Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Celcia D'silvaYour feedback matters!
My teeth is yellow am using many medicines but no use of it? Please give any suggestions to, my teeth?
Hello doctors, I found out that I have wisdom teeth erupting and its very painful even when I make any movement and i am unable to eat anything. Please suggest me any pain killer or gel? Thank you.
Hello Dr. Recently 2 months back I cleaned my teeth because of plaque corners f my teeth my dentist used some tool to clean up that but gaps are formed between the front teeth n below teeth as well. I asked at that tme itself there's gap between my teeth. But Dr. Said it come to normal. But still the same problem. Pls prescribed me how to get back my gums tight again and those gaps get reduce. And I don't want to again go to dentist and disturb my teeth. Which makes my smile more ugly Thank u. Hope you answer me soon.
Diabetes is a degenerative disease, which affects your metabolism. As a result of metabolic irregularities, every part of the body is affected. The following are early indications of untreated diabetes:
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Increased hunger
In addition to the ones above, the following are associated symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing of cuts
- Itchy skin
How can diabetes affect your mouth?
- Diabetes increases the risk of infections and delayed regeneration of damaged/dead cells. As a result, fungal infections like thrush may develop in your mouth.
- Because of poor healing of wounds as a result of diabetes, extensive gum damage may occur.
- Periodontitis is a severe effect of diabetes in which your gums begin to move away from your teeth, leading to a formation of pockets between your gums and teeth, which fill up with pus and germs. The damage can be stopped only with gum surgery and removal of affected teeth.
The single most effective way to prevent damage to your teeth is to actively control blood sugar content by regularly taking medicines and following a healthy diet recommended by your doctor. Common methods of dental protection go a long way to help prevent oral problems because of diabetes. These include:
- Brush thoroughly and carefully after every meal (wait 30 minutes for food acids to neutralize, and then brush as this helps in effective cleaning)
- Use non-alcoholic mouthwash to treat dry mouth and disinfect the oral cavity
- Floss at least once everyday
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush
- Remove your dentures and clean them regularly. Do not sleep putting them on
- Quit smoking, chewing tobacco and chewing gums with sugar in them
I have not clean my tongue since last few months. What should I do to clean it now and remove the bad breadth.
Foul smell comes from my mouth whole day even if I brush my teeth two times a day Please give quick response to my question and give effective ways to eliminate this problem.
I have yellow blackish front teeth from inner side. Suggest me how to get rid from these yellow stains.
I have no teeth problem. The problem is about the color of my teeth. Though they are a lot better when compared with others, but I feel they're becoming yellow day by day. And my lower jaw front teeth borders are fixed with dark yellow dirt. I try to clean it by brushing a bit hard daily morning, but I couldn't succeed. Will teeth cleaning by a dentist help my problem? People say that, if we once attend a dentist for cleaning, then we must make a habit of attending for regular cleaning. Is that true? I'm a kind a man who prefer natural solutions. They make appreciable suggestions. Thank you.
My teeth pains when I drink or eat cold foods. It is very sensitive and I can't enjoy cold stuffs please help.
Hello. Am suffering from bad smell which cmng frm my mouth. I'll brush my teeth twice a day bt after 1 hour it is continue with smell. I can't able to talk with my friends. Bt one thing that I observed is. The smell is cmng frm my throat not from my teeth. please help me.
Always wear a full-face helmet or a mouthguard while playing sports. It will protect your mouth from any unnecessary injury.
I have mouth smell , I also use mouth wash , can you recommend me any other mouth wash or any medicine free for smell.
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.