Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. chiragYour feedback matters!
How to take your food on time so just maintain our teeth what is our fruit n food and what about sleep.
My teeth is yellow type and I am daily brush through cleaning but over yellow dag is not go to you have any suggestions given to me please.
If I go for root canal treatment for front 6 teeth, is there a chance of falling the teeth any time because it looks awkard, whether they will look like artificial teeth. Please suggest me which type of teeth I should go for, which one is long lasting teeth, ceramic teeth is good or else no.
Hello, I am 34 year old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minut I need to water. What should I do ?
My back teeth is chipping away into small bits when I eat hard food. Two teeth have been damaged in the past 1 week. What could be the reason?
I have pain in my teeth for last 3 days and my age is 25 years and at this time my teeth grow. Please advise.
Dairy products, soft breads, softer grains, seafood and soft meat, soft cooked vegetables and many more are braces friendly foods
Gum diseases can be treated and reversed in their initial stages very easily. By getting the accumulated tartar and plaque removed by a dentist, there is a chance that they can get better without much ado.
I have yellow teeth. I asked doctors but they told me that their nature is yellow. Can I have white teeth suggest.
I am 42 years old and I have a problem of sensitivity in my teeth. Which is the best medicine for that to cure them.
If someone has a loose molar teeth and have toothache often, what medicine should be given to the patient?
There is a mouth ulcer that's not getting cured. Have used a medicated gel and also took medicines but still no relief.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"