Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Biraj MehtaYour feedback matters!
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Whenever I eat something cold or hot I can feel something in my teeth with a bit pain. so, what should I do?
Dear sir/madam, I have a bad habit that I take tobacco and thats why my teeth became dirty. But I can not clean my teeth by tooth brush So give me some suggestion that I can take care of my teeth.
There is blood coming from my gums and teeth and my teeth is also yellow coloured. I tried many toothpaste and tooth powder but all in vain. Please tell me solution.
I have some gap between the two teeth of upper side. I want to fill the gap using brace set. What is the cost of brace set and what time period required to fill the gap using brace set? Is there any side effect for using brace set? Do you have any other operation for filling the gap between the two teeth?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"