Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BhasenYour feedback matters!
My son is 56 days old almost 2 months, he having cough and cold ,can someone suggest some drops for him.
My daughter is 22 months old. She had suffered vomiting and diarrhea 16 days back. She had started with vomiting after any feed (even water), followed by diarrhea (loose motions) at least 15 times a day. She was just on ORS (no antibiotics given and only Oral ondansetron and Lansoprazole were given) and it stopped after 4-5 days. But she continued with foul smelling, pasty stools with a frequency of 5-6 till date.(i. E. After 16 Days). I don't know what to do?
Hi, My son is 18 month old and had chicken pot vaccination today after few hours of vaccination in his right hip his right hand also not moving well. Is the same a relevant after vaccination impact?
My baby girl was born on 3rd october premature at 32 weeks. She was in NICU for 3 weeks due to infection. Her OAE test results REFER however the child responds to sound of rattles. When the child cries and we use rattle to soothe her she stops crying instantly Please suggest of she has hearing loss.
My baby is 6 month old and I have started solid to her. How many time I should give her food in a day.
My daughter is 10 months old. She has started passing lose stool from 3 days. At first 6 times she did lose stool that too green color then I started giving metrogyl but still she is passing semi liquid stool thrice. She is now teething. Is it normal if not please prescribed any other medicine.
My baby boy is 12 days old. He does watery toilet 10-12 times daily. I am giving him domstal baby (domperidone). Please advise him to stable n proper toilet.
My daughter don't want to eat regular food like milk, rice, vegetables etc. We have to feed her by force and she is very skinny but active all the time.
My son is 10 months old. Now, he got a problem like, one of his testis is not in the scrotum. When we scan it, it was given in the report as the left side of the testis is present in the left side external inguinal ring measuring 15 * 6mm. So whether operation is the only solution for him? Or we can wait for few more years for this problem? Kindly suggest me a solution for this issue. We are really worried. In this website itself I am getting two different answers. 1 doctor is asking me to wait and the other one is asking to operate soon. Please give me a suggestion on this. Please connect to pediatric surgeon and answer me. I am confused because, in India itself I have contacted 8 doctors, please give me a clear explanation and suggestion please.
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Lentil soup or dal should only be consumed in limited amounts to prevent the formation of gas. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.