Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bindu MulekarYour feedback matters!
Vaginal itching is a condition which occurs when the vagina comes in contact with irritants or because of a vaginal infection. Menopause may also lead to conditions that trigger itching in the vagina. In some cases, sexually transmitted diseases and skin allergies also lead to vaginal itching. The conditions in itself is not a major cause of concern, however, one should consult a doctor to treat the underlying condition, if any.
The main component of vaginal itching is the trigger, as there can be many of them. The various causes of vaginal itching are-
Irritants: Vaginal contact with certain irritants can be the cause behind vaginal itching. Some common substances that irritate the vagina are:
Skin Problems: Certain skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis can result in itching and redness in the genitals. Eczema is a condition which is akin to allergies. Psoriasis is a condition which is characterized by itchy, scaly and red patches on the skin. These symptoms may slowly start spreading to the vagina.
Infections in the Vagina: Infections in the vagina such as bacterial vaginosis and yeast infection can lead to vaginal itching. In addition to the vaginal itching, they can also lead to a foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
Menopause: During menopause, the estrogen levels in the body dip, thus resulting in a dry vagina. A dry vagina can sometimes lead to vaginal itching.
Stress: Excessive stress can lead to vaginal itching as stress affects the immune system in the body. A weakened immune system makes one prone to a number of disorders, vaginal itching being one of them.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases: STDs such as gonorrhea and chlamydia are disorders, symptoms of which include itching in the vagina.
The treatment for vaginal itching begins with a diagnosis of the underlying condition that might be causing it in the first place. The treatment for this disorder is cause specific; hence the underlying condition needs to be identified. Antibiotics and antifungal medications may be administered to treat vaginal itching. For menopause related causes, estrogen creams or tablets are required.
You can also take preventive measures such as:
Avoid using scented soaps.
Use protection during sex.
Wear cotton based underwear.
Eat plenty of yoghurt. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 29 years old female. Had a missed miscarriage in march. Now pregnant again but currently have spotting daily. I am 5 weeks plus. Dr. advised antiphospholipid and la profile. Which showed ptt-la value of 38.10 with reference range 25-32. And drvvt 34.40 with reference range 36-50. Screen ratio is .89. interpretation is no la coagulant. Phospholipid test is normal. Will this pregnancy survive?
5. Dark chocolate
7. Green tea
11. Oat meal
12. Red wine
14. Pomegranates or Anaar
and don't forget to work out at least 3 times a week.
Can on 31 oct and period on 8 nov and now stomach is paining any chance of pregnancy. After period I think on chan ce?
As the world has moved and is moving towards a more sedentary lifestyle, where non sedentary jobs have become lesser, posture is something that tends to get affected a lot.
Let's look at how some of these bad body postures can affect your health in the long run:
- Increases depression and stress: Many studies have revealed that walking or sitting in a slouched or generally bad position increases the susceptibility to depression and stress. Slouching or sitting in a bad position and thus developing a bad posture will constrict the body, resulting in the poor blood flow. This may cause you to be irritable and tired and over a long time it will contribute to depression and increased stress levels.
- Bad breathing patterns: The lungs and the rib cage in your body need to be expanded fully to work at their best capacity. However, due to bad body postures, the rib cage and the lungs will be constricted and not be able to work at full capacity. This over time will build up to create long term problems with breathing as well as other resulting health problems.
- Problems with digestion: As is the case with breathing problems, when the body posture is not correct it will also affect digestion. This is so, as bad posture also affects the intestines and if they are pressured or constricted in any way, will affect the entire digestion process. Slouching may also cause you to develop a paunch or belly over time due to a combination of bad postures and digestive problems.
- Developing chronic pain in the back shoulders and neck: This is probably the most common and the most quickly noticeable problem, if you have a bad posture. Most of the population with sedentary lifestyle either currently has or has experienced this problem in their back, shoulders and neck. This is again due to constrictions of the muscles and misalignment of the various bones that support these parts. Long term misalignment could cause deformities that could spiral into problems, which are far worse.
- Headaches caused by muscle tension within the body due to bad postures: This has afflicted most of the sedentary work force all over the work, at some point of time or the other. While sitting in a bad position for a prolonged period, the tension in the muscles will build up releasing chemicals that may contribute to headaches. If these become frequent they could contribute to other health problems such as high blood pressure in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 23 years old. I have sex with mt girlfriend. But I have not use condom so you ask me I have in any problem?
Hi my wife 3 month pregnant butt we don't want as already have baby 6 month old kindly please suggest some medicine for abortion.
I am 44 years old, my wife" s age is 34 years old, we have married since 8 years but my wife has no a baby till date. Today I gave my semen to srl pathology for analysis. The result are follows, Volume of semen --3.0ml. Colour- creamy white Appearance --- opaque liquefaction time- 20 min. Reaction -- alkaline Total sperm count --62 Actively motile ---55% Slug. Motile- 20% Non-motile ---------25% Normal spermatozoa --74% Abnormal spermatozoa --26% Pus cells (semen) ------- 0-2 Rbc (semen) --------------- nil Can I conceive my wife in the above analysis? Please tell me what can I do. Please describe the problems in the above analysis. Thanking you, With regards Ajit kumar pattanaik.
My mensuration started late at the age of 18, with medications. As a child I was diagnosed with epilepsy and took medication for 7 years. I had a depressing childhood, with lots of pressures to cope up with. Everything was normal until at the age of 23 I stopped having my mensuration, after lots of test and medication for year and a half from best experience d doctors nothing changed I changed my gyno and had all the test dine, their is nothing wrong in the test, I do have small ovaries but nothing wrong as told by doctor. I even got my gluten checked but alas, it was also fine. The doctor has prescribed me femilon, and has told me to continue, hopping sometime I might get my periods again Kindly, let me know if their is I can do about this condition. I want to be normal again, medication is not my thing. I have gained weight around 3 kg. I also have vitamin D deficiency.
Dear mam I am pregnant. But I don't want. What I do next. Please give your best suggestion. Any pills for avoid this pregnancy. I am 1 week pregnant. Please help.
I have mucous discharge when I go to nature call and I feel like going again and again sometimes I also see plugs of mucous when I defecate and I also have little itching.
I am 35 Weeks Pregnant and my hemoglobin level Is now 7.7 what to do? Is it any dangerous in delivery section? Whether it will affect to me or my baby?
Dr. my age 38 my period irregular problem. I was checked my blood report Dr. told your hormone imbalance your period naturally gone. I am very tension. I am devocy. I will try second marriage. How can possible come my regular periods.
Haldi is a vital spice used in the Indian cuisine and other south Asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous Asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to Ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen, and drink up to a healthier you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.