Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChaakeYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, am seventh month pregnant now. Still I am not taking saffron for baby colour. If I take from this month is it gives colour to my baby or not.
Doctor, I am a software Engineer. I have PCOS. What type of daily actions I should take to get rid of this PCOS. Upto what extent this is harmful. I am single as of now and will be getting married within a year. Will this lead to any issues in getting pregnancy? I am very much worried. I am following diet, doing exercises. Is this PCOS really dangerous? My periods used to come for exact 19 days with minimal bleeding. I had a check up with doctor and am on medication (Normoz daily two, Femilon 21 day course. Now I am getting periods normally. The medicine course is for 3 months, will I get periods correctly after stopping the medicines? I am also getting hair growth on face and other body parts. Please help me with your valuable suggestions. Is this PCOS really not curable? Thanks, Prathyusha.
Hello, I am 39 weeks pregnant. But my baby lies in posterior cephalic position, So cervix head is not dilated. What should do for normal delivery?
Hi doc! my cousin missed her periods for this month. What could be the possible causes other than pregnancy. please suggest some medicine if it is a hormonal imbalance.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Causes: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.
Hello my wife has pain in her breast in left side. Like muscle catch. When she lift anything from left hand she gets pain. And when she takes deep breath she gets pain. Only In left side below her Breast.
My wife is 50 years. Here periods has stopped about 4 months back. We have had unprotected sex now worried about if there are any chances of conceiving.
I was not having periods since 3 months. Then I had period on 3rd October, my boyfriend and I had sex on 7th October i. E the day after my periods just ended up. Then I had a i-pil. After that I bleed for 2 days i. E. 11.
In India 61 million people are victims of diabetes. Diabetes disease is related to metabolic, in which oxidation of carbohydrates and glucose is not fully detected. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy. Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use. In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds up in the bloodstream.
The main reason is irregular meal, mental stress, lack of exercise. There are two major types of diabetes:
- This is popularly known as juvenile onset diabetes.
- Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.
- People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activities carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.
- Also known as adult onset diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.
- Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.
- Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.
- Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sores or bruises that heal slowly
- Dry, itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feetsymptoms of diabetes
The role of diet in diabetes
Meal of diabetic patient is depending on calories. Which decides on it s age, weight, gender, height, working etc. Depending on each person s different different dietary chart is created. We must take special care of time and amount of food in diabetes. Here we are giving diet chart for general diabetes patient.
Diabetes diet chart:
- Morning at 6: teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder + water.
- Morning at 7: 1 cup sugar free tea + 1-2 mary biscuits.
- Morning at 8.30: 1 plate upma or oatmeal + half bowl sprouted grains + 100ml cream-free milk without sugar
- Morning at 10.30: 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk or lemon water
- Lunch at 1: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, 1 bowl yogurt, half cup soybean or cheese vegetable, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 4 pm: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1-2 less sugar biscuits or toast
- 6 pm: 1 cup soup
- 8.30 pm: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 10.30 pm: take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar.
When you feel hungry intake raw vegetables, salad, black tea, soups, thin buttermilk, lemon water. Avoid it: molasses, sugar, honey, sweets, dry fruits. Foods you must avoid!
- Salt: salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.
- Sugar: sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones. Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.
- Fat: excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit. Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally. But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.
- For non-vegetarians: Try and stop the intake of red meat completely. Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry. You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.
- Whole milk and products: Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd). Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.
- Tea and coffee: Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day. Try to switch to herbal teas.
- White flour and its products: Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.
- Foods with a high glycemic index: Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.
Advice for diabetes patient:
- 35-40 minute faster walk every day.
- Diabetic person should eat food between times intervals like take breakfast in morning, lunch, some snakes and dinner.
- Avoid oily food.
- Intake more fiber foods in meals. It increases glucose level gradually in blood and keeps control.
- Do not take fast and also don t go much party.
- Diabetic person should eat food slowly.
- An obese middle aged or elderly patient with mild diabetes 1000 -1600 kcal.
- An elderly diabetic but not over weight 1400 -1800 kcal.
- A young active diabetic 1800 -3000 kcal.
- Daily intake of carbohydrate: 1/10th of total calories approximately 180gm.
- Daily intake of protein: 60gm to 110gm.
- Daily intake of fat: 50gm to 150gm.
I am 27 years old, whenever I wax my arms it becomes swell and after 2-3 days there are patches on my arms. Please suggest what should I do with my arms?
Hello doctor. My wife is 13 weeks and 6 days pregnant. .Every thing is going fine with her except she is not eating properly. My question is can we have sex? If not then when can we make relation between us?
I am 26 years old lady, I have a baby by operation and immediately after that I feel pain in my spine. Then, please share your information about this.
I got married 1 year back still my wife not pregnant. I just want to ask which is the best time have sex.
Hi doc my second child is now 7 months old. My first child is 2.3 years so means having a gap if only 1 year 6 months. Both my deliveries are of c-sec. Now I want to lose my weight. Currently I am 81 kgs. My stomach muscles are very loose. Not possible for me to go for a walk as my husband is having shifts job. Please advice how to cut down my weight.
Nuking your food in a tupperware container releases toxic chemicals into the food which enters the body at small doses. When you heat the food contamination further increases. This chemical causes insulin resistance and high blood pressure, two factors in diabetes.
Two phthalates compounds (dinp/didp) found in plastic was associated with high blood pressure.
When pregnant woman is exposed to this compounds it may cause lower iq in babies.
What is the solution?
1. Avoid using plastic containers or plastic wraps when microwaving food
2. Avoid washing plastic containers in dishwashers as plasticizers could leak
3. Avoid plastic containers labeled 3, 6, and 7. These numbers usually appear inside the recycle symbol
4. Conventional heating in stainless steel utensils with lpg gas.
Perhaps you should think twice about bringing those leftovers to work in a plastic container, and automatically popping them into the microwave. Instead, use paper plates, bowls, or other forms of dishware to heat up that day-old food.
Thank you for reading it. I hope it has helped you.
Hi i am 21 years old My question is maine sep 5 ko sex kiya nd oct 5 ko date nhi aayi nd mene test bhi kiya 2 baar negative aaya. Uske baad mene menses. R tablet li. Uske baad muje date aa gyi thi. 28 oct ko Nd nov mai 2 din date aayi. Nd dec mai muje date nhi aa rhi hai Kyaa mai pregnant hu. Please
When I sex with my wife what should take care to avoid pregnancy I heard the dates (Periods) when should I participate when should not participate in sex with her please suggest me.
I am suffering from pcod (polyscitic ovary disease. My periods occurs within the interval of 2 months. And bleeding continues whole month. My doc had suggested me to take premolt and regestrone. Plssss tell me is it safe fr me to take those medicines. I am too much confused because these are the periods control medicine and I do not wanna pause my periods fr a short interval of time. Plss help me.
Boost up your metabolism, take off your weight:
How can you boost your metabolism? if you make a goal to keep off your weight gain by increasing your metabolism and like to stick to it, nothing can resist you to attain it. Constant efforts help you to burn your calories.
Probably, you have heard that people like to blame their weight on slow metabolism. But the metabolism can be increased by taking diet properly and doing exercise daily. Someone with high metabolic rate is able to burn calories more efficiently than someone with low metabolic rate.
Is there any possible way to boost up your metabolism?
Diet and physical activities help to rev up your metabolism and doing so it contributes to cut down the weight too. Keeping on the maintenance of lower weight helps to speed up the metabolism you were born with, it can't be happen without constant effort.
If you have tremendous success in losing weight up to a certain point but then suddenly stop seeing results, at that time you encounter a plateau where the people's metabolism has slowed to match their new level of fitness. The metabolism doesn't have to work as hard because there is less body mass to fuel. The person with slower metabolic rate need to boost his metabolism, who will always have to work harder to keep his weight off than a naturally lean person.
You have to need to make some changes in your diet and physical activities so that you can continue to reduce your weight by speed up your metabolism and also these changes could bump you off your fitness plateau :
1. Change your physical activities- You have to increase your intensity and duration of workout gradually. Increase your metabolism by incorporating both cardio and weight training will help to increase your lean muscle mass to burn calories and can try to do some different types of exercise like swimming, bicycling, brisk walking etc.
Aerobic exercise is the most efficient way to burn calories. If you doing so, it will help to break down the plateau.
2. Change your diet- You must have to include complex carbohydrates at least 50 percent in your daily diet so that it will help to your body properly fueled and also include more lean protein.
Omega 3 fats can boost you metabolism than saturated fats which slows down the metabolism. If you plan to consume diet with few complex carbohydrates and more lean proteins for few days, it will definitely help to cut off the fitness plateau.
3. Change your lifestyle at some extent- Either you are taking the meals every couple of hours or some number of meals in a day, should be fit in your lifestyle.
Eat everyday at same time as what will be your meal time, have breakfast daily at same time, then you will be less likely to binge later in the day and will also help you to boost up youmetabolism.
Drinking plenty of water is healthful in many reasons but won't help to boost your metabolism, it will help to cut down on the amount of calories you will eat.
Don't eat close to bedtime because doing it so won't increase your metabolism, but it will resist you to put on your weight by eating up extra calories.
There are many dietary supplements claim that these will help to accelerate individual's metabolism and help to burn calories or reduce weight. They attracts people who are overwhelmed to loosing their weight. So, people can't analyze that these can have some side effects. The fact is there's no magical stick or pill or bullet help to lose your weight. It only comes down by doing proper physical activities and taking proper diet.