Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan Prabhakar ShahYour feedback matters!
Hii, sometimes my left arm occur too much pain is it any heart diseases or its normal Can you tell me about it how and why it's happen.
After testing I had been detected as vitamin-d deficiency. If we have vitamin-d deficiency then vitamin b12will also be less? Now a days a feel pain in various parts of my body mostly different parts of my chest, one day feel pain at one place next day in other part, is this due to vitamin -d deficiency or anything critical?
Last night I had not taken salt in my dinner due to high blood pressure. Next morning I have given my blood for sugar fasting, serum urea.
Garlic contains ajoenes,a phytochemical which may reduce LDL or bad cholesterol and may possess anti thrombotic (anticlotting),anticancer and antifungal activity. It is advisable to take raw garlic in the morning for better effect.
Sir, im 30 years old. But im suffering with gray beard, erectile dysfunction, hyper tension, snoring, depression due to erectile dysfunction. Please help me how to over come these problems.
Sir I am a retd insurance officer and now 73. Pure vegetarian from birth with no habits of drinking smoking or chewing tobacco products. Five years before I had angioplasty done with stent fixed in heart my bp used to be 145/ 85 or 90 I am taking selekon xl 50+eslo5 + ctd 12.5 to control bp. I am not a diabetic at present but become one at anytime. Am I to continue the above tabs till my end and what is the food control I must adopt for being a non diabetic. Beeyesjay Cbe 641029.
I am 62 old male. BP medicine taking stamlo 5 & tenormin 25 .no diabetic. Now days I have acidity problem. Pl.advice medicines.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I hard can you suggest what should be done?
I am taking beta cap tr 40 from last 5 -6 months I am 21 Actually I had some hogh bp and high pulse rate problem But now when I started this medical I feel very ok now I just wanted to ask is this medicine safe ? It will not cause ed ? What can I do if I wanna stop this medicine now ? Can you help?
My mother is 45 years old suffering from thyroid, she take eltroxin 75 mg daily, chlorestrol in blood n hypertension she always get hyper n angry mood please suggest me cure.
I an suffering from hypertension from last one month. Also I have stress on my mind. What I have to do.
When I eat oily vegetables and non veg then I have pain in my chest. It is bcz of gas perhaps. Tell me what it may be?
My Father is suffering from High Sugar and High BP after the treatment of 2 year in this field so please suggest me how.
Here is a list of foods that keeps your heart healthy:
Salmon: omega-3 fatty acids are very important for your heart to function optimally. Fishes such as salmon and sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which lower the risk of heart diseases such as arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) and atherosclerosis (accumulation of plaque in the arterial walls).
Oats: like oats and milk for breakfast? congratulations! you are in luck; oatmeal has soluble fibers which help in lowering bad cholesterol levels. Just make sure that there is no added sugar in your oatmeal, as it will defeat the entire purpose.
Blueberries: blueberries are rich in antioxidants that reduce the risks of heart attack and also decrease your blood pressure. So go ahead! toss some blueberries in your oatmeal to get your daily dose of antioxidants which are such pre-requisites for supreme health.
Dark chocolate: this will probably bring a smile to your lips. Dark chocolates contain polyphenols, a type of flavonoid, which is very good for your heart. Dark chocolate is known to reduce the risks of strokes and heart attacks. Watch the portion size as no matter what its benefits are, dark chocolates are still rich in calories.
Citrus fruits: citrus fruits such as lemons and indian gooseberry are rich in compounds that lower cholesterol levels in the body. Tip start your day with a lemon juice and warm water. This betters your metabolism and also keeps your heart in fine shape.
Soy: lo behold vegetarians! (and non-vegetarians as well). Soy is a protein rich food that is so good for your heart. It also contains heart-healthy fats and fibers that help bring down and normalize cholesterol levels.
Tomatoes: tomatoes are rich in an antioxidant called lycopene, which is very effective in getting rid of bad cholesterol. It thus helps in keeping your arteries healthy and reduces the risks of heart attacks.
Nuts: nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in vitamin e which helps in lowering bad cholesterol in the body. Avoid nuts that come with added salt.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and l have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.