Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Bhende Harish S.Your feedback matters!
I have severe lower back pain. I cant bend nor do any work as it pains a lot. This has been going on since 3 weeks now. Took medicines but no effect. I also get bad catch on my legs behind my knees on calf if I stretch my legs. It gives me a lot of pain. Feeling sick all the time causing headaches too. Pl help me get rid of this n lead a normal life as before.
My wife aged about 54 years, she is suffering from joint pain and knee pain since 15yrs. She is taking following medicines but no good result. 1. Orthocort-6mg 2. Calcurt ct 3. Voveran sr-100. Please give your kind suggestion what shall I do for her healing ?
I countioned the gym for 3 years and now I have a. Back pain but when my back press I feel good but after I start pain what I should do.
I m 36 years old and I m suffering from muscles pain, acidity / gastric problem and also feeling very much illness or weakness. I think I also loss my stamina power. And I found also some blood in my stool.
I am an 18 year old male. I have serious neck pain. I did an xray after consulting a doc 5 months back. He asked me to see a physiotherapist. He found nothing in the xray report. What should I do to get rid of this neck and shoulder pain?
Sir I have lot of pain in my back please sir kindly gives me one of the best solution. .desi, drug,exercise wherever please sir.
My age is 40 years old and I have problem in my back. I feel back pain. Please give me some advice to resolve this problem.
I have been diagnosed with lumbar spondylosis. I took physiotherapy for fifteen days. I got some relief. But if I stand for longer hours I get pain in my middle back. Pls advice.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.