Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan Prabhakar ShahYour feedback matters!
Sir I am bypass patient since last 1 and half year. I am regularly doing pranaiyam for 45 minutes and 45 minutes walk daily. Right now I have both side leg pain near foot. I have also recently got lab report lipid profile is normal, B12 was some what 140 and Vitamin D 10. So doctor has advised me take Vitamin D spray for 3 time in a week for 1st time and then after once a week for 2 months. And for Vitamin B12 FDSON-MP tablet for 2 months. I have started those medicine since last week and still I feel some easiness. I am regularly taking heart medicine of Met xl-25 and Ecosprin gold 10. Daily once a day. So please suggest if the above is ok or I have to change some medicine or provide me some good food supplements to energize myself.
Sir I am 27 years old I feel pain left chest doctor always reported echo ECG blood test is normal always feel pain left chest please you say what I do.
My mother age 40 and she is a heart patient. She has pain in her left arm right now. What to do? Please help.
I am 65 years old and suffering from diabetes since 20 yrs. Recently I was admitted to hospital with my sugar levels 400. There I was diagnosis with BP.
I am suffering from low blood pressure to last 2 weak at 2 to 4 time in a day what should I do please tell me?
Is there a permanent method for lowering cholesterol levels. Should I continue medication for the rest of my life or for a specific period thanks for the help.
What are symptoms of high blood pressure? How to prevent high blood pressure and what should we do if blood pressure suddenly becomes high and there is no medical help available?
I am suffering cholesterol from a few months. My Serum Triglyceride is now 1042.0 , HDL cholesterol is 86.0 , LDL cholesterol - 95.0 , VLDL cholesterol-164, Serum Uric Acid is 9.4 In this time What can I do .
I am getting swelling above my right knee. All the reports are normal. I have knee pain also. climbing the stairs aggravates my pain. have used pain killers, vit. D tablets on doctor's advise. On resting, swelling subsides. Pl advise.
If you thought that chest pain occurred only due to a heart-related issue like a heart attack, you are wrong. Chest pain is one of the most common reasons that people visit the emergency services and it can be caused due to problems with your heart, lungs and digestive system.
Chest pain can be due to either of these two main reasons:
Heart- related Issues
1. Heart attacks called myocardial infarctions are very common reasons for chest pains. During a heart attack, the blood supply that serves the heart with oxygen is cut off due to plaque build-up in heart arteries causing the death of heart muscles.
- Other reasons for heart attacks are blood clots or torn blood vessels.
- Not all people having a heart attack have symptoms. Usually, people report symptoms like chest pain, upper body pain, nausea, sweating, fatigue, and trouble breathing.
- A heart attack is a serious medical emergency for which immediate care is needed.
2. Angina pectoris is a type of chest pain that results from reduced blood flow to the heart. Low blood flow means your heart doesn’t get enough oxygen. The angina pain is often triggered by physical activity or emotional stress and feels like a vice squeezing your chest or a heavy weight on your chest. It can also spread from your chest to your neck, arms, and shoulders. Other symptoms are fatigue, dizziness and nausea and these normally last up to 15 minutes only.
3. Unstable angina which causes crushing chest pains suddenly and even when you are not doing anything strenuous is a medical emergency as it can lead to a heart attack. This usually shows that your heart, arteries are narrowing alarmingly.
4. Other heat-related reasons for chest pains are-
- Mitral valve narrowing or stenosis
- Heart arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery disease
- Inflammation of heart muscles or pericardium and weakening of the heart muscles.
All of these are emergencies and need immediate medical attention to prevent a fatality.
Not Heart- related:
- Pneumonia is an infection in one or both lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. It causes inflammation in your lung’s air sacs and makes them full of pus which makes it difficult to breathe and causes chest pains, amongst other debilitating symptoms.
- Bronchitis is an inflammation of your bronchial tubes. It can be chronic or acute and it can cause a cough with mucus and chest pains.
- Pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that occurs in the lungs. It can go on to damage parts of your lung due to limited blood flow. Apart from this, it can also decrease oxygen levels in the blood and affect other organs.
It can be life-threatening due to permanent lung damage. The most common symptom of a pulmonary embolism is gradual or sudden shortness of breath.
There is also-
- bluish skin tone
- hest pain that extends into your arm, jaw, neck, and shoulder
2. Rib cage inflammation or Costochondritis is also known as Tietze’s syndrome. It is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. Patients experience chest pain in the upper and middle rib area on either side of the body due to this. The pain can also radiate to the back or the abdomen, getting worse if you move, stretch, or breathe deeply.
3. Food pipe disease or Esophagitis is any inflammation or irritation of the oesophagus, a tube that sends food from your throat down to your stomach.
GERD- This condition occurs when the stomach contents and acids back up into the oesophagus. This causes chest pain that can mimic a heart disease. There may also be oesophagal spasms due to GERD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.