Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am getting my periods on time for 4-5 days every months without getting any monthly break in getting period. Me and my partner wanted to have child now and we were trying from last 3 months but unable to conceive. Could you please help us out on what could be the reason for this?
10,000 test buds on your tongue.But some older adults only have about 5,000. The number of taste buds starts decreasing after the age of 60. Salty and sweet tastes are usually the first to go, with bitter and sour lasting longer. Smoking also kills taste buds.
I am 26 year old, female married my menstrual cycle before two months short. What the reason of causes.
Foot pain is often characterized by a feeling of pain in the feet. The symptoms of foot pain can be felt in the heel, instep, arches, toes and sole of the feet. Usually foot pain can be treated at home.
Foot pain can be caused by the following factors:
- It can occur from an injury
- Obesity often leads to too much weight pressure on the feet, thus causing pain
- Aging weakens the bones and muscles causing pain
- Too much physical activity within a short period of time
- Deformities in the foot
- Broken bones
- Arthritis and gout
- Stress fracture
- Nervous system damage
Various exercises that are used for treating pain in feet are:
- Plantar fascia stretch: The exercise requires you to sit down in a comfortable chair, and then roll the arch of your foot on a round object. Repeat this exercise for some time in all directions.
- Sitting plantar fascia stretch: You need to sit in a chair and then cross one of your feet over your knee. Take hold of your toes and pull them towards you till they are comfortably stretched.
- Towel pickup: Place a towel on the floor and place your feet on it. Scrunch your toes to pick the towel up and release.
- Wall push: You face a wall and lean by placing your palms on the wall. Then, keeping the back leg straight and bend the front knee towards the wall till you feel a comfortable pull on your calves.
- Achilles tendon stretch: Loop a towel on the ball of your feet and pull your toes. As you pull the towel, remember to keep your knees straight. Hold this position for at least 25 seconds and then release it. Do the same for the other foot and repeat 4 times.
All of the above exercises need to be performed regularly to get the full benefit of these stretches. You may also use comfortable footwear to prevent the pain from coming back.
She has a problem in her vagina the fluid is flowing from vagina she can't stay without pad can you tell me what problem is that?
Hello Doctor, My girlfriend is getting blood in urine. We had sexual intercourse 4 days back and thereafter she had an iPill (Contraceptive. What could be the reasons? Do we need to see a doctor? Thanks.
I am 8 weeks pregnant. I am having thyroid. I had my tsh 10.1. So I started taking 150 mcg. (Earlier I used to take 88 mcg) After 10 days my tsh level dropped to 3.5 but t4 level increased to 13.1. Should I continue with 150 mcg or should I minimize dosage. Kindly help.
L am 45 years old .Last month leave long period of mensuration it continued for 17 days my scan was ok endometrial thickness was 10 mm doctor had advice me to take sysron ncr for 17 days l had taken app. 13 days now after 18 days mughe dobara periods aagye hai koi tension wali bat to nahi is this only hormonal imbalance.
Here are three reasons why you should immediately make plans to cut your sugar intake -
# sugar makes you crave for more sugar and if you restrict yourself it leads to mood swings, behavioral changes and a feeling of 'restriction'. Sugar starts the chain reaction of addiction and more sugar means more calories which in turn mean more weight.
# sugar is the chief cause of 'belly' fat or love handles or cellulite. It ferments in the body making the body acidic and giving rise to bloating and gas. We then tend to perceive these problems as something else and end up doing a whole load of wrong things to beat the bloating and gas. For example, we cut down on beans, because we think that all that bloat and gas formation is because of these extremely healthy and nutritious beans. And, so we eliminate beans from our diet and fail to cut down on the substance that is the real cause, sugar.
# sugar makes the environment in our cells acidic. Almost all diseases breathe in an acidic environment. Enough has been said about that. If you feel you're addicted, get aware of your consumption and slowly start reducing it over time.
Find sweet substitutes, or set small milestones to reach your goal of consuming less sugar.
I am 30 year old. Unmarried female and suffering from problem of bed wetting. This problem occurs twice in a month. Please advice me what should I do.?
I want to know which season is better for conceive or child birth to get a intelligent and healthy child, winter season like nov. Dec jan. Is good or not. Proper timing to sex for conceive a male child please suggest, both scientifically and traditional point of view.
I have a problem of irregular periods. I have consulted one doctor. And was taking medicines accordingly since I I have stopped taking medicine my problem again arise. According to report multiple peripheral tiny cyst seen (More than 10. Luteinizing hormone 16.98.
Hello Dr. Meri abi delivery hue h, or main minimum theen sal tk pregnant nhi hona chati hu, Mujhe kya karna chacheye, kya precosion ya kon si medicine lena chaeye, please tell me!
Hi I'm 21 weeks pregnant and now I'm having cough I'm also having head ache and running nose due to it. I need to know is it safe to use Vicks vapour now. Will it effect my baby if I apply it over my nose and inhale it. Some one please help me. If possible please suggest me what could I do so that I could get rid of cough.
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?