.
Related Tip: Do People Really Suffer from Mood Disorders?