Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Hello I am suffering from far sightedness and my spactles power is as:- Right eye= -2.25 Left eye= -1.50 Please tell me how can I improve my eye sight.
I am suffering from uric acid which remain in control when I CONSUME good quantity of water. Secondly my left eye has a glaucoma problem eye pressure is much less and I Can't see a meter distance. Is there any treatment to normal vision or clear vision. Kindly suggest me, B. P. Remain little high.
I have under gone a cataract operation but now after months I feel itching and redness in that eye. What should I do?
I have eye sight problem but I dnt like using specs. Then what are the other ways overcoming this. please help me.
Dear doctors I am having problem that my eyes are becoming yellow so what should I do for whitening.
I have an eye problem. I m using negative lenses. Can I remove lenses permanently by using exercise? Then what exercise is good for me.
Sir/maam my eye sight is too weak. Its 0.75 both side. I want to improve my eye sight. Please sir/maam any redemy or exercise for this? Please.
Hi, I am 23 years old and I have serious dark circle problem and earlier I had an injury near one eye , now injury is gone but it left a scar what should I do to take care of both i.e. Dark circles and scar that left?
I am suffering from eyes infection that are red and got swelled and continuous water is coming out what to do ?
I, am 63 years old, my right eye become infected with herpes symplex virus in march 2014. It was treated with antiviral pills, gel and drops. I, still suffer with tearing, pain and sometimes slight redness in the eye. I use f. M. L. Eye drop for 1-2 days. I get relief for some days only. Please advice me what to do. Thanks
My eye sight is - 2 so what I do ? Regularly I used my speticals. My eye sight was not clear. Please advise.
Hello eye doctors, can you please help on this, under eyes I have black, my color is whitish its visible clearly, can you please suggest me any cream or remedy for get rid of this black spot under the eye.
Hi doctor's, I having weight 58 kg & height 5'6" I am facing problem of head pain only half head of right side & only one eye pain of only right side only. What to do? Thank you.
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.