Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chitney'SYour feedback matters!
He always eats what is on the floor. Anything which we give he puts in the mouth. Is this a common problem. Or else my child has some problem. What is the solution for it? Any tonic.
My 11 month old son has had a phlegmy cough for over a week now. His only other symptoms are sneezing more frequently, and he's been a little more irritable than normal. No fever, no runny or stuffy nose. Its been hot here so we have the air conditioning on most of the day, and a fan at night. His cough seems to be at its worse in the evening and throughout the night. He will go hours between coughing and is otherwise normal. What could be the cause of his cough?
My 5 years daughter is suffering from scabies as diagnosed by dermatologist, tried with gamma benzene hexachloride & centromere lotions as directed by doctors even after 15 days the symptoms have worsen kindly help.
My 1 year old son is very low in weight. Only 7.3 kg. He likes to breastfeed and does not take cows milk. Does not eat much. Should I wean (stop breastfeeding) him to increase his appetite. Or along with breastfeed how to improve his weight my milk feed supply is average.
My 35 days old baby daughter doesn't takes burp after her feed and after that she pukes. What should I do?
My son, 2.5 years old. His head circumstance is small about 40centimtrs. He understood every thinks what we say and he do every actions in corect time but he doesn't speak all words and sentens. Only some words he speak now eg mummy, daddy, water etc. And the main problem is noticed that some times he do some activities repeatedly. That is eg of he open the door then closed then open then closed again again and another he step down then up and down then up again and again. Doctor, I think his brain is not developed as his age. Any solution for this disease. Please share me details. So thank you.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"