Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chetha Patil
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chetha PatilYour feedback matters!
Last year I had pregnancy but it failed then I am trying till date and I took treatment two MD Dr. But not success to concieve. Please tell me what I do?
2 moths passed I got married. We r using not any precaution bt still there is no conceive in my wife. I am 33 yrs. Wife is 25. What sud I do.
I am pregnant and I am in 5th month. I always vomit and I have thyroid problem I am taking iron tablets daily but I am not feeling well.
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu nirman karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
- Virechana: Virachana therapy is defined as the medicated purgation therapy, which cleanses the Pitta and purifies blood, by clearing the toxins from the body. The treatment concentrates on the toxins that are accumulated in the liver and gall bladder. The gastro-intestinal tract is also cleansed by Virachana therapy. This treatment is usually administered for three days, but its duration may vary from case to case.
- Uttarbasti: In this procedure the patient is injected with specially prepared Ayurvedic sterile Oil or Ghrut transvaginally. In case of female infertility, the procedure is done before the period of ovulation i.e. 5, 6, 7th day of menses, in each cycle, for 3 to 6 consecutive cycles. In this procedure, a sterile Ayurvedic oil or Ghrut is injected into the uterine cavity through the vagina under all aseptic precautions. No any type of anesthesia is required for this procedure. This is completely painless treatment. It is useful in infertility, spontaneous abortions, recurrent abortions, fibroids, tubal blockages, DUB, etc. Uttar basti per urethra is useful in benign prostate enlargement (BPH), urinary incontinence, urethral stricture, recurrent urinary tract infections (UTI), bladder atony, dribbling maturation, cystitis, male infertility, low sperm count, impotence, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.