Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Choksi NitinYour feedback matters!
Hi Is tegreitol 200 mg a cure for bruxcisim? how many years we have to take? will this medicine affet gamma gt level. Before this, was taking censopramplus10 past21 months
How to get whiter teeth by home remedies? I am having uneven teeth because of that my teeth looks bad n yellow.
I speak very fast. How I can improve it? Is any treatment is there? What is the problem in my mouth? Give me solutions.
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums.
I'm currently under orthodontics treatment in my own college since last 5 months for slight overcrowding and twisted lateral incisors in mandibular arch. I noticed no effects of the treatment. Proximal stippling was done between premolars. I had no periodontal problems earlier. I maintain proper oral hygiene. Rectangular wire was placed 5 days ago. Today I noticed my gingiva to be edematous above the molar tubes in maxillary right quadrant. I do not wish to continue with the treatment since there are no visible effects on the tooth that was twisted. I had explained this to the concerned staff before rectangular wire was placed. They simply want to complete the case with or without prognosis and results. Is it necessary to complete the treatment? They are not willing to remove the braces without full payment. Is it possible for me to remove the braces in some other private clinic? I've noticed my teeth have become more sensitive since the treatment started. Please kindly.
I was sick last two weeks with mouth ulcer and feverish. After two weeks also feeling very tired. Could not do any work continuously. Please help me.
If the lower wisdom tooth does not have space to come out properly and half has come out and the tooth has ruptured can we go for RCT.
Saving a fallen tooth can be useful. Try to keep it in place while you seek immediate medical attention. If that is not the case, try wrapping the tooth in a piece of plastic or soaking it in to milk and call for immediate dental service.