Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. BrijeshYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from my eye doses please help me its really so irritated me its so painful so please help me immediately.
Foods for eye health
Carrots really are good for your eyes. So are spinach, nuts, oranges, beef, fish, whole grains, and many other foods in a healthy diet. Look for foods with antioxidants such as omega-3 fatty acids; vitamins c, e, and beta-carotene; as well as zinc, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Research shows those nutrients may make age-related macular degeneration less likely.
I had undergone a laser operation for my eyes before 2yrs. I'm normal after that but due to my face eyes are looking little bit inside. How can I solve it.
I am having glaucoma in both eyes both eyes have been operated for cataract I am 77 years of age I am using 0.1mg/ml lumigan daily at 9 pm any other advice.
I had undergone LASIK eye surgery 1 year ago. Now my eyes remain dry and yellow n red spots on my eyeball. Any eye drop to whiten my eyeballs?
I am a 21 years old boy and my I always have pain in my eyes and head whenever I concentrate hard what should I do?
I have our left eye red and lite pain in my eye and not adjustments by eye on objects. Given proper solutions.
I have computer visual syndrome. It started 1 and half years back and consult a doctor after 1 year. The power I have is 0.7 which is my starting power. I do feel that the eye becoming dry while using mobiles and laptops. This problem happens because I started over usage of my mobile when I was in college. I am not comfort using glass or contact lens. Is there any possibility to return my eye power.
I am 26 years old and due to summer season this time I got allergies in my eyes , what is the reason behind this and what should I do for the same.
I was having eye sight and gone for laser surgery last September 2015. Now I went to doctor and he said I'm having eyesight but very minute and suggested me to use it only when I am in front of computer. Is there any way I can reduce my eye sight and avoid using glasses.
I have the problem in my eyes since my birth. I wear glasses from kindergarten and now I'm in class 11th. How can I remove my glasses?
I have to work 8-10 Hours on laptop, but I am bothering whether my eye sight will not go weak, Please advice to keep my eyes better forever? Any good Health TIps?
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.