Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chetna UdegiYour feedback matters!
Can soup be a complete dinner by itself?
Soups are normally the first thing you order at a restaurant, followed by at least two other meal courses. The universally accepted appetizer takes a backseat when contemplating dinner. But can it be considered a complete dinner meal in itself?
To rightly be considered as dinner, a soup must not only be filling, but must also be correct on the calorie chart. Hearty soups like Russian Borsch, Vietnamese pho, and Italian Minestrone are considered as main courses. They have an apt mix of vegetables, protein and carbohydrates in a single bowl. Thick soups that carry not only the broth, but also toppings that make them sumptuous, can be had as your dinner.
These kind of all-in-one soups, that carry a number of condiments on their side, and ingredients in them, are also a great way of utilizing leftovers. For fussy eaters, a lot of ingredients can be blended well and masked in the form of soup. It is a perfect comfort food, which can be easily cooked, and is loved by almost everyone. It also carries benefits for people who want to lose weight.
Home-made soups are much healthier than the ready-to-drink packet ones as the packet ones have starch and few other ingredients which are not healthy. Another important thing is the time of having these soups. It should be preferred that soups should be taken as early as possible in the evenings, latest by 7:00pm, if at home and 8:00pm if having dinner out as it has salt content which can lead to water retention in the body if consumed too late. The soup can be coupled with freshly cut salad without any creams or fat content.
The calories in a soup can range from 20 to 100 approximately, depending upon the density and the additives. However, the usual by-the-sides like breadsticks, potatoes, rice crackers, naan bread, tofu croutons, creme fraiche, or even a spoonful of pesto etc. increase the calorie content and hence should be avoided.
So the next time you stress about what to cook for dinner, just pick up some vegetables off the shelf, or meat, and blend your way through an easy,nutritious and yummy dinner choice.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hello doctor After intercourse my sperm coming out from her vagina what should I do to avoid this problem please suggest me. Is it my problem are her how can I solve this issue. Thanks and regards.
I had my periods on 1.5. 2016 and I had use contraceptive pill to prevent pregnancy and again I got periods on 16.5. 2016 and having back pain can I know the reason.
Sir. I have a doubt in my heart that I have a little big testicles. From last 2 to 3 year they are same they are not growing big. But I thing that I am sufferings from hydrocele problem. If it is hydrocele will it affect my life . Will it affect my partner in conceiving for pregnancy. And how. In that case my sperm count is good.
Hello doctor. I got my periods 3 days before but there is no bleeding. Only Lil bit of brown discharge is found. What to do?
Sir, is girls get pregnant bt taking boys sperm in her mouth. If yes then how I get control over it! Any method.
I am 20 years old unmarried female. I had sex with my boyfriend few days back. And as far as I think the sperms didn't go inside me. And moreover I think that I have missed my periods. Can you please tell me that is it possible that I am pregnant. We didn't use any condom or other precautions. My dates for the periods have just missed a day may be. Please help.
What is the chance of an abortion not happening completely with medications and what are the risks.Please tell.
Whole soy foods can protect against disease,
Provide nutritional benefits, and taste great in a
Variety of dishes! learn what makes soy so
Healthful, and ways to use this versatile food.
One of the healthiest changes you can make to
Your diet is to incorporate whole soy foods on a
Regular basis. Soy:
1. Is rich in protein, iron and compounds called
Isoflavones, which seem to protect against
Hormone-driven cancers such as prostate cancer
In men and breast cancer in women.
2. Helps protect your heart.
3. May help protect against lung cancer.
I recommend one to two daily servings of soy in
Relatively whole and unrefined forms such as a
Half-cup of tofu, tempeh, green soybeans
(edamame) or roasted soy nuts. You can also
Easily swap meat for tofu in dishes - baked tofu
Works well as a meat replacement in fajitas, stir
Fries and casseroles.
Natural home remedies for Insomnia
Insomnia can become a real nightmare as the clock ticks on into the night and you ’re awake to notice. Try these natural approaches to help you get some rest
Before- bed bites
• Have a slice of turkey or chicken , or a banana before heading to bed . These foods contain tryptophan , an amino acid that ’s used to make serotonin . And serotonin is a brain chemical that helps you sleep .
• Carbohydrates help trytophan enter the brain. Try a glass of warm milk (milk contains tryptophan ) and a cookie , or warm milk with a spoonful of honey .
• Avoid big meals late in the evening. You need three to four hours to digest a big meal.
• Spicy or sugary food, even at suppertime , is usually a bad idea. Spices can irritate your stomach , and when it tosses and turns, so will you . Having a lot of sugary food—especially chocolate, which contains caffeine— can make you feel jumpy .
Call on herbs for help
• Valerian helps people fall asleep faster without the “ hangover ” affect of some sleeping pills. It binds to the same receptors in the brain that tranquilizers such as diazepam bind to . Take two capsules of valerian root an hour before bed .
• Take 4 , 000 to 8, 000 milligrams of dried passionflower capsules . Passionflower is widely used as a mild herbal sedative .
Smell your way to sleep
• Lavender has a reputation as a mild tranquilizer . Simply dab a bit of the oil onto your temples and forehead before you hit the pillow . The aroma should help send you off to sleep .
• Put a drop of jasmine essential oil on each wrist just before you go to bed . In studies conducted at Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia, researchers discovered that
people who spent the night in jasmine -scented rooms slept more peacefully than people who stayed in unscented—or even lavender-scented— rooms .
• Try a soothing aromatic bath before bedtime. Add 5 drops lavender oil and 3 drops ylang- ylang oil to warm bathwater and enjoy a nice soak .
Be a slave to schedule
• Wake up at the same time each day, no matter how little sleep you got the night before. On weekends, follow the same schedule, so your body adheres to the same pattern all week long . You ’ll fall asleep faster.
• Every morning , go for a walk . It doesn ’t have to be a long walk, but it should definitely be outdoors. The presence of natural light (even if the day is overcast ) tells your groggy body it’ s time to wake up for the day. With your body clock set by the great outdoors, you ’ll sleep better at night .
• Try not to nap during the day, no matter how tired you feel. People who don’ t have insomnia often benefit from a short afternoon nap. However , if you ’ re napping in daytime only to turn into a wide -eyed zombie at night , there’ s a good chance that that afternoon snooze is disrupting your body clock.
• Once you get into bed , imagine your feet becoming heavy and numb . Feel them sinking into the mattress . Then do the same with your calves, and slowly work your way up your body, letting it all grow heavy and relaxed . The idea is to let yourself go, in gradual phases .
• If you’ re still awake after this progressive relaxation exercise, count sheep . The point is to occupy your mind with boring repetition , and , not to cast aspersions on sheep , there’ s nothing more boring or repetitive than counting a herd of them . Any repetitive counting activity will lull you .
• If you just can’t sleep , don’ t lie in bed worrying about it. That will only make sleep harder to attain. Get up, leave the bedroom , and grab a book or watch TV .
Prep your bedroom
• Turn your alarm clock so that you can’t see it from bed . If you ’ re glancing at the clock when you wake up— and it’s almost impossible not to —you ’ ll soon start wondering how you can function tomorrow on so little sleep tonight .
• Turn your thermostat down a few degrees before heading to bed . Most people sleep better when their surroundings are cool .
• If you share your bed , consider buying a queen - or king- size mattress so you don ’t keep one another up. Or consider sleeping in separate beds . ( Be sure to emphasize that your wish for separate beds is based on pragmatism rather than preference . )
Check the label
• Be cautious about taking an over - the -counter painkiller before bed . Some of them, like Excedrin , contain caffeine . Read the label first.
• Check labels of decongestants and cold remedies too. In addition to caffeine, they may contain ingredients , such as pseudoephedrine, that rev up your nervous system and leave you unable to fall asleep.
More " don ’ ts" for better dozing
• Avoid exercising within four hours of bedtime— it’s too stimulating. Instead , exercise in the morning or after work . An exception is yoga . A number of yoga postures are designed to calm your body and prepare you for sleep.
• Avoid caffeinated beverages, particularly within four hours of bedtime. Though people have varying ranges of sensitivity to caffeine, the stimulating effects can be long - lasting .
• Also avoid alcohol in the evenings. While a glass of sherry might help you fall asleep a bit faster than usual, the effects soon wear off , and you’ re more likely to wake up during the night .
• If you smoke within four hours of your bedtime, look no further for the cause of your insomnia . Nicotine stimulates the central nervous system, interfering with your ability to fall asleep and stay that way .
Glutamine is the most abudantly distributed amino acid in the body,it is classified as a 'Non Essential' one,which can be produced by the body.It plays a vital role ,particularly where there is a steep decrease in the serum glutamine levels, due to prolonged exhaustive athlete training.The decrease is however brief,lasting upto few hours ,it can relatively bring immune response to compromise.Glutamine known for its ' Anti- Catabolic 'effect,plays an indispensable role in complete recovery of the exhausted muscles, by simply minimizing the rate of muscle breakdown followed after a strenous workouts and also strengthening immune system ,thus keeping sickness at bay.
For those into Muscle-Building activities,should consider taking under a vigilant supersion of a sport nutritionist, since its dosage cannot be generic for all. Self Assessment should be avoided.
My VLDL cholesterol is 37 mg/dl where reference range is 10-35 mg/dl. And triglycerides is 185 mg/dl where reference range is 40-140 mg/dl for female so please tell me whether it is abnormal?
Hello sir/Mam 2 days ago my friend she had a sex with her boyfriend. Her age is 16 years/height 5/weight 42 and she didn't use protection while sex. And now she wanted to take unwanted pregnancy pills. So sir/Mam please give me advice which type of pills she can take.
I am 13 weeks pregnant and its the month of ramadan (Ramzan) So my question it that can I be fasting. And also please suggest me how to keep my baby healthy.
What is the cause for the thyroid. I am taking thyrox 75 daily I really want a baby what should I do for it. Is any thing which I have to be avoided. Kya thyroid patients ko baby conceiving nhi hoti h. Agr ho v gya to baby ko koi problem to nhi hoti h na.
A collection of symptoms typically occurring between ovulation and menses (discharge of blood and from the uterus) is defined as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Premenstrual syndrome symptoms can either be physical or emotional.
Physical symptoms and signs include:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Weight gain due to fluid retention
- Bloated abdomen
- Breast tenderness
- Acne breakouts
- Diarrhoea or constipation
While other behavioural and emotional symptoms include:
- Anxiety or tension
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Anger or irritability and mood swings
- Food cravings and appetite changes
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Causes: The exact cause of PMS is unknown. But there are several contributing factors, such as:
- Cyclic hormonal changes: The hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate a lot while preparing for a normal menstrual cycle. This fluctuation causes some of the symptoms of PMS.
- Chemical changes: The fluctuation of serotonin, a kind of neurotransmitter (brain chemical), affects the mood, which causes some of the emotional symptoms of PMS. For instance, insufficient serotonin triggers premenstrual depression, insomnia, food cravings and fatigue.
- Depression: If the PMS symptoms are severe, depression could be the underlying cause, though it doesn't usually trigger all of the symptoms.
Treatment: There is no permanent cure for PMS, but a few lifestyle changes and home remedies can work very well for you. Some treatment options include:
- To ease abdominal bloating, drink lots of fluids
- Eat a balanced diet comprised of plenty of vegetables and fruits. Reduce your alcohol, caffeine, salt and sugar intake.
- You can take supplements such as magnesium, calcium, vitamin B-6 and folic acid to reduce mood swings and cramps.
- Take vitamin D supplements to relieve symptoms
- Sleep for at least eight hours in the night to counter fatigue
- Exercise to improve your emotional health and reduce bloating
- Try to reduce your stress as much as you can; read a book or walk to relieve some stress.
Besides, these lifestyle changes, you can take over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen to reduce stomach cramps, muscles aches and headaches. Diuretics (drugs that increase urination) are excellent treatments for bloating and fluid retention. However, consult your doctor before consuming any medication or supplement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.