Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chaitali GhandhiYour feedback matters!
Sir I have acne problem since 2 years. I have used many creams and gel based on clindamycin and nicotinamide. But the results are not good. please recommend one best cream for acne or white bumps.
I am suffering from fungus since from 1 year it is curing and coming back again and again can I get the proper solution.
Hi doc I have some kind of black boils on my penis and it itches and pain and irritate me a lot need some help from you.
I have pigmentation on my cheek. It's been more than 5 years now. I've tried ayurveda, allopathic, laser. But none seems to work. please help.
I am 16 years old and I have too many white hairs so I can't go anywhere because I don't like that people say that you have too many white hairs please tell me something so my all hairs turn into black.
Nowadays I am sleeping a lot forgetting things . And I had a lot of pimples of my face moreover hairfall.
I have black spots well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any change.
For the last one year I feel roughness on the underneath of my feet. Is it due to diabetic effect or any deficiency in the body?
I have dandruff in my head. My hair getting white and also I have hairfall problem. I have a fat belly. What should i do?
I have so many moles on my face. Day by day they are increasing in numbers on neck and face. What should I do to get rid of these moles. And what are its causes do that I can take precaution?
How to Remove pimples and holes from face I am using santoor soap so is it good? And please tell me some reminds to remove pimples from oot.
I go to river regularly for bathing but unfortunately l am having some skin problem ; like small pox, I did not understand what to do, please tell me rectifying process.
I am loosing my hair continuously from past 3 years. I have used many types of hair oils but no use. Present I have lost 30% of hair. Wat should I do to prevent my hair fall.
Hi sir Mere face par pimple k red marks ho rahe hai Mera face Black and red type show hota h please koi cream suggest kariye jisse ye red daag clear ho jaye.
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.