Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chetha PatilYour feedback matters!
Can I do yoga and cardio together. First I start with yoga (10 min) and then cardio (20 min) is it ok or it is harmful. I do yoga because I feel relaxed and it reduçes my stress and worries, but at same I am gaining weight due to yoga so I started doing cardio after yoga is it ok will it helps to reduce weight ? Help pls.
Actually I had sex with my girlfriend by using condom & she got pregnant and had miscarriage. Is condom not safe for sex? What was the reason to become pregnant. Please advise.
I just want to know is there any medicine which can boost women libido? if yes what is the side effect.
In India, along with a lack of sex education, there is also a lack of knowledge about hygiene of the privates amongst women even in urban areas. When a woman experiences pain in her vagina, while it could be because of various reasons and not necessarily alarming, one does get alarmed.
Let us understand the reasons.
1. Yeast infection: Dry and itchy vagina can feel painful after a while. Yeast infections are very common and usually most women experience them. They can be treated by medicines, yet it is best to get in touch with your doctor and get a prescription. Your doctor will prescribe an anti-fungal cream after a pelvic exam.
2. Vaginal dryness: This usually happens to post-menopausal women but can also happen to younger women because of certain birth control pills which are low in estrogen and dry up the moisture in one's vagina.
3. Pelvic inflammatory disease: If you are having regular pains during penetration and during your periods, it could be endometriosis. During examination, the pain is usually linked to the lower abdomen where the ovaries are.
4. Vulvodynia: These are mysterious pains which come & go and can be treated with medicines.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I have had unprotected sex with a guy before a week, i m sure that his sperm is not came in mine, and now i have doubt that may be possible his sperm came in my? what can i do? is their any pill to block the pregnancy?
Please tell me medicine about erectic dysfunction that does not effect my sperm count or motility. We r trying to conceiving for last two years. Every thing is ok in me nd my wife. Bcoz of tension sometime I cannot perform on evolution days (just for one or two days) otherwise ok. please tell me about medicine for dis condition that does not have any side effect on my sperm count or motility etc? Is megalis 20 is safe? Or please tell other medicine that I can use only one or two days (without any side effect on sperm)?
I m 33 years old, married and try to conceive for baby from last july but not succeed after my one miscarriage in feb 2015, 7 weeks pregnancy. Then we tried from july but succeed. So, yesterday I went for fsh, LH, prolactin serum, tsh serum, glucose fasting in fasting. I found my report fsh-10.37, lh-5.98, prolactin-9.79, tsh-1.54 and glucose fasting - 89. Is it normal reports, can I conceive? I m so much tensed. I want clarification about how can I conceive early.
⦁ Spread:Fever or flu or infuenza, in most cases is a communicable illness spread by water or airborne viruses called Hemophilus Influenzae a & b. From the name itself they love(-philus) blood(hemo-). Hence they need a body to attach to where they grow & thrive. They are found in air & droplets too, from where they are inhaled by us and then spread too, while sneezing or breathing close to any infected person.
⦁ The Flu Virus: By structure, viruses are a organism that can change their morphology as & when they desire. And the flu virus does this every 4-5 months, or every season change. Hence the immunity that the body develops while recovering from the previous season's flu attack is lost by the time the season changes again because the body does not recognize the new changed structure of the virus.
⦁ Flu vaccine: Hence the Flu vaccination is different every 6 month and must be taken every 6 months(with every new season) since it needs to be updated to immunize you to the latest viral strains. But even with the vaccine it offers you only 60-70% protection, since it is biologically impossible to predict the variations the virus undergoes and produce a response to it accordingly.
⦁ Dengue Virus: As with the case of the flu virus, the Dengue virus also loves blood, particularly Platelets. So the virus needs blood to live in, and flourish, and whenever the virus attacks, it affiliates to the platelets(cells which cause clotting and stop any bleeding), because they share the same morphology. Hence the Dengue virus penetrates the platelets, causing them to burst and die eventually.
⦁ Fever: (means high temperature> 37.5'c or 98.5'F)This is the response produced by the body to the flu virus. It means the White Blood Cells(cells that fight infections) in your body are activated and running around to fight a war with the Flu or Dengue Virus. It produces multiple other changes like shivering, feeling cold, generation of heat to make the virus unable to thrive, to ward off the virus.
⦁ Symptoms: Body pains, colds, sore throat, cough is usually suggestive of a Flu virus, as it damages/infects the passage where it enters from (nose, throat). However a fever with severe pain, described as deep/bone pain with red skin spots (rashes) all over the body, headache and vomiting can sometimes measure upto be a Dengue virus, or might even be just a flu virus.
⦁ Labs: When should you test yourself in fever? Though blood tests sometimes come negative for Dengue symptomatic patients, any patient with fever more than 2-3 days must be tested for a blood count & Dengue. But these can be falsely negative if done in the first 1-2 days of the illness, and sometimes even when the patient seems symptomatic of Dengue symptoms.
⦁ Treatment: The most common treatment any Physician would advise would be to take a Paracetamol tablets (500mg, 650mg, four times upto 1g thrice daily for adults), depending your fever and age. This is a symptomatic treatment for fever and also helps in all the body pains.In Dengue usually a patient tends to have thrombocytopenia(fall in platelets), hence needs monitoring closely for this, and if required a blood transfusion at later stages as platelets drop. A drop in platelets would mean inadequecy of the body to deal with bleeding, and hence patients need to be closely monitored. As the heat in the body (fever) causes body's water to lose, it may cause extreme lethargy, weakness and dizziness. This important issue must be solved by giving lots of (extra) water to the patient, either orally or in the form of drips (IV). Preparing water with a sachet of ORS (Electral powder) can enhance the body's natural composition of water better and help in speedy recovery.
Take care and do get in touch with me at www.healthist.io where you can video call and consult from anywhere and get an opinion on your health concerns. Try it for free, use doctor code 157.
I have got periods yesterday but only a drops was noticed and we are trying to conceive is it possible to get pregnant?
Regulate Irregular Menstrual Cycle ( for all age female)
One of the prevalent problems among women is the irregular periods or menstrual cycle. Delayed menstruation can lead to a lot of issues for women and can also affect their overall health. Since menstrual cycle is a natural process that happens after every 28 days, irregularities might affect the functioning of the body.
A Balanced Diet
To keep the body functions normal especially menstruation where women are concerned, a balanced diet is very imperative. Green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits, juices and nuts plays a very significant role here. Along with this it is important to maintain the intake of three large meals every day that are full of nutrients and provide you with the required quantity of the same. Make sure you also adhere to small quantities of food in between the larger ones to fill in the gap. This will make sure that you do not lack any nutrients
Drink Abundant Water
Water is one magical potion that is a remedy for most of the health ailments. 10-15 glasses of water everyday keeps the body clean from toxins and impurities as well as regulate the functioning of the body and improve blood circulation. This in turn will help you in regularizing periods in case you are suffering from this issue. So make sure you drink plenty of water on a consistent basis!
Avoid Alcohol and Smoke
Smoking and consuming alcohol are two of those habits that can really trigger the problem and might escalate to a serious level. It also hinders the menstruation cycle according to many researches. A lot of professionals also believe that excessive smoking and alcohol can also have a bad impact on fertility of a woman. Therefore, try and keep away from both of these especially if you are suffering from irregularity of periods. This will not only prevent but also treat the issue to a great extent.
Limit Caffeine Intake
Caffeine is another form of drink that can really heighten the problem of irregularities in periods. Try and avoid tea and coffee as well as energy drinks as much as possible. This will only help you in maintaining good health and normal body functioning.
Along with this refined foods like refined sugar, refined flour and rice should be kept away from. Salt intake should be totally limited during the time of the cycle.
Meditation and Exercise
These healthy habits will make you stress free and relax your senses which in turn will trigger the proper secretion of the hormones in the body. Consistent meditation for at least 45-60 minutes everyday will get you freedom from the problem of irregular periods. Walking, jogging and light exercises are some of the other ways to achieve your goal without much hassle.
Benefit of Asafetida
All you have to do in fry a dash of asafetida in a little of clarified butter and use a teaspoon of the same to mix in with a glass of buttermilk. Now have this liquid once everyday until the problem totally subsides. Remember, that a home remedy can only be effective if followed regularly without skipping.
Acupuncture or Acupressure Treatment for Menstrual cycle
I have treated many cases of Acupuncture method , what I mentioned above if facing problem in initial stage if this Menstrual problem sustaining for long time need to be treat, that too young age female need to get treatment as soon as possible for their normal cyclic life ? taking medicine most of the time become addict to the medicine some time prescribe dosage may not give preferring result and be aware of side effect of this medicines , My treatment method 100% drugless and effective method can contact me for more clarification or treatment ?live with healthy menstrual cycle ? Acupuncture Healer Nazir Sheriff- +91 9789908903- www.Acuheal.In
I am 25 years old married since 2 yrs. My husband report says bilateral small testes, severe left and mild right varicocele. My follicle count is 3-4 gfs of right and 1-2 gfs of left ovary. Wanted to know if ivf works in 1st attempt.
In order to prevent HIV infection and AIDS immunocompromised, you need to have a good explanation and prophylactic referral information. Therefore, it is very important advice and explanation about AIDS. Although AIDS has been known for almost 30 years, the population is still large gaps on the subject, especially in relation to knowledge and the risks of HIV transmission. Relationships with adults infected with HIV is transmitted through blood, semen, and vaginal secretions . However, infection with the spread of airborne pathogens is not possible, as in the case of cold diseases.Therefore, the risk of infection by treatment with AIDS or infected with HIV is very low: Social contact in both work and personal lives, as handshakes, hugs and the like, is completely harmless. The same goes to say for the common use of cutlery, crockery, glasses, toilets or towels, also harmless. There is no evidence of increased risk of infection for people who share the same home or the patient environment. However, some precautions should always be taken into account, for example, do not share the toothbrush or razor, because in the case of injury to perform these functions there may be a small risk of infection. Intimate relationships hide itself a risk of infection, regardless of whether they are heterosexual or homosexual. The fundamental basis for reliable protection against HIV infection and AIDS remains the consistent use of condoms, that is, the safer sex . Safe sex: condoms protectThe basic rules for having a sex safe are blood, semen or vaginal secretions must not reach wounds or open areas of skin or mucosa of sexual partner. Therefore, it is important to use condoms , both anal and vaginal . No condoms, the risk of infection is high, since during intercourse always small lesions can occur. In the case of oral sex is important to prevent both sperm and vaginal secretions come in contact with the oral mucosa, lips or tongue of the couple. If these precautions are taken into account, they can keep sex without any problems. Add that kissing is also harmless. The condom is a widely used method of contraception among young people today. In a 2010 survey singles between 16 and 44 years, only one in ten said physical strength to use condoms; in 1989, the ratio was one in five respondents. This greater acceptance brings added one more advantage is that more and more people are protected and protect others from infection with HIV and other STDs. In 2009, seven out of ten respondents from a group between 16 and 20 years said carrying condoms. Among sexually active people, this increases even eight out of ten. More important than having the intention of having a practice safe sex is really using condoms. Between 2004 and 2009 amounted proportion (61 to 70%) of sexually active people (between 16 and 20 years) who always or very often used condoms. But also in the new relations plays an important role on safe sex : in 2010, 85% of men and 89% of women used condoms at the beginning of a new relationship.
No matter what your desired weight goal may be, you should never starve yourself to lose weight. This slows down your metabolism and is counterproductive. Eating a balanced meal along with exercise is the best diet plan. However, there are some foods that should be avoided.
- Aerated drinks: Aerated drinks like sodas and soft drinks are equivalent to junk food. They do not offer any nutritional value and can lead to weight gain instead. Aerated drinks have a high sugar content that influences the blood sugar levels. Aerated drinks also often leave you feeling thirstier instead of hydrated.
- Processed foods: Processed foods should be avoided whether you are on a diet or not. They contain preservative and harmful chemicals that can harm the body. They also have a high sugar content and unhealthy fat content. Processed foods include chips, pasta, pizza, burgers, noodles and cookies that can easily be made at home using fresh, healthier ingredients.
- Added sugars: Simply eliminating sugar from your diet in the form of jams, sweets, breads and cakes can have a big impact on your weight. Added sugars do not include food that is rich in natural sugars like fruits. Manmade sugar has no nutrient value and is very high in calories. Brown sugar or honey is a much healthier alternative to processed sugar and can be used to replace it.
- Deep fried food: The healthiest of ingredients if cooked in an unhealthy manner can rid it of nutrients and pack on calories instead. Deep frying should be completely avoided if you are trying to lose weight. Deep frying makes food difficult to digest and leads to fat absorption. Instead, try grilling or steaming your food or eat it raw if possible.
- White flour: White flour can lead to high blood pressure, cholesterol and weight gain. Instead replace white flour with whole wheat flour or oats to make it healthier without interfering too much with the taste.
- Desserts: Most desserts fall into the category of food to be avoided as they are heavy on sugar content and made with white flour. Many desserts also use a lot of creams that can lead to cholesterol problems.
However, not all desserts fall into this category. Ice lollies are a viable alternative to ice creams while muffins and frosting free cupcakes made with whole wheat flour can be used to replace pastries and cakes. Chopped fresh fruits are the healthiest way to end a meal on a sweet note. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
We are trying for baby. We both had done required test all test results are very good. There is nothing to worry according to reports. But still there is no good news since a year. Please suggest something helpful.
Please help me Kya Cycle chalane ke Side effect bi hain? Agar hain toh please batae main Bahut jayada cycle chalata hun.
I have been married nd now we are planning to make a family. We tried since past two months but did not get any results. Some say A position with pillow, some say B position etc. Please help me with this and also what time is best for intercourse if we want to plan for family.
Hi sir, my problem related to pregnancy, meri wife ko periods 6-7 din late start hota hai, jaisa usko 25 feb ko period start hua tha aur agla periods 30 march ko start hua means k 6-7 days late ho jaati hai please tell me pregnancy k lye kis date ko sex krna chayie, plzz tell me in detail, thanks.
Ayurveda, which is an age old medicinal practice and has its own influence on the very important and intimate aspect of one's life that is the sex life of a person. Vajikarna, better known as ‘vishwachikitsa’, is one of the specialities in the field of Ayurveda that deals with aphrodisiacs and virility leading to good physique and freedom from impotency. The various herbs of Ayurveda help in curing major sexual problems, such as penile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and sexual exhaustion.
Here are a few reasons why Ayurvedic treatments should be preferred over conventional ones:
- The base of Ayurvedic treatments is all natural: The base of Ayurvedic treatments consists of herbs, plants, fruits and all vegetation growing around you. The usage of all natural elements for treatment of sexual diseases is more promising as they do not cause any side-effects as opposed to usage of supplements loaded with chemicals which might throw off the hormonal balance of your body.
- Ayurveda stresses on curing the ‘doshas’: The three ‘doshas’ in the body are ‘kapha’, ‘vata’ and ‘pitta’ and Ayurveda focuses on removing these ‘doshas’ along with curing the diseases. Removing these doshas while curing sex diseases is a major benefit of using Ayurveda because it helps you attain a better orgasm.
- Use of Ayurvedic herbs:
- All the medicinal plants used in Ayurveda are devoid of any side effect and help in reversing the side effects of over masturbation by strengthening the nervous system and increasing the blood flow to the penile area.
- Ashwagandha: This herb not only helps in getting rid of the side-effects but also prevents them from resurfacing. As an additional benefit, it helps in increasing the flow of libido, thus, reducing sexual exhaustion.
- Focus on overall well-being: Ayurveda is concerned with the overall physical well-being of the patient across all spheres that is physical, psychological, spiritual and is beneficial to social wellness as well while allopathic treatments rely solely on bio-chemistry and focus on fixing only one sexual problem at a time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.