Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandalia H B
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandalia H BYour feedback matters!
Sir My sugar level is 140/290. I take glimisave M1 tablet twice daily. I take antidepressant for anxiety and depression. My sugar levels causing me indigestion gases pain in legs back and erectile dysfunction .i want to get ayurvedic treatment for sugar and indigestion.
My blood sugar fasting is 133 mg/dl PP is 287 mg/dl old suggest what to do for diabetes medicine what I have to take also suggest diet forme. My BP is 150/90 mm Hg.
I am thyriod patient. I used to eat thronorum 100 mcg. I want to know what type of foods should I avoid to eat.?
I am 23 years old female. I have hypothyroid. My tsh is 8.20, t3 is 0.9 and t4 is 5.3. Is it curable? what should I follow?
I am a 54 year diabetic patient. I feel so much disturbance due to my disease. Nowadays I seems to notice that my gums are swelling up and some times blood comes out the swellings. Plse help me. How can I over come this swelling of gums? Is there any remedial method to decrease my diabetics? Basically I ate only ayurvedic medicines. I did not eat allopathy medicines ever for diabetics.
If your blood sugar has shot to the border level, but not quite high enough to be considered as Diabetes, think of it as a blessing. You are given the opportunity to take corrective measures and prevent the onset of diabetes. The ball is still in your court and you can take the right steps to prevent it from evolving to Type 2 Diabetes.
Here are the best ways to prevent:
- Know where do you stand: Find out your blood sugar levels by getting a blood sugar test done. Being older than 45 with a Body Mass Index above 25, puts you at a greater risk, so get your blood sugar checked. Even more pressing reasons to get checked can be high blood pressure or cholesterol or history of diabetes in the immediate family.
- Eat healthy: Food is medicine and what you feed your body, impacts the most on your overall health. Is your diet full of fast food and highly processed foods? Then, its time to change to a well-balanced diet full of wholesome nutrients. Eat regularly scheduled meals with a wide variety of foods in order to avoid extreme blood sugar spikes.
- Bust the stress: Chronic stress tends to suppress your immune system and lead to grave consequences. Since, stress aggravates your blood sugar levels, practice techniques of Yoga and meditation to drive stress away from your life.
- Move your body: When you are at a greater risk of diabetes it is time to act and avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Regular exercise can help you manage your overall health and boost your energy levels. Also, exercise keeps blood sugar levels from spiking after meals and active muscles will use insulin efficiently. Maintain a good fitness regime with 30 minutes of moderate exercise like walking, jogging, aerobics at least 5 days a week and opt for intensive exercises like cardio, weight training or strength training at least twice a week.
- Get quality sleep: Deprivation of sleep derails metabolism. According to studies, people who clock less than 6 hours of sleep are more likely to see their blood sugar climb up into the pre-diabetes territory. A short sleep for a prolonged time can potentially set the stage for high blood sugar.
- Medication: In most cases, simple lifestyle changes like the above will help to prevent type 2 diabetes. But in special cases, you can visit a doctor and he may prescribe certain drugs to keep the glucose production in check.
Prediabetes is a warning sign and a good wakeup call for you. So, wake up and take the right steps for a better tomorrow. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.