Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan VilaniYour feedback matters!
I have been facing "itching & dry skin and black spot" problem in the place of" tilakam" (where I can put sticker) on forehead between 2 eyebrows. Please suggest ointment /Medicine.
When do tetanus symptoms show up after an injury? How much time tetanus injection will be effective? Please advice me.
My question is are there the people who are not gay but still they'r desperate to know the size os penis and keep watching on other men zips or on the penis how would it be stopped if it is true.
Can impacted wisdom tooth cause dizziness, I do not have pain in it but dizziness, and sometimes pain only. Please advice.
I have some ring like rash on my skin specially in my groin & elbow region, I consulted a dermatologist but the problem remains same, what should I do now?
HIV, which is short for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, penetrates your body and directly attacks your immune system. In this process, the virus weakens your body's natural defense mechanism against diseases and infections. A compromised immune system makes the body prone to minor infections, which healthy people would generally overcome. The virus itself doesn't cause any physical symptoms. It only serves to ease the entry of other bacteria and viruses into the body.
The following are some of the ways HIV affects your body:
1. Immune system - The human immunodeficiency virus destroys CD4 cells, the white blood cells that help the immune system ward off foreign substances. If left unchecked, HIV can develop into AIDS. During such time, the virus may damage the immune system to an extent that it wouldn't be able to ward off minor infections that a healthy immune system would. A person with HIV could thus suffer from fever, chills, sweats, shortness of breath, white spots in the mouth, fatigue, skin rash and weight loss from time to time.
2. Respiratory system - As HIV develops into AIDS, the body can contract infections such as pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP), tuberculosis and Kaposi's sarcoma. These conditions lead to serious respiratory problems. PCP is found to be one of the most common infections among people with HIV. 85% of the people would develop the infection if the condition is left untreated.
3. Skin problems - As in healthy individuals, many skin conditions can also occur in people with HIV or AIDS. But a compromised immune system heightens the condition and causes difficulty in treatment. Dermatitis, psoriasis, and hives are common conditions. They are also prone to a rare type of skin cancer known as Kaposi's sarcoma.
4. Gastrointestinal System - Gastrointestinal disorders are the most common ailments for people diagnosed with HIV and AIDS. Problems faced include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, abdominal pain and gastrointestinal bleeding. 50% of the people suffering from HIV encounter gastrointestinal disorders at some point of their illness. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Why should people with diabetes be extra careful of their Heart Health? What’s the connection? Diabetes is considered as one of the major controllable risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
A Study conducted shows that around 65% of diabetic patients die from heart disease or stroke. The connection between diabetes and heart disease starts with high blood sugar levels. With continued high blood sugar levels i.e. high glucose in the bloodstream, the arteries gets damaged and become hard and stiff. Fatty material that builds up on the inside of these blood vessels can eventually block blood flow to the heart or brain, leading to a possible heart attack or stroke.
People with the below listed condition and lifestyle are at increased risk for developing cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- High blood pressure(hypertension)
- Abnormal cholesterol
- Lack of physical activity
- Poorly controlled blood sugars(too high) or out of normal range
- Regular Smoking
What is a Diabetes?
It's is a disorder in which your body doesn’t produce insulin in the required quantity because of too much sugar in the blood or high blood glucose.
Frequent urination, Intense thirst and hunger, Weight gain, unusual weight loss, fatigue, cuts and bruises that do not heal, male sexual dysfunction, vaginal Infection in females, numbness, tingling in hands and feet.
Connection with Heart related diseases i.e. What can diabetes do to the person's healthy heart?
- A diabetic who has had a previous heart attack has a much greater risk of having another.
- Diabetics develop cardiovascular disease at a much earlier age than others.
- Diabetics who have suffered a heart attack are more apt to die as a result.
Prevention: More of a lifestyle change followed by medication under supervision of a doctor and a nutritionist is possible. The best way to prevent the development of cardiovascular disease is to prevent diabetes itself. General nutrition recommendations:
- Control your portion size
- Limit your consumption of saturated and transfats and cholesterol
- Setting reasonable goals for your total amount of carbohydrates.
There is no certain way to avoid heart disease and circulation problems, but there are lot of things to do to cut your risk.
- You smoke? Put a full stop.
- Do weight management and lose some extra pounds.
- Check your sugar levels regularly and keep your blood pressure in the proper range.
- Get regular physical activity
- Keep your blood fats and cholesterol levels in a healthy range.
- Keep your blood glucose under control live a healthy life with a healthy heart. Stay Healthy! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Hello Doctor, Please tell me how to grow penis size. Is this really possible to grow the size by medication?
Q: I am suffering from fever since last 10 days andd body pain. What can I do this time to reduce it.
Sir, jalquing exercise is increasing my erection angle and tell me benefits of these exercise? How much time done these exercise is enough?
A small lump in my shoulder. There's no pain. I don't have any problem with the lump. What to do with this?
My wife is having very irregular periods. Gynecologist suggested TVS of pelvis and results are as follows: UTERUS: Uterus is retroverted. Size is 6.1×3.4cm. Myometrial echo is normal. Endometrial thickness - 5.4 mm. NABOTHIAN CYST SEEN IN CERVIX. OVARY: Both ovaries are normal in size. Volume of RO- 8.6 ml. LO- 8.4ml. UNIFORM SIZE FOLLICLES SEEN IN BOTH OVARIES. SUGGEST PCO. Please explain the results and also about the treatment.
Hi I have a problem of semen discharge during foreplay so unable to engage in sex. I am 26 year old and unmarried.
I am getting very low temperature fever from 2 days ,the fever is not being continues it is getting cooler within a short time, the fever with little muscle pain ,legs pain and the tongue is some what bitter taste that's it and I have used paracetamol tablet yesterday that's it can I get any suggestions.
Answers from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is a flavor enhancer commonly added to Chinese food, canned vegetables, soups and processed meats. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified MSG as a food ingredient that's "generally recognized as safe," but its use remains controversial. For this reason, when MSG is added to food, the FDA requires that it be listed on the label.
MSG has been used as a food additive for decades. Over the years, the FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse reactions to foods containing MSG. These reactions — known as MSG symptom complex — include:
Facial pressure or tightness
Numbness, tingling or burning in the face, neck and other areas
Rapid, fluttering heartbeats (heart palpitations)
However, researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG and these symptoms. Researchers acknowledge, though, that a small percentage of people may have short-term reactions to MSG. Symptoms are usually mild and don't require treatment. The only way to prevent a reaction is to avoid foods containing MSG.