Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DaisyYour feedback matters!
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence.
Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
- Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
- Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
- Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
- Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self-confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
- Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colors or the ability of coloring within the lines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My 1 month old baby has mucus in stool and he has pus cell 10-12/hpf in stool and there is little bit of blood in his stool. What can we do for his early recovery?
My 11 months old baby is suffering from cold badly. She face difficulty to breathe while sleep and taking feed. What to do?
in todays world it is almost imposssible to always avoid the allergen, so the better option is to strengthen the body to fight against these.
Ayurveda advocates certain daily regimens which can help in this.
1.Proper oral hygiene has to be maintained. Practice tooth brushing at morning and before bedtime. Ensure proper mouth wash after every meal.
2. Pratimarsh nasya - This is the practise of instilling oil in the nose. This can be practised easily by an individual. Instill 4-5 drops of sesame oil daily in each nostril and inhale deeply. This has to be practiced early in the morning.
3.Make a habit of applying Rasnadi powder (An ayurvedic medicated poweder) over the vertex immediately after bath and also at bedtime. Avoid sleeping directly under the fan or other cooling sources.
4. Intake of buttermilk processed with turmeric poder, curry leaves, ginger is also useful.
5. Add ginger, garlic esentially in all meals.
6. Yogic practices like breathing exercises can support the lung capacity and cleansing practices like neti can help in developing desensitization to allergens.
7. Drinking water should be boiled with cumin seeds and always consumed as lukewarm.
8. Oil massage before bath can help a lot. Sesame oil can be used for this, for those having frequent episodes of chest congestion muatard oil will give better results. Take bath in warm water only.
Constipation in children is a common pediatric health issue mostly arising due to early toilet training and having an inadequate diet. Most cases of this condition do not last for long and can be easily treated.
Constipation in children is mainly caused by the following factors:
- Lack of fiber content in their diet caused due to an aversion to veggies, often result in constipation in children.
- Withholding stool: Your child may be holding his bowel movements in because of stress with toilet training. This maybe because he/she doesn't want to defecate in the school bathroom or in other places. Often if it hurts to poop once, the child might withhold his bowel movements and this leads to a vicious cycle.
- Side effects of certain medications.
- In rare cases, children facing abuse may develop constipation.
You will know your child has constipation if the following occurs:
- Your child spends a lot of time while defecating
- Your child complains of difficulty with bowel movement
- Bloating and stomach pain
- Soiling accidents
A combination of the following approaches helps in treating constipation in children:
- See to it that your child eats all his vegetables and fruits. Include more fibrous vegetables and fruits in the diet. Include food containing probiotics like yoghurt.
- Use a stool softener: While using a stool softener the most common mistake is to apply too much or too little amount of the concoction. Carefully use the right amount of stool softener for relieving your child of constipation.
- Ensure that your child has a lot of fluids in his/her diet. Fluids help to hydrate the body and lubricate the digestive system.
- Look into the fact that you child has regular toilet hours. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!