Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C N PurandareYour feedback matters!
What is a Urinalysis?
A urinalysis is a laboratory test of urine commonly referred to by medical professionals as a “UA.” The urine is evaluated for the presence of certain chemicals. A microscopic exam of the urine is also done to look for abnormalities.
A urinalysis is indicated for evaluating pets with urinary abnormalities such as increased urine production, increased urinary frequency, straining to urinate, bloody urine or abnormal color to the urine. This test can also be helpful in cases of unexplained fever, loss of appetite or weight loss. A urinalysis is often done when indicated by the results of an X-ray, results of blood tests indicating a problem with the urinary system or as a follow up to physical examination when abnormalities are detected.
Any evaluation for health or illness should include a urinalysis. Urinalysis results can give an idea of hydration and kidney function; it can also indicate inflammation or infections in the urinary tract.
There is no real contraindication to performing this test. Even normal results help determine health or exclude certain diseases.
Why Is It Done?
Perhaps you might have noticed that even when you go for your routine health checkup, the physician would suggest you to undergo a urine examination. Similarly, when you approach the doctor for a certain specific ailment, then also the physician may suggest you to undergo a urine test. This test is necessary because urine provides considerable data to the physician to ascertain the cause of your ailment. Urine examination is very important as it indicates the state of your general health. A urinalysis is done for several reasons:
- To check your overall health: Your doctor may recommend a urinalysis as part of a routine medical exam, pregnancy checkup, pre-surgery preparation, or on hospital admission to screen for a variety of disorders, such as diabetes, kidney disease and liver disease.
- To diagnose a medical condition: Your doctor may suggest a urinalysis if you're experiencing abdominal pain, back pain, frequent or painful urination, blood in your urine, or other urinary problems. A urinalysis may help diagnose the cause of these symptoms.
- To monitor a medical condition: If you've been diagnosed with a medical condition, such as kidney disease or a urinary tract disease, your doctor may recommend a urinalysis on a regular basis to monitor your condition and treatment.
Other uses of urine examination:
Urine examination or analysis is also called as “urinalysis”. The urine examination reveals early signs of various diseases including ailments like diabetes and kidney diseases. Further, if you are suffering from any infection, the urine analysis will be helpful in determining the type of infection. It also helps in determining pregnancy.
Process of filtration:
As you know, it is the kidneys, which throw out urine. Further, urine contains waste materials removed from the blood by a process of filtration performed by the kidney. In fact, even the health of the kidney can be assessed by a urine examination.
Some of the other salient features of urine analysis are briefly described here:
- In the case of patients suffering from chronic kidney ailment, periodical urine examination will help the physician ascertain the health of the kidney. For example, presence of protein beyond a certain level would be a pointer to evaluate the health of your kidney. Interestingly, in some cases, a few people may release excess protein only occasionally. Therefore, during the course of urine examination, they might not have released excess protein. It is for this reason that the doctor may suggest repeated urine analysis to evaluate the health of the kidney.
- The process of urine analysis is normally grouped into three, namely visual colour examination of the urine, dip stick examination and microscopic examination. The type of examination normally depends on the ailment suspected. Further, depending on the results of urine analysis, the physician may suggest you to undergo various other urine tests.
- Sometimes the accuracy of the results of urine analysis can be affected because of certain medicines that you may be taking or dehydration and for various other reasons. In such cases, the physician may suggest you to repeat the urine examination after a few days.
In some cases, the pathologist may provide certain instructions before collecting your urine for a thorough examination. For example, you may be asked to go empty stomach or a few hours after the meals and so on. Follow these instructions scrupulously; after all, instructions are for the sake of your health and its benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.
What are the precautions taken for making normal delivery after first delivery as sisserian or other?
I am 25 years old. I am married and I have one male kid 2 years old. Now im using Yasmin tablet as a birth control pills. After taking it I feel tired so can I continue the tablet and I should use daily that tablet please suggest me.
Cervical cancer occurs in the cervical cells which are present in the lower part of the uterus. It is usually caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) which is transmitted sexually. However, in some cases, the virus may survive for a few years, causing some cells of the cervix to become cancerous.
Cervical cancer is usually classified into two types:
- Adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the column shaped glandular cells along the lining of the cervix.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Most cases of cervical cancer are of this type. Here, the cancer occurs in the flat and thin cells that are present in the outer region of the cervix.
Symptoms: Usually, very few symptoms show up in the initial stages. However, the latter stages tell a different story. The symptoms at an advanced stage are:
- You may experience pain during sexual intercourse
- Foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding from the vagina during sexual intercourse
Causes: Cervical cancer develops due to the mutation of healthy cells which makes turns them into malignant (cancerous) cells. The cancerous cells tend to grow at a fast pace, thus accumulating and forming a tumor. The cancerous cells may also spread to the adjoining areas of the body.
There are certain factors which increase your chances of being affected by cervical cancer:
- Too many sexual partners: The chances of cervical cancer increase significantly if you have multiple sexual partners.
- A weak immune system: A weak immune system makes you highly susceptible to cervical cancer.
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors such as smoking can increase your risk of cervical cancer.
The treatment for cervical cancer involves the following:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves injecting chemicals into the vein to destroy the cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy consists of using x-rays to destroy the cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be used alongside chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells.
- Surgery: Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is used in the treatment of cervical cancer. It involves removal of the uterus to treat this disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Juice fasting has become a popular way for people to detoxify their body and lose weight, provided they do it in a healthy way and for a limited time. Juice fasting consists of cutting out all solid food for a period of time, replacing your entire food intake with various fruit and vegetable juices. Since fruits and vegetables contain high concentrations of nutrients and antioxidants, low levels of calories, and almost no fat, this can be an excellent way to get your health back on track.
Benefits of juice fasting
Some of the top benefits of juice fasting include strengthening the immune system, losing weight, preventing cancer, detoxifying the body, improving digestion and improving repair throughout the body.
1. Boosts immune system
Many vegetable and fruit juices arerich in vitamin c, vitamin a, lycopene, beta-carotene, and an array of immune-boosting minerals. With your system flooded with these protective nutrients, many of which are antioxidants, your immune system will be able to better defend against infections and pathogens.
2. Helps in weight loss
Juice fasting can aid in weight loss because you will be consuming fewer calories than an average diet, while also stimulating the metabolism and lowering cholesterol levels. However, juice fasting often causes a loss of water weight, which can return to a certain degree after the fast is over.
3. Prevents cancer
With numerous antioxidants in vegetables and fruit, and a removal of processed foods and artificial sugars, juice fasting can lower the impact of oxidative stress and reduce your risk for chronic disease, like cancer.
4. Detoxifies the body
With a pure liquid diet, and the diuretic properties of many fruit and vegetable juices, this diet approach can flush out toxins from the kidney and liver, and has been shown to reduce excess mucus in various areas of the body.
5. Improves digestion
By removing dietary fiber from your daily intake, you can allow your digestive system to rest and more efficiently absorb key nutrients and antioxidants during the course of the fast.
What is juice fasting and how to do it?
Juice fasting means eliminating all solid food from your diet for an extended period of time, and only consuming vegetable and fruit juice. In most cases, this also means eliminating all of the dietary fiber from your diet, as a juicer will prevent any of those fibers from being included in the juice. Using a blender and straining your juice can have a similar effect.
The best way to do a juice fast is to stock up on a variety of fruits and vegetables and clear out excess carbohydrates and snacks from your home. It may be easy to avoid making yourself a steak, but after a few days of a juice fast, a bag of potato chips may begin to look extremely tempting.
Most juice fasting diets urge you to consume 5-6 different juice mixes each day, some of which may be repeated. It is important to get as many essential nutrients as possible, which will require drinking different blends of fruits and vegetables, as each has a different nutrient profile. Drinking 6-8 glasses of a single juice is quite boring, and will make it harder for you to succeed in your fast. Finally, certain fruits and vegetables are extremely high in certain nutrients, and there is always the danger of consuming too much of one nutrient (e. G, hyperkalemia – an excess of potassium).
How safe is juice fasting?
There is significant debate about the safety of juice fasting, since it is inherently reducing your intake of certain nutrients that a balanced diet would provide. By depriving the body of calories and protein, it is possible to weaken the immune system and losing muscle mass, while also leading to nutrient deficiencies if the juice fast isn’t done properly.
While there are experts on both sides, claiming the benefits and dangers of juice fasting, they can all agree that diversity of vegetables and fruit is crucial, as is closely monitoring one’s calorie intake and nutrient balance. The duration of a juice fast is also a matter of intense debate.
How long can you do juice fasting?
Most experts do not recommend juice fasting for more than 3 days, while others have praised the benefits of extended juice fasting – up to 3 weeks at a time! however, if you are depriving your body of dietary fiber, protein, fats and calories for more than a few days – a week at the most – you are likely to start seeing negative effects. You may experience dizziness or lightheadedness if your juices are primarily vegetable-based, as vegetables have less calories. A juice fast of more than 3 days may also result in exhaustion and muscle weakness, due to the low intake of protein.
Beyond 3 days, many people extend a juice diet, which means that most of your meals consist of juice, but a small meal at night, often rich in protein, rounds out the healthy day. Generally speaking, 3 days is the accepted limit for a pure juice fast, but depending on your present health condition, slightly longer juice fasts may be acceptable.
Juice fasting recipes
Some of the best ingredients for juice fasting can be spread across your meals for a balanced and delicious approach to juice fasting.
Morning: celery, kale, green apple, lemon, lime and ginger.
Afternoon: papaya, pineapple, ginger, kiwi and coconut water.
Evening: mango, blueberries, kale, lemon, avocado, flax seeds and coconut water.
My hcg level is 947.07 on 26th may. I have irregular periods and my lmp is on march 25. Is it normal to have this level?
So explain this Harvard study “A study at Harvard found that women who ate two or more servings of low-fat or non-fat dairy per day, like skim milk or yogurt, had 85% higher risk of infertility than those that ate full-fat dairy products.” Low fat milk process from same research “Let us get rid of one fallacy which is that skim milk is actually milk that has had the cream skimmed off the top. That actually sounds logical but it is not how is done, at least not in this modern world. That process would not remove all the cream so what is done in modern processing is the milk is spun around with centrifuges, eventually completely separating the cream (fat) and milk. It is first clarified, then separated, then pasteurized (or ultra-pasteurized), and then finally homogenized. This over-processing has now removed every healthy vitamin, living enzyme, and natural mineral. Welcome to your now-dead beverage……Skim milk will not support life. So by removing the cream you have essentially turned the milk into something completely useless, especially the pasteurized variety as you have not only removed the healthy fat but you have also as stated removed the living nutrients.” So doctors are recommending one solution for weight gain and letting people to multiple major problems infertility, natural strength.
Hi, I'm 37 years old and I'm 9 weeks pregnant, I do not feel like eating anything, just due to this I'm feeling like gas and due to this sometime drink ENO, is it safe to drink this, what is the best best things to eat during pregnancy. Kindly help me.
DON'T ACT THE 7 ACTIONS BELOW AFTER YOU HAVE A MEAL.
* Don't smoke- Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).
* Don't eat fruits immediately -When you eat your fruits with meals, the fruit is stuck in the stomach along with the contents of the meals and cannot reach the intestines in time. Lying there they get spoilt and spoil the remaining food in the stomach too. Thus it is recommended that you eat a fruit at least one hour after eating a meal or before your meal and preferably in the morning with empty stomach. It is in the morning that the body can best use the nutrients in the fruit and get enough energy to start the day.
* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.It is preferable to drink tea an hour after meals.
* Don't loosen your belt -Fiction, not particularly bad for you!
We generally have an attitude that a good meal is that which forces us to loosen our belts. However, loosening the belt is bad, not because it causes the intestines to twist or block but because it means that you have over eaten to a level that you are uncomfortable. Loosening of the belt may also cause you to feel comfortable once again which means you may continue overeating.
So eat only to the extent that you can be comfortable without loosening your belt!
* Don't bathe - Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
* Don't walk about -Fact, it is bad for you! Walking directly after meals is a bad idea, it can result to acid reflux and indigestion. However, walking about half an hour after meals is known to be good for you. Researchers in the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina, have found that walking after exercise is a good way to burn energy.
The point to note is when to walk, you should ideally walk for about 10 minutes and only 20-30 minutes after meal to prevent acid reflux and stomach upsets.
* Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.