Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. C. K. RoygagaYour feedback matters!
Menorrhagia is a condition that is marked by heavy menstrual bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycles. Most women have a unique bleeding pattern during that time of the month with the flow going up and down over the first few days. Yet, for many women, the bleeding becomes consistently heavy during all the days of the period, during which the period itself may get extended by a few days. If this pattern continues to occurs, one must get it checked out by a doctor at the earliest. Here are a few ways in which this condition may be treated.
Factors considered during treatment: Before the treatment starts, and during the diagnosis stage, the doctor will take a look at a number of factors so that the correct form of treatment may be prescribed to the patient. To begin with, the doctor will take a complete medical history of the patient, including the family history to ascertain whether or not there may be a genetic problem at play. Further, the future childbearing plans of the patient will also be taken into consideration in such cases so that the treatment method does not hinder such plans. Also, the doctor will also try and understand the effect of the symptoms of this condition before prescribing any particular medication and surgery.
- Medication: Iron supplements and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines will be prescribed for the patient to bring down the level of inflammation and restore the production of blood, which will make up for the rapidly flowing blood from the body. This will also prevent the risk of anemia (Learn how anemia affects the human health). Oral contraceptives, tranexamic acid, oral progesterone and hormonal therapy can also help in such cases.
- Dilation and curettage: This procedure is also known as D&C, and it basically helps in dilation or opening up of the cervix so that the doctor may suction the tissue from the uterine lining. This tissue is usually known to bring about excessive bleeding.
- Uterine artery embolisation: This is a procedure which shrinks any existing fibroids that may be the cause behind excessive bleeding. In this procedure, the uterine arteries are blocked and the blood supply to the same is cut off so that the fibroids do not get a chance to grow and cause unnecessary pressure that may lead to excessive bleeding.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that removes the cervix as well as the uterus (You can learn more about infections of the Uterus), and is usually the last resort followed by most doctors. In such cases, the doctor will first ascertain whether or not you plan to have any children in the future. Additionally, the ovaries may also be removed if the condition has spread too much to be contained sufficiently.
Due to diabetes attack ,my mental condition are getting worse day by day ,is there any treatment for it?
Iam 26 years old. Have height of 164cm. But my weight is 53. Sir how can I improve my weight? Is it possible increase the height? How much can I improve approximately?
I am not gaining weight for last 4 years. And I don't know what to do. I eat the same food what my friends eat but they gain weight I don't. Please help.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is a common hormonal disorder, which occurs in almost every women aged 18 to 24. In PCOS, the level of male hormones that is androgens are more than normal limits. In other women it is present in smaller quantities. And increase in such levels, cause delay and disturbances with your menstrual cycle. The main cause of this disorder is however, not known, but it generally runs in genes. The symptoms start generally early after your menarche. Obesity is another factor which causes PCOS.
Some of the signs and symptoms of PCOS are:
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Cysts in the ovaries
- Excess male hormones
- Skin discolorations
Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the main cause of PCOS and it is therefore one of the best alternatives. Given below are some of the best homeopathic medicines for the treatment of PCOS:
- Apis Mellifica: If you are suffering from PCOS with a stinging pain in the ovarian region, Apis Mellifica is one of the best homeopathic medicine for you. The pain is accompanied by tenderness over the abdomen and uterine region.
- Pulsatilla: You can take Pulsatilla if your periods are late and scanty. You usually feel thirst less. You also suffer from mood swings. You might feel happy at one moment and sad the very next moment. You may as well feel irritated.
- Sepia: Sepia is one of the homeopathic medicines in treating PCOS when pain bears down in the lower back and abdomen. Your periods are irregular, either too early or too late.
- Lachesis: If you have an aversion of wearing anything tight, Lachesis is a pretty good homeopathic remedy for you. Your periods can slow down your periods due to weak flow. The pain in the abdomen are relieved once your flow starts. Jealousy is another common symptom.
- Graphites: Graphites is one of the best homeopathic medicine if you have PCOS along with constipation. You generally have a stout build up. You feel chilly most of the time with a tearing pain in the stomach region.
I'm have good bmi, But I'm not a good how to increase my physics n balance my my bmi I'm 20 know. please give me a balanced diet too?
suffering from weight loss. I have lost 12kg weight in last 5 years. My height is 6ft and my current weight is 59. I want to gain 4 kg in a month. I think I should be at least 70 kg My age is 24.
I want to gain HB count from 7.8 to 14 . I am 20 years yng girl with 5.3 height and 46 kg weight. Suggest me some diet plan . I am vegetarian. .
I have teeth pain for over 3 days, I cannot eat properly cavity is their today I have already taken one pain killer and one antibiotic still not getting any relief please advise what I have to do?
My wife is 30 years old ,before 05 month she was effected by diabetes ,now her fasting blood sugar is 434 and pp is more than 600. She is taking levemir insulin 20 units at day time, taking volibo 0.03 tablet three time and metmofin two time. My question is how can I reduce sugar level quickly?
Hi, I am experiencing from lower back pain for the past few months. I mean its not extreme but I can understand if I neglect this it would be a major thing in the future. So the pain is on the left side lower back. ALso when I do stretches I notice some kind of pain somewhere at the hip joint. Could you please assist me with this?
When a hole develops in the wall of the gallbladder, rectum, large bowel, small intestine, stomach or oesophagus, it is called gastrointestinal perforation. It is a medical emergency that needs urgent medical attention.
Symptoms of gastrointestinal perforation (GP) usually include
1. Serious stomach pain
Peritonitis (abdominal cavity lining inflammation) can also accompany the abovementioned condition. So in addition to the above symptoms, you may also experience peritonitis symptoms such as:
2. Passing less gas, urine or stools
3. Breathing difficulties
4. Fast heartbeats
Certain diseases can cause Gastro-intestinal perforation, such as:
2. Diverticulitis (A type of digestive disorder)
3. Stomach ulcer
5. Gallbladder infection
6. Inflammatory bowel diseases (inflammation in the small intestine and the colon)
7. Swollen Meckel’s diverticulum (abnormal bulging of the small intestine at birth)
8. Gastrointestinal tract cancer
Besides diseases, the following conditions can also lead to Gastro-intestinal perforation:
1. Blunt abdominal trauma
2. Gunshot or knife wound to the abdomen
3. Abdominal surgery
4. Stomach ulcers caused by excessive consumption of steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin
5. Ingestion of caustic substances or foreign objects
Other than these, drinking alcohol, smoking and bowel injuries (caused by colonoscopy or endoscopy) can lead to GP as well.
Treatment options available
This condition is mostly treated with surgery. The goal of the surgery is to repair the anatomical problem and cause of peritonitis, along with removal of any foreign object in the abdominal socket, such as food, faeces and bile. However, if your doctor deems surgery unnecessary (in instances where the hole closes voluntarily) you will be only given antibiotics.
In some cases, a section of the intestine might need to be removed. An ileostomy or colostomy is performed where a portion of the large or small intestine is removed, which grants intestinal contents to empty or drain into a bag implanted on the wall of your abdomen.
The complications include:
2. Sepsis (Critical and fatal bacterial infection)
3. Belly ulcers
4. Wound infection
5. Bowel infarction (impaired supply of blood to the bowels)
6. Permanent colostomy or ileostomy
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.