Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
From last 1 week, I am having redness in my left eye. Which goes away after using tear plus. Why is this and should I consult a doctor.
The person suffers from headache on a regular basis. Although there is no eyesight issue, nor any migraine issue. Please suggest the solution.
I am 20 year old. I have an headache since last month. I have visited the ophthalmologist and my family doc. Problems - Right side of head paining. Eyes pain. Less light irritates quickly. Headache. Reading problems when material is near (have to remove specs ). Kindly suggest.
15 days ago after waking up from the bed I realised that my left side face is little bit inactive, I could close my eyes fully, Could not even drink Water properly. I met doctor, (general physician) they said it is "bels palsy" and gave tablets and asked me to follow Some excerisies. I have recovered abt 60%. Wats the main reason for it and do I need any spacial treatment and test to recover fully? Pls suggest, I worried. Tab given wysolone 25 Number Oritop 40 numbers Acivir - 400 20 numbers Letgo- SP.
I am a student & I study late night. From past 2-3 nights I'm facing problem in my eyes. It feels like there is something inside & it hurts. I wash my eyes & use eyedrop as well but nothing works. I want to know what exactly it could be. Till date I do not use spectacles. Please help.
Sir I am having problem with my right eye as I use computer or laptop for more that half an hour it starts paining very badly I do not want to wear spectacles please suggest some treatment?
Can eyesight can be improved with the help of ayurveda medicine .if it means can you suggest that medicine ? Sir my name is priya my age is 20 and I have really very poor eyesight so please help me.
I am 28 year old male. I used to wear specs -2 for both eyes for 5 years. I had operation 2 years back and my eyes is good now. But under eye swelling and marks still there. It looks bad. However I still use anti-glare specs for computer work in office. How to remove this swelling?
Mere eyes ke niche gadhe hai jo kavi kam kavi jada lagte hai pls help me to cure this as soon as possible.
Whenever I try to sleep in the afternoon I fail but I sleep immediately at night but In the morning my eyes fell swelled what should I do.
Hello doctor im not wearing any type of glasses but I just want to know from you which contact lenses and should I use to improve vision sharpness I mean which lenses power please recommend thax in advance.
I have eye pain since 10 days its very painful and it has become red and itching. Please help to get rid of these as I am having exams.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering from dry eye syndrome since last 4 months. I find very hard to work on laptop (can't avoid this as I am student of MCA). I google down and narrowed my search to ciclosporin drug. Also an eye drop RESTASIS. I need further help. Please suggest an eye drop or any other medication.
I have a problem with my eyes to watching and reading books and tv a long time it makes me suffer very mush please give the medicine.
I have night blindness am unable to see in low light so what precautions should I take and what food I prefer.
Diabetes is the condition where the blood glucose levels in your body tend to be quite high and can have an adverse effect on many of the organs in your body. The eyes are no exception and can be quite adversely affected by diabetes as well.
Let's look at the various problems you could face if you have diabetes:
1. Blurry vision: Diabetes can cause the lens in the eye to swell and this will affect the way you see. Because of the increased lens size, the eyes have difficulty in focusing on objects resulting in blurry vision. You will have to get your blood sugar levels back to normal and only then the vision will begin to correct itself. This will however take time to happen.
2. Cataract: Blurry vision for an extended period of time which progressively gets worse can be a symptom of cataract. Although cataracts can develop even with normal patients, they tend to accelerate and happen earlier in adults who have diabetes. Cataracts are usually fixed with surgery where the natural lens is removed and replaced with an artificial lens.
3. Diabetic retinopathy: Diabetic Retinopathy and Retinal Detachment are one of the leading causes of blindness in adults who suffer from diabetes. The retina is a very important part of the eye which allows us to see the images by capturing light and then sending them to the brain via the optical nerve. With diabetic retinopathy the smaller blood vessels in your retina may get damaged and thus end up causing damage to your vision. This can be of three types:
- Proliferative Retinopathy: In this condition very small blood vessels grow from the surface of the retina. The retina is the film at the back of your eye , and the tiny blood vessels are capillaries. These growing blood vessels are very delicate and bleed easily. If you have had diabetes for years your retinae may develop this condition. As the retina is damaged by diabetes, the diseased retina releases special growth chemicals. These chemicals make tiny blood vessels grow: these are called 'new blood vessels.
- Background Retinopathy: Background or nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) is the earliest stage of diabetic retinopathy. With this condition, damaged blood vessels in the retina begin to leak extra fluid and small amounts of blood into the eye.
- Maculopathy: The macula is the central area of your retina. It is responsible for all your sharp vision, such as used for watching TV or reading. It can become damaged in diabetes, with leaks developing (oedema).
4. Glaucoma: This is a condition where fluids build up inside the eye and it results in the pressure within it building up. This may damage the blood vessels within the eye and cause vision changes. Problems within the eye may not be detected till you experience vision loss. Some of the symptoms of glaucoma may include:
- Blurry vision
- Watering from Eyes
- Difficulty in vision
- Pain in the eyes
- Lights appear to have halos
Treatments: Blurry vision also tends to go away slowly once the level of blood glucose is controlled either via medicines or by diet changes. However, glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy may require a range of medicines to ease the pressure on the eye or to discharge fluid buildup. If none of these works, then relevant surgery may be required to resolve the problems.