Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chinmay V. RaoYour feedback matters!
I am regularly bash my teeth but bad smell this problem since 3 year sir pls how to solve my problem
I usually gets mouth sores(white) once or twice in a month. Please advice me what should I do to get rid off from this problem.
I have some teeth problem my age 24 running and may last teeth will be grow up is it normal thing was it growing teeth is? And it was pain full so I can put out teeth from may mouth.
I am suffering from teeth problem. I have no cavity till but sometime feel cavity like pain below some teeth. I regularly brush my teeth from my childhood once a day. But 7-8 years ago I have cleaned my teeth by a dentist friend and after then I am suffering from cold feel in my teeth even when I inhale a long breath from mouth it feels very cold so that I even can't think of eating ice cream. I often drunk very hot coffee and tea but now a days it also unbearable for my teeth to take very hot things and even chewing hard things also making feeling like sour type pain in jaw's teeth since last month. What should I do?
I have a 4 wisdom tooth which makes my life completely changed and it is the biggest problem that I have facing it in my life. I have 2 tooth removed but yet the problem is not stopped now in my mouth and its not work like before. please give me a good advice how I completely get rid of it.
Why do I get these small white painful spots on the inside of my lips after every few weeks? They make brushing and all the other activities of the mouth painful. What are they?
I have tiny black spots of cavity in my back tooth. It is in very early stage. I want ask how i can stop or remove them.
At the time of brush, blood starts leaking just a small touch of brush to the gums. Is that any solution to prevent the blood leakage from the gums?
You can exercise for healthier gums as well. Gently bite down so as to make sure that your teeth make a clinking sound when they meet. Repeat this 30 to 40 times continuously. This exercise will stimulate the flow of blood and will keep your gums healthy.
Every month I suffer with mouth bubbles atleast for a week. What should I do to avoid the mouth bubbles?
I am experiencing frequent tooth pain. Started recently. Though I am easing my pain by using clove but it's temporary. The aching tooth is decayed since I was 12.
Hi Doc, its been two days I can not open my mouth properly as I feel pain near angular region of lips. What should I do to cure it?
I am 24 year I have yellow teeth even I do brush daily how to get rid of yellow spot and make teeth white.
I have started root canal treatment on 28 Dec & temporary filled but I don't continue this Is any side effects of temporary filling.
I am 28 years old male and undergone a rootcanal treatment for upper left last 2 molars. I am still feeling some sensitivity while drinking cold water. Please suggest me what to do?
Hello madam/sir, I am putting braces on teeth before that doctor as put some rubber kind of material in my mouth from last 2 days, which is paining terrible to me, so will you please suggest me some medicine or exercise.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.