Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrama PadhiYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, will you please suggest some remedy for bad breath. Which mouth wash product is good? What other remedies are there for bad breath Thank you in advance, for your help, William.
I am lactose intolerant and I had custard recently and now I am bloated and constipated as well and now I am having mouth ulcers My weight has increased 2 kg because whereas I am supposed to lose weight as I have PCOD. Please help.
Gone are the days when braces were only for children and teenagers. Today, adults don’t need to shy away from wearing braces just because it will look unattractive. It is time to not put them off. Here are the reasons to tell you why you should flaunt the braces:
Your smile is more important: A beautiful smile can change your life. It creates a positive impact in your life. People around you get influenced by your positive and attractive smile. But, if you cover your mouth just to hide your teeth while smiling, it will hamper your life. Therefore, straighten you teeth and get back your confidence. A dental implant is of no use unless you straighten all the teeth using a brace.
Wearing a brace can keep you away from other dental issues: Misaligned teeth can cause various dental disorders or issues. If the teeth are not aligned properly, food particles can get accumulated on the surface of the teeth, forming dental plaque. This in turn can give birth to a number of dental diseases or disorders.
Braces prevent you from other diseases: Improper alignment of teeth will not allow you to chew your food properly. This in turn may cause several gastrointestinal problems.
New Age Braces-
Today, braces have evolved. They no longer look very ugly or unattractive. You will not suffer from the embarrassment of having metal braces. Nowadays, ceramic braces are available in the markets. These are translucent in nature. Besides, a new age teeth cover called Invisalign is available. These are made up of clear plastic. An individual wears them over the teeth. So, you will not have to look unattractive with the metal wire.
Advantages of Ceramic Braces-
They are less painful and cause no irritation to the gums. They are friendlier to the gums than the old metal ones.
Ceramic braces are translucent in nature. They have white or tooth-coloured brackets which look better than metal wires.
They are durable and stronger. They can break only if they are abused or misused.
Nowadays, you get clear braces in the markets. These are known as Saphire Braces. They are expensive than the metal ones. But, they are stronger and the greatest advantage of wearing a sapphire brace is that you don’t develop stains on them easily.
Cost of Braces-
The cost of adult braces depends upon the nature of brace you are choosing. Metal wires are cheaper. Ceramic and clear braces are costlier. Metal braces are available from INR 30,000 to 40,000 in the markets. Other braces look better but are costlier.
When to take braces?
In order to know whether or not you require a brace, you must consult a dentist first. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have pain in my teeth and I already uproot my 3 teeth by dentist. Black colour spot on my teeth so this is the last teeth which is black coloured so what's the solution please tell me.
I have teeth problem like Smell and One of the teeth is damaged.And what type of toothpaste used by these problems and give me suggestions what i will do ?
Toothache is perhaps one of the most abhorred form of body ache, which can potentially stall the normalcy of our lives to a great extent. Although seemingly non-hazardous, toothache can also lead to severe health implications. The dental health often indexes the condition of the heart and hence, should not be taken lightly. Toothache usually emanate from cavities or gum infection. While there are multiple cures for the same, these are the types of ailments, which are laden with the risk of relapse. The last minute rush to the dentist may buy temporary relieve from the excruciating pain, but what you should actually look for is a more holistic and sustained cure. Homeopathy brings all the benefits of natural herbs and traditional condiments to ensure your well-being and provide substantial relief from the menace that toothache can be. Some of the most reliable cures have been listed below.
- Merc Sol: This is a very beneficial remedy for toothaches which are accompanied by increased salivation and swelling in the gum. This brings additional warmth to the gums which largely mitigate the pain.
- Coffea: Coffea functions as an effective adjuvant to cold water in decreasing toothaches. It works best on increased sensitivity and irritability and cures them both to a large extent.
- Sepia: Sometimes excessive intake of sweets leaves a bitter aftertaste in one’s mouth, resulting in unbearable toothaches. The ringing pain often spreads to the ears and the gums also get swollen. Sepia sufficiently pacifies such agitation.
- Kreosote: Kreosote relieves those extreme kinds of toothache which reach up to the temples and induce sleeplessness in the patient. It also cures ulcerated gums.
- Mezereum: Mezereum purifies dental health from its very roots. It reduces toothache from spreading and stalls the decay at the very roots. Mezereum soothes acute sensitivity and a constant ringing sensation in the temples and the ears of the patient.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is a very beneficial natural Homeopathic medicine for toothache when the patient turns irritable, mad and wild with severe tooth pain. The pain in teeth is totally unbearable. Mental agitation with toothache calls for the use of Chamomilla.
- Plantago, Spigelia and Magnesium Phos: For the pain in teeth that extends to ear, natural Homeopathic medicine Plantago is the appropriate remedy. For the neuralgic pain in face on right side due to toothache, Homeopathic medicine Magnesium Phos is the best medicine. And to deal with nerve pain extending from teeth to left side of face, Spigelia is the ideal Homeopathic remedy.
There are various other drugs also which are of immense benefit in toothache and also for the cutting of wisdom tooth. Well, the overall constitution plays a major role in deciding upon the remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.