Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D'silvaYour feedback matters!
I am a female of 21 years old am not having a continuous period cycles foram about 6 months and I usually do masturbation did there any relation between masturbation and period cycle?
I am a Female. My weight is 68 kg (few months ago it was 64 kg). I have not got my menstruation from last two months. I am sure that I am not Pregnant. So, I would like to ask that- is increasing weight responsible for irregular menstruation? And what can I do for overcoming this problem? Is there any other reason behind it? Please let me know!
I am 19 years old. Me n my boyfriend met in a theatre n we masturbated together, he touched my clitoris with finger but he didn't enter my vagina we didn't intercourse ,i in sitting position in theatre hall ,is there any chance of getting pregnant. How much chances are there, n my period date is 2 days later. Please answer.
I am 3 months pregnant and I have lot of pain in my lower back. What should I do? And please suggest a diet plan.
20 year old female here. Missed my periods. It's been 17 days since the due date. Did 3 pregnancy test. They came negative. My bf never ejaculated inside. We did have unprotected sex. I had vaginal infections in between and took taxim upon consultation. What is the reason for my missed periods. And what is the cost of a blood test for pregnancy.
But am not married and am not pregnant so I just wanted to know why they have written about pregnancy normal range in my report.
I have polycystic ovarian cyst in uterus. So my menstruation cycle is once in 2 or 3 months. What treatment should I do?
My mother aged 45 had a problem of heavy period bleeding after which she consulted a gynae and she gave her primolut n medicine which controlled the condition. Few days back consulted another gynaecologist. She wrote some tests such as pelvic ultrasound, pap smear, endometrial biopsy .the results of the tests came clear. Only ultrasound shown bulky uterus with small fibroids and level of prolactin serum high .after which she suggested some vitamin medicines and said to continue primolut n only from 5th day of month. She stopped taking primolut. And after 2-3 days again the problem of abdomen pain and bleeding is happening. Please help and suggest some solution immediately.
Hello Sir/Madam, I'm 25 year old girl, it has been 4 years that I have been suffering from PCOS. I have consulted a gynaecologist and she has given me some medicines that I have been having through in the past 4 years. The problem I'm having is that my hair is thinning from top of head and even in volume. I know if I lose weight my symptoms will improve but if I lose weight will I totally get rid of PCOS? Also I wanted to know that if I do homemade hair cleansers like fenugreek seeds with curd mask or reetha shikakai amla masks will these help in regaining my hair volume and thick hair both from top of head and in total volume or will I never get back? Please kindly guide me. Also when will I get to know that I have overcome and have gotten rid of PCOS?
Peanuts are rich in monounsaturated fats, the sort of fat that is added to a healthy heart diet. However, just as peanuts have loads of benefits, they come with certain disadvantages too. The advantages of peanuts are as follows:
- Peanuts are a rich source of antioxidants: Not only do peanuts contain oleic acid, but also the energizing fat found in olive oil and is a rich form of cell regeneration. The regeneration material is very helpful in avoiding many types of cancers. For example, as preventive agents, simmered peanuts do equal amount of recovery and regeneration as blackberries and strawberries. These are far more efficient than apples, carrots or beets.
- Peanuts are key to heart health benefits: Just as peanuts are good cancer preventing agents, dangers of death from cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases can also be avoided with their help.
- Peanuts reduce the risk of stroke based on preliminary animal studies: Resveratrol is a substance, which was initially found in red grapes and red wine. However, now it is also available in peanuts. This phytonutrient has been said to enhance the blood flow in the brain by as much as 30 percent. It enormously diminishes the danger of a stroke or a heart attack.
- It can prevent Diabetes: According to a recent study, a serving of peanut can lower the risk of diabetes by 21%. This can be attributed to the presence of manganese, a mineral that plays an important role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption and blood sugar regulation.
- It also prevents Gallstone formation: Consumption of peanuts can help prevent gallstones. According to studies, eating an ounce of peanuts or peanut butter can lower the risk of developing gallstones by 25%.
- IKnown to improve memory: Peanuts are often called the “brain food” as they contain Vitamin B3 or niacin which improves brain functioning and boosts memory. They also contain a flavonoid called resveratrol which helps in improving blood flow to the brain by 30%.
- Offers a number of anti ageing Benefits: Peanuts contain Vitamin C and Vitamin E which can prevent signs of ageing like wrinkles, spots and fine lines. They also contain resveratrol, a potent anti-ageing phytochemical also found in grapes and red wine. Being a powerful antioxidant, it is great for your skin, providing anti ageing benefits as well.
- Fuels growth: Peanuts are rich in proteins, so the amino acids present in them are good for proper growth and development of body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hi I am 28 years old meri shadi ko 3 saal ho gaye hai eggs 21 tak bante hai kya I will be pregnant,conceive nahi ho pata.
Your inner health and its link to the heart and Ojas: According to Ayurveda, the heart is believed to be the seat of the ‘Ojas.’ You might be wondering that what Ojas is then. Well, Ojas is a term given to the substance that maintains life. It is responsible for maintaining the bliss and longevity of life. Ayurveda believes that heart can be protected by increasing the ojas. Therefore, the well-being of an individual is directly related to the ojas and condition of his or her heart.
Your inner health can only be improved by maintaining the health of the heart and ojas. Ayurveda suggests that heart can be well kept by boosting fat metabolism and digestion within the body. Therefore, a mixture of herbs is recommended to keep the heart healthy by nourishing the blood, and improving the functioning of heart muscles. Individuals who lead a sedentary life and live on fast-food diet are at risk of developing severe cardiovascular diseases. Ayurvedic treatments offer relief to such persons and ensure the well-being of their hearts and ojas. An authentic Ayurvedic herb mixture improves the health of your heart and inner-health in the following ways:
- It increases the ojas and the power of fighting back diseases
- Nourishes the muscles and tissues of the heart walls
- Improves circulation of the blood through all channels or the shrotas
- Betters the coordination between mind and body
- Enhances fat metabolism and overall digestion, avoids accumulation of excess cholesterol
Tips for good inner health
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
- Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
- Be happy. Happiness is the ultimate medicine for the good heart.
- Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
- Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
- While eating, ensure that the atmosphere around is absolutely peaceful and serene.
- Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
- Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
- Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes. Intake of raw tobacco or getting addicted to drugs is also harmful for the heart.
- Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Work-out and exercise on regular basis.
- Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions.
- Maintain a peaceful environment inside your home.
- Avoid eating pungent food items. They increase anger in you.
- Avoid excessive stressful and emotionally draining works or interactions.
- If you are stressed, take an Ayurvedic massage with herbal oils.
- Go for meditation to relieve yourself from the stress and strains of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
My periods are 2 days late , I checked on I can preg check but it's pregnancy negative . But I am scared . I don't want to be pregnant now . Please advice ?
I am slim but I am not strong enough n not having energy. What should I have to eat and become strong? I want I diet script for fitness. And what exercise to be done daily for body fitness. And I also want yoga tips. And from 2 3 days I am not able to eat any thing its all coming out through vomit. And I am having constipation problem also. What medicine you wil prescribe me n what natural food should I eat? And evn in periods I bleed alot and my stomach pains alot? What should I do for that also. And I am realy very irritated just because of my headache.
I have tangling sensation in my vagina and it hurts when I pee and I'm mensuration. I've become sexually active recently. What shall I do?
4-5 minutes post embryo transfer (ivf) I puked n coughed. Nurse told me to control n not to puke, itl strain but I did. Now im scared.
Hello my name is richa shukla. I am 24 years old. My period date was 15 april but I take regestrone two times a day to delay periods from april 12 to april 20 and from april 15 to april 22 I have sex with my husband and I take two unwanted 72 tablets with in this period of time. But my period came on 30 april but it is less than usual and it came during day but absent in night and it lasts only in 3 days. What is this? Is there is any problem or any pregnancy?
A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and is often accompanied by the removal of the ovaries. In such cases, women are said to experience surgical menopause. This is because the ovaries are the main producers of estrogen. Surgical menopause is usually more severe than natural menopause as there is a sudden drop in estrogen levels. Estrogen is responsible for a number of functions that affect the brain, bones, skin, heart and blood vessels.
Hormone therapy is often advised to counteract this loss of estrogen.
There are two main types of Hormonetherapy:
- Hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin
- Hormone therapy with only estrogen
The former is advisable for women suffering from surgical menopause. Like any other form of treatment, it has its pros and cons.
- It protects young women from diseases associated with menopause: A hysterectomy is usually performed on women under the age of 50. In such cases, Hormone replacement therapy can protect the women from heart diseases. Removing ovaries before menopause can also increase the risk of Parkinson's disease and dementia.Hormone replacement therapy can help negate these risks.
- Reverse menopausal symptoms: Menopause is associated with a number of symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia. Hormone replacement therapy can help treat these symptoms and give you a better quality of life.
- Other health benefits: Hormone replacement therapy can also help fight osteoporosis and strengthen bones. It is also known to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Side effects: Hormone replacement therapy interferes with the natural Hormone production. Thus, it can cause a number of problems such as premenstrual syndrome, swollen breasts, headaches and nausea.
- Increased risk of health issues: Though the odds are low, Hormone replacement therapy can increase your risk of having a stroke or heart attack. It has also been suggestively linked to breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Thus, the choice of whether to have or not to have Hormone replacement therapy after surgical menopause is not easy to make. You must consider factors such as your age, lifestyle, family medical history and habits while making this decision. Do not rush into a decision and take your time. Talk to your doctor about the amount of medication needed and the delivery method most suited to you. Hormone replacement therapy can be taken in the form of pills, a patch, gel, vaginal cream or a slow releasing suppository. This should also be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.