Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ChandaYour feedback matters!
I have - 3.5 point on eye which was. -0.5 before 7 year ago how should I reduce my eye point and how should I care my eyes my age is 24.
My eye side is weak please tell me what I do for my clear vision. My number is 3.75 which is so high. Tell me what type food I take and etc.
I can't see my eyes when driving night time in front any thing lighting comes I can't visible any thing please get the solution my eye sight is -11.
I have severe headache for past 2 days. I took analgesics, but no help. I am working in IT company and have to sit in front of computer all day. What should I do?
I have a eye problem when I am reading the book because my eye pain problem so if you best suggestions.
I am 18 years old my both eye power is -2.0. Sir/madam how to improve eye vision and remove permanently permanently without operation.
I was using my laptop very frequently since 15 days, I was suffering with a lot of eyes strain and headache, what should I do?
Hello good morning sir. I have problem in my eyes. I feel water in my eyes. Can you suggest my. What should I do. Thanks.
Can a new born get eye flu? Today morning he was not able to open his left eye. White liquid type thing was there whiçh you had to cleanup using a cloth.
I have red eyes since two months so what to do? I am using computer at work. So give me proper answer about it.
Dear sir, pls give me the solution for my eyes, the problem is after watching a movie after 2 to 3 hours, iam getting pain with wearing speck also. I hope you suggest better for my eyes.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.