Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chaake
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChaakeYour feedback matters!
Good morning sir, I married 1 year before, due to m in police training I cannot meet frequently in intercourse, now I want child to conceive my wife so I request you kindly mention the ovulation dates after menstrual periods. Kindly give the information clearly dates. And my wife periods usually delay 2-10 days every month Kindly do the needful Thanking you.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I had unprotected sex 2 weeks ago. But I consumed ipill within 2 hrs. But after a week of sex I saw some blood discharge i.e on 3rd sep and I had my periods just 15 days before u.e 18th aug. Please let me know is this the sign of pregnancy?
How do you feel? Excited/overwhelmed/terrified?
Needn't worry, just relax.
At natal wise learn to relax and stretch with trimester appropriate exercises which will help you cope with ever-growing body with baby in your womb.
Pre-natal exercises are an important aspect of your months of pregnancy.
Pregnant and active! well why not?
=pre-natal stretching helps you ease your stiff joints and muscles (esp. Abdomninal muscles to accommodate to your growing baby) and also any aches and pains that are common on the joints and ligaments.
=exercises will strengthen your joints
=stretches with breathing techniques helps in increasing the oxygen level to the baby and also increases the blood circulation to all parts of the body.
=helps you sleep better
=regular 1 hour of exercises helps ward off gestational diabetes, high blood pressure and keeps all your stats in control.
= helps you re-gain your pre-pregnancy shape.
=makes you feel good and helps in keeping the skin glowing with blood circulation.
Imp: during pregnancy do not exercise on your own by watching dvds or you-tube, always exercise under a supervision of a certified child-birth educator who can guide you the right kind of exercise fort each individual specification.