Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D.M. Takkar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. D.M. TakkarYour feedback matters!
Pain in left eye as if something is crawling at the end of eye. And a severe headache starting from left side going all over the head.
I'm a 20 year old male. I have shortsighted problem since one year I wear glasses. I want to remove my glasses. What should I do?
I have two problems to ask 1) what is glaucoma and how to identify. Please advise Remedy or precaution. 2) my legs gets swelling very often. What could be the reason/s.
One of the most prevalent of the diabetes-related eye diseases is glaucoma. In fact, people with diabetes are between 40% and 50% more likely to develop glaucoma than non-diabetics.
Glaucoma causes the pressure within the eye to increase gradually, damaging the optic nerve and leading to partial or complete vision loss. The exact mechanisms for this are unknown. While there are several types of glaucoma, the most common form is open-angle glaucoma.
The eye is full of fluid which continually refreshes. Normally, fluid drains at a point in the eye where the iris and the cornea meet. If this opening becomes even partially blocked the fluid drains out of the eye too slowly, even as new fluid is added. This backup of fluid causes an increase in pressure within the eye, damaging the optic nerve.
Open-angle glaucoma does not cause any symptoms until the disease is well-advanced. By that time, vision is impacted, with loss of peripheral vision first, advancing to tunnel vision and then total vision loss as the disease progresses.
The goal of treatment is to lower intraocular pressure. This can be approached one of three ways: lower eye pressure, improve drainage of fluid from the eye or decrease the volume of fluid produced within the eye.
There are a variety of eye drops that may be prescribed.
Prostaglandins (xalatan, lumigan) and cholingeric agents (isopto carbine and isopto carbachol) act to increase outflow of fluid from within the eye.
Beta blockers (betimol, timoptic, betoptic) and carbonic anhydrase inhibitors (trusopt, azopt) reduce the production of fluid within the eye.
Alpha-adrenergic agonists (iopidine, alphagan) both lessen fluid production and increase fluid outflow.
Physicians may prescribe a combination of the above.
Oral medications may also be prescribed, if eye drops alone are not sufficient. These are usually in the form of a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor.
If medications are not sufficient to halt progression of the disease, then surgery might be necessary.
Drainage implants might be inserted within the eyes to facilitate drainage.
Laser surgery, known as laser trabeculoplasty, can be done to open clogged drainage canals.
Filtering surgery, known as trabeculectomy, removes a small piece of tissue from the location of the drainage canals, widening the opening and improving drainage.
The best possible treatment for glaucoma is prevention. Everyone above 40 years of age should have an eye exam at least every three years. Diabetics should have a dilated examination of their eyes annually.
Well-controlled blood sugar level are another preventive measure that will lessen the odds of developing glaucoma.
My mother is 40 years old problem of eye she is see at day time first thing looking dazzling. And my mother also found patient of diabetes. How to improve eye problem please give advice due.
Problems in vision are a common occurrence these days; various factors such as spending a lot of time looking at smartphones and computers are a major cause of these problems. There are various natural remedies which can help you improve your eyesight, they are:
- Wash, especially after coming back from outside, your eyes regularly: Washing your eyes regularly with water helps in clearing out debris from the eyes and relaxing the eye muscles.
- Eat Healthy: Eating a healthy diet that has lots of fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes as they contain important nutrients such as vitamin A. You should include foods such as carrots, fish oil, cabbage and eggs in your diet.
- Carrots: Carrots are a good source of phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A and iron which are very good for your eyesight. You may consume carrot in the form of juices or salads.
- Almonds and other nuts:Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for the eyes.
- Walk barefoot: Walking barefoot on green grass is therapeutic for your eyes as it enhances your eye power. It is recommended you walk early in the morning to get maximum benefits.
- Eye exercises: You should do various eye exercise to improve your eyesight as these exercises help in rejuvenating muscles of the eye. The muscles in the eye are strengthened which leads to better vision.
- Triphala remedy: This is a treatment that combines three herbal fruits which treat various eye disorders, eye weaknesses and hair problems. Triphala helps in eliminating toxins from your body and make your eyes healthy.
- Reduce screen time - avoid extra working hours on computers and mobiles as far as possible. Especially playing video games. This can save you from computer vision syndrome.
- Avoid frequent rubbing of eyes - this habit can lead to frequent infections and shedding of eyelashes . Also, this is one of the causes of dark circles.
- Proper sleep - Importance of proper rest to the eyes cannot be denied and is equally important in general wellbeing.
Lastly, if anything is bothering your eyes seek help immediately before the problem increases. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!