Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavin KhambathiYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years I had sex with my husband on 24th march and eat ipill within 24 hours and after 6 days I bleeded very lightly for one day. Now its 7 may I didn't received my periods and I did three pregnancy test all negative. Can I be pregnant? why my periods are llate. For how many days my periods can be delayed because of the side effect of I pill?
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My pap smear result says non specific inflammatory smear with haemorrhagic background. No fungus/parasite/atypical or malignant cells seen. Is my report OK or not?
Meri age 29 year he shadi ko 2 year hu e he aur muje diabetis he, abi tak muje bachcha nai hua, please guide.
I have anal and vulvar itching, at time and I also have vaginal itching? What should I do? Please help.
I lost my sister 22 days back. She was 21 years old. She suffered from triple A syndrome. Her haemoglobin had gone down to 3.8.Blood loss happened due to heavy periods for 15 days. She was taking homeopathy medicines to increase her blood level. Allopathy medicines for iron (like orofer) did not suit her. It caused her severe stomach pain. Her endocrinologist did not suggest blood transfusion for her. She had gas and vomiting problem on her last evening. She complained of chest and back pain. She was given rantac and zofer for it. But still she kept vomiting. This started in the afternoon and she passed away early morning at 4a. M.My mother keeps blaming herself for her death. She says that if she had a blood transfusion or hospitalized her earlier she could have been saved. She says that my sister's death was her mistake. She keeps repeating this about 100 times a day or more. She is devastated. I fear that this might affect her mental health. Please help.
There are many kinds of conditions and symptoms that require different kinds of surgery for treatment as well as diagnostic management. One such procedure is called a laparoscopy or the laparoscopic surgery. This is a surgical diagnostic management procedure that is known to be a low risk process with minimal invasion and suitable for various types of ailments. Read on to know everything about laparoscopic surgeries.
- Definition: A laparoscopic surgery is one where small incisions are made and an instrument called a laparoscope is used in order to take a look at the organs in the abdominal region. This tool is a long tube shaped one that comes with its own high intensity light and a high resolution camera that can easily move along the walls of the organs while the camera sends back imagery that will be displayed on a video screen in front of the doctor. This avoids the need for an open surgery and helps the doctors in getting samples for a biopsy on an outpatient basis.
- Need for Laparoscopy: This procedure is performed when the patient complains of persistent pain that is also sharp and shooting, in the abdomen region and surrounding areas like the pelvic cavity. This non-invasive method helps in diagnosis where other imaging methods like an ultrasound and CT or MRI scans would have failed to give a conclusive reason for the pain and suffering of the patient. When these tests do not supply enough reason for proper diagnosis, then the doctors usually resort to this kind of procedure.
- The Organs it can be used for: The laparoscopic surgery can be used for many organs including the appendix as well as the gall bladder, the pelvic region and the reproductive organs, the small and large intestines, the spleen, the stomach, the liver and the pancreas.
- What all can it Detect: The laparoscopic surgery can help in detecting a number of issues including any abnormal growth or mass that may be a tumour. It can also point at the presence of any disease in the liver, as well as the proper functioning of certain treatments. Also, it can show the amount of fluid that may or may not be present in the abdominal cavity and the extent of cancer's progression in the body.
- Risks: There are a few side effects or risks of this method including fever, chills, swelling, bleeding or redness of the site where the incision was made for the surgery, and shortness of breath. All these symptoms must be reported to the doctor immediately as they may point at the presence of an infection. Also, there is a risk of organ damage in this procedure.
I have a black spot on my face both chick. My hb is medium to low. Sometimes before 3 days of monthly period I am very tired and pain in my head. Please give me solutions of this problem.
I am married 23 year old suffering missed period cycles, I getting 2.5 or 3 months once so please give me better solutions and this effected for my pregnancy also.
My wife wants to get pregnant her age is 53 years and she want to get pregnant from 6 months we are doing sex continuously with condom but now she is saying that she want to pregnant we went to doctor she first laugh and said you can but at this age so please help us my age is 44 and my wife is 53 and her weight is 115 my is 77 and her breast size 45 by 120cm my penis size is 6 inch and say us how should we have sex will he get pregnant this is our 1st child and we are 1 year old couple before she was also unmarried and me too.
I am 19 years old girl. I have sex with my husband on my 3 rd day of periods. I have a very little blood flow on that day. IS DER ANY CHANCE TO BECOME PREGNANT? We did not used any kind of birth control measure and he cummed completely inside n I did not even washed it immediately?
I have three basic questions related to pregnancy of my wife who is in her eleventh week of first trimester. Ques-1 my wife after missing her last period undergone a home pregnancy test which was +ve and visited the hospital, but doctor did not go with hcg blood test and rather gave urine test kit again and confirmed pregnancy, she has also started her prenatal pills and vaccination. Is it ok? Ques-2 can we have sex (intercourse and oral) while in pregnancy? Ques-3 can we travel long distance journey while pregnancy?
I am a 29 years old male. Yesterday, I had a sexual encounter. I had used condom as a measure of protection, but it failed. The condom got leaked during the act. What do I need to do now to prevent transmission of any stds? And what if I get diagnosed with any stds or hiv?
As per my wife's latest USG dated 24 sep 16 she is into 35 weeks of pregnancy. Foetal weight is 2437 GM's. Report says grade 2 maturity. Fhr is 150 beats. Pls advise if all is OK. what does grade 2 maturity means. As per USG EDD is 30 Oct. My doctor has advised to go for the delivery on 14 Oct. Is it OK or Shud we wait till 30 Oct. is it safe to wait and go for the the delivery on or around 27 Oct.
Hi. Good morning. I am excretes daily twice, sometimes thrice. Now am pregnant. Second pregnancy. First pregnancy c-section. 8 months gap between first and second pregnancy. Failure in first pregnancy. So I started walking and workouts for reducing weight for getting second pregnancy.(56 kgs before first pregnancy ,66 kgs after delivery, 62 kgs after workouts, and used herbal life products after 6 months of c-section for weightless (62 kgs. Conceived. Now fifth month. What is the reason for excreting twice a day?
I am 32 years old female, weight 72 kgs, planning my 1st child. In 2010 I had an abortion, in the 22nd week of my pregnancy. I have normal MC & Ovulation too. I had thyroid 6.5 in feb so I am having thyronorm 25 mcg. Now my thyroid is 3.2, I am still continuing it. All other tests and reports of both my husband and myself are normal. I want to know what are the precautions, do's & don't for me. I prefer using indian style toilets, is it fine? Is bending, sitting down on the floor, running etc safe? It would be of great help id you can provide me the details.
With the onset of monsoon temperature drops and the air is often cool, but it is also an ideal time for breeding of mosquitoes. A mosquito bite is universally abhorred. A sting that turns into dengue is even more disliked. Dengue is a mosquito borne disease that causes high fever, rashes and pain in joints and muscles. Since there is no vaccine that can completely eradicate dengue, it becomes important to take preventive measures to reduce mosquitoes and keep the disease at bay.
Here are a few tips that can reduce your risk of being bitten by mosquitoes:
- Do not allow water to accumulate: Mosquitoes breed in standing water. To prevent this do not allow rainwater to collect in pots or stagnate in your garden. Ensure that your water tanks are kept covered always. Keep buckets turned over when not in use. Coolers are generally ineffective in the monsoons so empty them out and keep the trays dry. It is also a good idea to empty and dry swimming pools and ornamental fountains during the monsoons.
- Use mosquito repellent: Dengue mosquitoes typically bite a person during the day. Hence, make it a habit to put on a mosquito repellent along with your sunscreen every time you step out. Mosquito repellents should be used on all the exposed areas of your skin including your ears. Using a mosquito net around your bed at night is the best way to ensure safety against mosquitoes. You could also attach mosquito repellent patches on your infant's clothes.
- Do not allow mosquitoes indoors: Install mesh shutters on your doors and windows. This will allow air in, but will keep mosquitoes out. Take a close look at your doors and windows for holes through which mosquitoes could come in. Also look at their joints and edges to ensure that there are no gaps. Burning camphor and lavender or tea tree aromatics can also help keep mosquitoes away.
- Grow mosquito repelling plants: Citronella and tulsi are two plants that are well known for their mosquito repelling properties. Grow these plants near your window and the entrance of your house to naturally repel mosquitoes.
- Avoid outdoor activities at dawn and dusk: Sunrise and sunset are when mosquitoes are most active. Hence avoid being outdoors at this time. If you must be out, wear protective clothes that minimize the amount of skin exposed. Wearing light colours instead of dark colours can also help as mosquitoes are attracted to dark colours.