Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Boomi IchhaporiaYour feedback matters!
Respected Doctor many time I feel fearness and heavy heart beat ,My BP 140/90, ECG is OK , What may be the problem. Please suggest for any test for confirm that my heart is OK or give other necessary advice, Dr. Sony give advice for stress test ,it mean TMT and it is OK and sufficient.
I have chest pain since last one week what should I do to get relief soon. Please answer my query soon.
After an attack of myocarditis, what are the chances of having it again? How sensitive is that case after one attack?
I am suffering from cholesterol gland in my body, there are no hurt for me, please suggest solution for future purpose, What should I do decrease cholesterol? What type of diet as well as exercise for help less cholesterol? Please provide details knowledge about this?
Dear doctor, if one's weight is reduced due to chronic anxiety, will his bad cholesterol LDL be reduced in blood?
Hello Doctors, respect and thanks in advance for commenting on my query, I am sure I will get an ‘expert’ advise eventually. Well, my mother is 58 years old weighing 62 kgs. She is a diabetic (no insulin injection) and her sugar reports are as follows:- Plasma Glucose (F) – 124 and Plasma Glucose (P.P) – 201 mg/dl. She is also a heart patient, she gets tired (haapti hain aur paseena aataa hain) after walking for 1-2 kilometres and we are visiting a cardiologist every 3 months from last 12 years. Her current HEART medicines are Valent 40, Tide 5 Mg, Tide 10 mg, xplode tab, Asomex 2.5 mg, tonact 10 mg, Glycomet 250 mg and rivotril 0.5 mg. As per recent 2D echo test, her heart’s efficiency is 35%. Our regular cardiologist says, she has to take these medicines for lifelong with no option. My mom is scared of Angiography and says she don’t want to take chances with her life with this test due to her fear. Our reason to worry these days is different, she is getting tingling, tickling or prickling sensation experienced in her hands at regular intervals from last 10-12 days, I believe medical term is “Paresthesia”. I am tensed and I really want to take preventive measures for my mom due to this unusual and regular sensation. Simultaneously I also want to get her treated “permanently” from this heart disease. Can all experts please comment, firstly on “Paresthesia” and then on permanent freedom from this heart medicines / disease? Which type of tests I should do first (full body check up) or which type of doctor shall I see on priority, if required?
Hello sir, My father had two times heart attack recently, his age is 61. Whenever we reported our nearest cardiology hospital, Doctor carried out angiography and given final diagnosis are. CAD DOUBLE VESSEL DISEASES AOE II DIABETES melitus HYPERTENSION ANEMIA DIABETIC neuropathy NORMAL LV FUNCTION ACHD SMALL RESTRICTIVE PM VSD HYPOTHYROIDISM And given advice to PCI TO RCA, LCx His blood pressure and thyroid issue has been 20 years old and he taken medicine regularly. Recently we know about his diabetic and serum creatinine After done CAG (angiography) her blockage in RCA is 85% and LCx 65%. Doctor has given a lot of medicine including wepox 4000 units injection. Please help me out what we taken next step to overcome this problem as soon as possible.
Hi, I want to know how to reduce the belly fat and cholesterol level in the blood. My husband is 27 yrs old and he has this problems with him.
I suffered from dengue and recovered; I witnessed palpitations and my family doctor told me that it is due to weakness ; what are the remedies to lower palpitations?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.