Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. D'silvaYour feedback matters!
What would you recommend for an effective PCOS (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) diet to prevent the typical symptoms of Bacne, excessive hair, on body, weight and hormonal swings?
Hello! my wife is feeling immense pain in her breast as she has stopped breast feeding our 18 months old son, what she should do?
When you’re trying to conceive a baby, waiting for your next period can be a test of patience. If your menstrual cycle varies from month to month or if you haven’t been keeping track of your cycle dates you may not even be sure of when your period is to begin. However, a missed period is not the only sign of pregnancy. Here are ten others signs to watch out for.
- Sensitive nipples: As your hormone levels increase so does the blood supply to the breasts and nipples. This can make you feel extra sensitivity in the form of a tingling sensation around the nipples.
- Nausea: Morning sickness affects most pregnant women but some women are spared this experience. Morning sickness can start as early as four weeks into the pregnancy and is marked by feelings of queasiness and an urge to vomit. Despite its name, morning sickness can affect a woman at any time of the day.
- Frequent urination: A combination of surging hormones and a higher volume of blood in the body can make your kidneys work extra hard. From the 6th week of pregnancy onwards, women find themselves urinating more frequently. This may also be accompanied by a burning sensation.
- Food cravings: Cravings for ice cream, pickles etc. is often joked about when it comes to pregnancy, but this can be one of the first signs of pregnancy. After conceiving a baby, a woman is likely to go off certain flavours even though they may be things she liked otherwise. You may also notice a metallic taste in your mouth and change in your sensitivity to the smell of things as well.
- Tiredness: As the body gears up to nurture a growing foetus, mothers find themselves abnormally tired. Pregnancy hormones also add to this feeling along with making you upset and emotional. This fatigue is often highest in the first and third trimester.
- Darker nipples: Pregnancy hormones can also cause changes in the appearance of your skin. One of the first noticeable changes is darkening of the nipples. Your nipples may also become more erect and the bumps around them may become more pronounced.
- Spotting: It is easy to mistake light bleeding for a period, but if you are pregnant this is known as implantation bleeding. The reason for this spotting is not known but it occurs as the fertilised egg settles into the uterus. This spotting may also be accompanied by mild cramps.
- Bloating: Pregnancy hormones can make you feel bloated especially in the abdominal area. This feeling is similar to the feeling some women have just before their menstrual cycle begins.
- Mood swings: Pregnancy hormones affect neurotransmitters in the brain. For some women, this can cause heightened emotions while for others it can lead to depression and anxiety.
- High basal body temperature: Basal temperature refers to your lowest body temperature and is usually taken as soon as you wake up. If your basal temperature has been higher than normal for more than two weeks consecutively, it may be a sign that you are pregnant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hi doctor I want to loose my weight because I have pcod multiple ovarian cyst 4 mm to 7 mm. Doing 1 hour walking and 30 mins yoga now I lost 6 kg. Current weight 62 kg now height 5.3. So tell me how much walking I have to increase please tell me.
Mam I have a sex problem my husband have no problem but my body language not encouraged for sex last 2 years I will try to be pregnant but no result are there my reports are normal my periods are not properly come. Tell me the best soln.
I have done serum beta hcg blood test today .as my period date was 8th n I was not getting in period. Reports are negative. Which is showing that I m.not pregnant. So wht should I do now to get into periods. N if reports are negative. Is there any chances of getting pregnant. Is it the perfect test to get sure about pregnancy?
Hello. I and my girl friend want to do sex. She has regular cycles for every 27 days. Which days are safest for sex in order to prevent pregnancy.
Hey, I am sam 18 years old so as my gf we had sex in her last periods days and after that WITHOUT PROTECTION and I don't let my semen go inside but as we have done sex 5-10 times some very small quantity of sperm would get in that time. Do we have any problem with that or anything you can advice on avoiding pregnancy? Please reply soon.
Have you ever wondered about a situation in life– when you went to an important meeting or interview, well-prepared, still you fail to give a confident handshake or a smile, conveying an unnecessary bad impression? These incidences may indicate that you are suffering from lack of self-confidence, deep down in your surface.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo shares that the best way to develop self-confidence is not to act confident or to depend on mental diversions but to get rid of the unhealthy mental habits. Here are some unknown habits that can kill self-confidence:-
Being perfectionist can act both for and against the person. It can improve life skills like ability to scrutinize, revise and to maintain mental alertness for a task on the same time too much of perfectionism can develop conditional self-esteem. People tend to like themselves when they do well and they forget that nobody can do well, all the time.
To combat perfectionism, person should try to get rid of the “shoulds” and give themselves credit for trying. They should stop seeing mistakes as a disaster and should try to focus on the bigger picture and find more compassionate ways to view the situation.
THINKING ABOUT FAILURE
Some people develop a mental habit to look at life through the lenses of failure. Such a mental habit acts like a self-fulfilling prophecy. The person may start to act in an insecure manner that doesn’t inspire the confidence of potential bosses or customers, or they may start do a careless job because they know their work isn’t good anyway. To overcome a mind-set of failure the person needs to start accepting that every new opportunity in life is a fresh start and it holds a chance to learn from previous mistakes and act differently.
I have fungus over vagina? I tried many formulations from azole family. But no use. Please suggest what should I do?
I am 22 years my marriage is completed with one year I want to get pregnant my husband live in aboard recently he came we do regular sex my menstrual cycle did not have any problem I convince pregnancy I can't understand what is problem please help me out.
Hey folks ; I am 27 year old girl. And my question is that my boyfriend insist me for anal sex and oral sex. Due to which some time his sperm I take on my mouth. Although he is doing natural sex very well. Please. Tell. Me this anal. Sex and. Oral sex s dangerous and how should I take protection?
After missing the period. We gone for urine pregnancy test but result is Negative. What could be the reason. Consumption of folic acid will be fine na. We are planning for baby.
I have tsh -9.14 and t3, t4 or normal. I asked to have thyronorm 75mg evry day in the morning. So I started having the tabs since 15 days. Before having tabs my periods were regular. But now I was delayed on period. So do the tablets delays the period or is this a symbol of of pregnancy. Im tensed a lot, please confirm me. I got my last period on march 4, where I supposed to get my period on April 02, but till today I dint have my period.
Hi sir / Madam I have one girl friend So we are doing sex sometimes. Actually problem is my GF's Virginia dirty smell that time. So what can do.
I am 48 years female having osteopenia and reached menopause for 2 yrs. Have gas problem and uterus fibroid. What home remedy should I have?
I am 19 years old female and I am not able to get my periods from past 2 months! I did pregnancy tests too but they remain negative. I do not know what is going on and why I am not getting my periods! please help. Or suggest me some pills or something which would help me to get my periods.
Hello doctors I have a problem in urine a blood is coming from urine &its pain full what can I do pls suggest I am a male 30 years this problem is last 10 days when I have discharge in bed its pain starts pls help.
Knowing This Can Help You Prevent Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.