Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bijoy Ibrahim
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Bijoy IbrahimYour feedback matters!
I had a surgery for fissure. Lateral internal sphincterotomy couple of days back. And I was told that I can return to work after 3 to 4 days from surgery. I asked my surgeon many times after surgery and got the same answer. Now m having little pain but manageable. Is it ok to resume work 4 days after surgery ?my work involves travelling 2 hrs and sitting for 7 hrs. Please suggest if it will have adverse effect on my wound.
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are bacterial infections in the urinary system. They’re very common and usually not serious, though there can be exceptions.
Your urinary tract includes your bladder, kidneys, ureters (two tubes that go from your kidneys to your bladder), and urethra (how urine goes out of your body from your bladder).
If you have a UTI in your kidneys, doctors call it pyelonephritis. If it’s in your bladder, the medical term is cystitis.
Who Gets Urinary Tract Infections?
Anyone can. But UTIs are more likely if you:
- Are a woman
- Have had UTIs before
- Have a condition that affects your bladder's nerve supply (including diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, and spinal cord injuries)
- Have been through menopause
- Are overweight
- Have something that blocks the passage of urine, such as a tumor, kidney stone, or an enlarged prostate
- Use a contraceptive diaphragm or spermicide for birth control
- Have a catheter, a tube placed into the bladder to drain urine from the bladder into a bag outside the body
- Are a man who has sex with men, has HIV infection, or hasn’t been circumcised
Most of these traits also raise the chance that a simple bladder infection may become a more serious kidney infection, or turn into sepsis (an infection that has gotten into your bloodstream). For pregnant women, a kidney infection can raise the odds of delivering a baby too early.
- Most UTIs are due to bacteria that are normally found in your gut, such as E. coli. Other bacteria that can cause them include staphylococcus, proteus, klebsiella, enterococcus, and pseudomonas.
- Some bladder infections in both men and women are linked to two sexually transmitted bugs: Chlamydia trachomatis and mycoplasma. Another parasite, trichomonas, can cause similar symptoms.
- Women are more likely to get urinary tract infections, because the tube that goes from the bladder to the outside (the urethra) is much shorter than in men. Because the urethral opening is closer to the anus in women, it’s easier for bacteria from stool to get into the female urethra. A urinary tract infection may be linked to sex.
- In men, a bladder infection is almost always a symptom of another condition. Often, the infection has moved from the prostate or some other part of the body. Or it may mean that a tumor or something else is blocking or interfering with the urinary tract.
- Chronic kidney infections in children sometimes happen because of a structural problem that allows urine to flow back from the bladder to the kidneys (reflux), or because the bladder doesn’t empty completely.
I am a 30 year old male suffering form kidney stone for last 5 years use homeopathic medicine after that 2 small size stone come out through urine and stone size 7mm is inside causing pain. What should I do.?
My father is having burning sensation and painful urination after catheter removal after his vascular bypass surgery. Please let me know the treatment.
SIR,/MADAM, sometime is very difficult when my two side of anus pain not heavy pain but it is internal two side of anus but I am consult my doctor who is one surgeon and he rectify them and say to me that your have to some internal piles or fissure so I am socked hello is it cure able for any medicine or take to long treatment pls reply me.
Hlo I have stone in my kidney its size is 9mm can it be removed by drinking water or some kind surgery is necessary for removal.
My son age is 3.5 years old. he has hard stool 4/5 times daily in cloth he wearing and urinate at night on bed and don't want to eat food. Like chocolate & kurkure. recommend some medicine.
I'm 18 years old male. I do not have any physical problem as such but i've observed that during excretion I bleed few droplets of dark red blood. I do not have any kind of pain for the same but my anus sometimes gets the pain of stretching when I poop.
- The stone presents mainly in kidney, bladder, ureters.
- Calicium, oxalate, and uric acid stones are mainly seen.
- And patients complainting mainly like severe pain on groin, loin, lower back, and painfull urination, etc.
- You can control this by taking proper and adequate water intake and avoiding calcium containing foods.
- And to treat kidney stones properly for permanant without side effects
- You can go for homeopathic method.